Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Euro commemorative coin

Options
  • 04-01-2016 1:43pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can order the new €2.00 commemorative coins that are being issued out to the public this month? I am looking to get a roll of 25 coins BU but the Central banks say its being issued out to the commercial banks. The commercial banks say they have no idea and are being directed back to the Central bank. Does anyone have any ideas about where I can get them. Any information will be helpful - :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

No release date set yet for these coins. It will be on the central bank website once date announced
    Hello,

Does anyone know where I can order the new €2.00 commemorative coins that are being issued out to the public this month? I am looking to get a roll of 25 coins BU but the Central banks say its being issued out to the commercial banks. The commercial banks say they have no idea and are being directed back to the Central bank. Does anyone have any ideas about where I can get them. Any information will be helpful - :):):)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The official launch which is by invitation only is on Tuesday the 19th Jan. at the Central Bank on Dame Street. So should be available from the 20th, but if they do what they did for the flag coins you may not be able to get bags of them at the CB. You might have to rely on your friendly bank clerks to watch out for them.

:pac:Thanks A mill for the info -

That is so unfair. I can see people all over europe (on other Euro collection sites) taking orders in for uncirculated circulation coins @55 - 60 Euro and I am struggling to get an answer from any of the banks about info on this, let alone a bag of coins.

Ridiculous carry on.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If you're just looking for one bag for yourself, it shouldn't be a problem getting them. There's going to be a lot of these in circulation, also ask at your local businesses to watch out for them. It may be possible to get a bag at the CB from the 20th, but that's not guaranteed yet. You could get the 2007/2009 and 2012 at the CB one bag per person but that seemed to have stopped for the 2015, so there's no telling yet what they'll do for the 2016. I suspect they'll make them difficult to get so that more people will buy the official sets, coin cards etc.

• Advertisement

I am looking to get a couple of bags so I can swap with other collectors for other country commemorative. I dont want the circulated ones because i will eventually get my hands on them where I work, I just want them uncirculated. :(:(. i have got coins from Banks in other European countries with no problem from their CB. But this is a disaster that I cant get any of them from the Irish Banks.. :(

Regards

Denver

Yes just saw in central bank website that they are available for order on 20th of January. Have you contacted the collector coin department within the central bank - surely the coin collector unit has information
    :pac:Thanks A mill for the info -

That is so unfair. I can see people all over europe (on other Euro collection sites) taking orders in for uncirculated circulation coins @55 - 60 Euro and I am struggling to get an answer from any of the banks about info on this, let alone a bag of coins.

Ridiculous carry on.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes just saw in central bank website that they are available for order on 20th of January. Have you contacted the collector coin department within the central bank - surely the coin collector unit has information

"This €2 commemorative coin is available in a range of affordable and collectable presentations."

The OP is looking for bags of uncirculated coin, there's no mention of this on the website and they have never allowed the public to order them, in fact you couldn't even get bags of the 2015 at the Central bank where you could get at least one bag per person for the previous years. They want to sell the ones in presentation packing remember.

Contact the collector coin unit in central bank and check with them in relation to them
    Blade wrote: »
    "This €2 commemorative coin is available in a range of affordable and collectable presentations."

The OP is looking for bags of uncirculated coin, there's no mention of this on the website and they have never allowed the public to order them, in fact you couldn't even get bags of the 2015 at the Central bank where you could get at least one bag per person for the previous years. They want to sell the ones in presentation packing remember.

Advertisement