Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surgery last week and exam is tomorrow

Options
  • 04-01-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Hi, I had my appendix removed last week and was in hospital for a few days after the surgery. Obviously I wasn't able to study while in hospital and looped out on painkillers, but even at home I'm still in a lot of pain and am finding it extremely hard to study. I haven't left the house yet, my exam scheduled for tomorrow will be my first time leaving. Do I have any options? I know I can apply for the PC form but I don't know what this gets me? Do I get an allowance on my marks or do I get another chance to sit the exam as my first time or?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Have you a doctors note?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Get a PC1 personal circumstances form filled out by your doctor. Then submit it to the Exams Office. If you have to repeat, you won't have to pay fees and your maximum score won't be capped at 40.

You might still have to repeat in August/September but you'll be marked as if that was your first attempt.

Advertisement