Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Galway to Celbridge.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Roadhawk wrote: »
    http://www.dailyedge.ie/taxi-from-galway-to-celbridge-2526747-Jan2016/

Woman on a night out got a taxi from Galway to Celbridge. Surely the taxi driver would have queried this to the passenger considering the distance/cost etc? Do taxis have set costs going from county to county or is it on the meter?

A) All fares are on the meter unless a fare is agreed in writing by driver and passenger.
    B) A taxi driver can refuse you on the basis that your journey is greater than 30KM.

To be quite honest I think that story is just a yarn. I've no doubts that she was queried about where she was going; there's no way that she didn't notice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Dublin to Celbridge in 3.5 hours - come off it - its max 90 mins.

What about the 2 tolls did they not cop on then.

Story is totally false but cannot believe the papers don't even read their own stuff before publishing, that said though they've drawn traffic and therefore advertising revenue so its job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

thebiglad wrote: »
    Dublin to Celbridge in 3.5 hours - come off it - its max 90 mins.

Wouldn't even take 90 minutes on a bike. Maynooth to Dublin is 60 mins on the bike for me and it's further away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Sorry, meant Galway to Dublin - could nearly walk Dublin/Celbridge in 3.5 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

3.5 hours from Galway to Celbridge isn't likely either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Galway Airport junction to Celbridge might take 2 hours if you dawdled, I've done it in vastly, vastly less

Advertisement