Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Sort of old news..the sets are built up there already

the one down in kerry looks awesome
    II%20EXCLUSIVE%20ST_3.jpg

Lads. They're building the Falcon up in Donegal. My pal lives across the water from the set. It's closed off for miles around. Only residents have passes to get in.

The ****in falcon is two hours drive away. Verge of tears.
    [https://instagram.com/p/BFPeZykhQ--/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RealiTea

Saw something on Joe.ie today about them building a Millennium Falcon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Advertisement

almost certainly the falcon...rear underside engine blocks are the same shape.

13226863_10154817735758032_1331524051375997309_n.jpg?oh=f102a0a11acd26747276f607ab8b7418&oe=57A2038B&__gda__=1473799918_557bc3f085fb72ecea6355d7b238a831

13226721_10154817736123032_363776814169106003_n.jpg?oh=a7dc9ffd62c0982b43e08f4555ffcbf0&oe=57E5A446&__gda__=1469877725_1a9f30ced2ab70c0b6c6a72c795d77ae

We now KNOW that Kylo turns up on Ach-to. Hamill arrived in Belfast short while ago with Adam driver and Daisy Ridley and Carrie Fisher apparently but no pics of her.

Ridley and Driver are all embarrassed and Hamill is literally the embarrassing uncle. Cool pics
    https://twitter.com/adnhnrt/status/731105113104912384

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

david75 wrote: »
    We now KNOW that Kylo turns up on Ach-to. Hamill arrived in Belfast short while ago with Adam driver and Daisy Ridley and Carrie Fisher apparently but no pics of her.

Ridley and Driver are all embarrassed and Hamill is literally the embarrassing uncle. Cool pics
    https://twitter.com/adnhnrt/status/731105113104912384

Interesting... this might suggest the plot leak about
    Kylo having a chat with Rey and Luke
    could have some substance to it... Then again, it could all be a ruse by the director. Sending extra cast members to a location to throw off the scent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The gang arriving at Belfast airport...

mark-hamill-who-plays-luke-skywalker-in-the-star-wars-series-arrives-picture-id531199664

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wow, that's uncanny.

Calls already being made to have him star in films about Lukes journeys post Jedi. I'd definitely go see those films.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Just an FYI , keep an eye on the status of the site. There was some damage done in the (not so) recent storms and there were reports a week or so ago that visitors to the site would not be permitted until the repairs were complete. That's due to be done by the 14th of May... but keep an eye that it's not delayed.

Thanks again for this heads up. Just heard on the radio only yesterday that it's been reopened to visitors so we're going on Friday weather permitting. Hoping and wishing the weathers like this when I get there. Glorious out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I live 10 miles away, and kinda felt sorry for anyone who travelled any distance to get to the filming at Malin Head, as there was zero chance of getting anywhere near the location. Zero chance.

Security extra tight.

See tonight that Mark Hamill made the effort to get to the local pub when he was leaving, decent of him, seems a good sport.

Seems they've travelled to Cork for ten days filming. Weird that. Haven't seen or heard of any sets being made down there?
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/the-star-wars-cast-look-like-theyre-having-the-best-time-in-ireland-735586.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Probably just going to use the English Market....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭paintinglasses

david75 wrote:
    Seems they've travelled to Cork for ten days filming. Weird that. Haven't seen or heard of any sets being made down there?

They've been on Brow Head since the start of March, laying a boardwalk to the edge etc. Have had security there since St Patricks weekend, restricting access. Not sure if they're only filming til this Wednesday or is it next Wednesday?

Reports saying they're here for ten days. Glad I booked my B&b for Skellig months ago. Everything is booked out all around there now with cast and crew apparently.

Dair76 wrote: »
    Probably just going to use the English Market....

That was an April fools joke :) just talking to the guy who wrote the article. That went global!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

See Daisy got out to a local pub in Culdaff too before she left, some nice photos.

It's great that the stars make an effort to do this, even if it only is for a couple of minutes. It's nothing of their time but it means so much for local people and the area.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think Tourism Ireland probably have a lot to do with it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

david75 wrote: »
    That was an April fools joke :) just talking to the guy who wrote the article. That went global!!

utzTCyo.png

Sorry. I'm dying with a headache today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Aw man, I can't believe they're filming down the road. So close. I want more leaks, more gossip, more information damnit!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Aw man, I can't believe they're filming down the road. So close. I want more leaks, more gossip, more information damnit!

I'm going to Skellig on Friday. I'm going to see is that damned stone there or not. If it's not? He's definitely standing at a gravestone and it's a prop and therefore part of the story. Reys ma buried there? Killed by Kylo? Possibly.

If it is there I'll be ragin haha!!!

Daisy just owned Ireland and the Internet:). Look at her comment underneath

CisB9G-W0AAwZUl.jpg:large

'Confused cos everyone keeps going on about us filming in Ireland and I'm over here like NO HUNZ WE IN SPACE'

• Advertisement

We have a (new) title.

Star Wars : The Fall of the Resistance

Advertisement