Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Item missing from my delivered Order - company insisting it was included?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

I have used this company over the last number of years and have never had an issue until now.

I ordered 7 items from Sports Direct in November and the package was delivered but because it contained Christmas presents I didn't open it immediately. When I did open it in December I discovered one item(a football jersey for my son) was missing from the package however its on the receipt that its included. The package was fully intact when it was delivered so I am confident that it was put into someone else's package and they received a free football jersey that I have paid for.

I immediately contacted the company and after an investigation they are insisting that the item was scanned and placed in the package. It was not...
    I have no item and am €45 out of pocket. What do I do now? do I have to just suffer the loss. I know its not a big amount of money, but its the fact I didn't get what I paid for!!

any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Try the seller again and if you get no satisfaction you could spend another €25 and go to the Small Claims Court where the claims, responses and supporting evidence from both sides will be considered. It's your word against theirs but that wouldn't be unusual for SCC cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

it would not be your word against theirs it would be against a lot of evidence that is was in there.
    they have fancy systems that will show that it was put in the box
    you signed for the box so it wasn't damaged.
    you then didn't complain within the no of days in the Ts and cs.
    you also have a receipt that shows it was sent to you

I would think your own actions would be enough proof to disprove you

its unfair but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I know it's a bit mental, but think about how many times you sign for a parcel but never first check the contents before signing. I got burnt as a teen with a faulty item and got the runaround from TNT because I signed for it, so basically now every package that I need to sign for, from a courier, they need to stand there while I open it and inspect.

A number of times where I've had some concerns, the courier bears witness to it. Most couriers will have a form on them to record recipient issues like damaged on delivery etc.

I know where your coming from with the leaving it to one side, but I'd always open a package ASAP to make sure its contents were correct and proper, so if there was a problem, I'd be getting the ball rolling right away

Advertisement