Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing Mold for new Hearing aids

• 04-01-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got a pair of 2 x Unitron Analog US80 PP BTE Hearing Aids but i need tubes and domes does anyone know who might provide this service?

I am based in Limerick

Kind Regards,

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are they configured for your use? If so, maybe ask the company who configured them for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Thanks for the reply I bought these on line so i need Tubes and Domes for them

ciarano wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply I bought these on line so i need Tubes and Domes for them
    Yes, I see you bought them on adverts. Are they configured for your use, or are they still configured for the use of the person you bought them from? Find a company that can configure them, and said company will probably also be able to do the moulds as well.

Many thanks for the reply have sent out a few emails to see if i can get moulds and configuration done unfortunately most of them just want to sell me new hearing aids :(

Many thanks for the reply have sent out a few emails to see if i can get moulds and configuration done unfortunately most of them just want to sell me new hearing aids :(
    I'm guessing that the moulds cost about €100 or so to make? Perhaps check the likes of specsavers to ask how much they'll do the moulds for, as I'm sure if you mention price of the moulds, as opposed to them making the moulds for you, you'll get a better answer.

From looking at the US80's, it seems you can program them yourself, but have you some sort of record of how bad your hearing is, or will it be a DIY on what you think is good?

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help and advice most appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

On this subject, anyone know where to get decent moulds in Dublin?

Bonovox don't do them anymore unless you're buying aids off them and I can't really afford to be buying new aids every 12 months. :)

Try deaf hear there audiologist can make a set for about 70-80 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Try deaf hear there audiologist can make a set for about 70-80 quid

Thank you. I'll give them a call on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Wonder could you make them (or something similar) yourself, was reading about the (Irish born) inventor of wonder product 'Sugru' (or something like that) the other day, it's like plastic putty but sets hard rubber after 24hrs, costs about 10notes in most craft stores/online.

As my iphone buds keep dropping out so might have a go and don't fancy handing 160 for DrDreBeats, sure DrDre isn't even a doctor, probably didn't even finish high school with all that rapping!

Advertisement