Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

david75 wrote: »
    We have a (new) title.

Star Wars : The Fall of the Resistance

The best sounding rumoured title to date, but I don't buy it. Firstly I'm sceptical that this would leak. And secondly it's also not cryptic enough. I mean, it's basically a spoiler. It would like calling Episode 6 The Fall of the Empire, or Episode 4 The Destruction of the Death Star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,149 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How about - Star Wars : Resistance is Futile.

Live long and prosper, people!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The best sounding rumoured title to date, but I don't buy it. Firstly I'm sceptical that this would leak. And secondly it's also not cryptic enough. I mean, it's basically a spoiler. It would like calling Episode 6 The Fall of the Empire, or Episode 4 The Destruction of the Death Star.

Empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi don't follow the same logic? As almost spoilers?

Rise of the first order and Rise of the Knights of Ren are the other two I've seen.

The first is better than the second.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi don't follow the same logic? As almost spoilers?

No because it's Return of the Jedi, not Victory of the Jedi. The Empire Strikes Back, not The Empire Kicks Everyone's Ass and Wins. They aren't telling you what's going to happen, they are more ambiguous than that.

• Advertisement

Im Not too concerned about the title for exactly the reasons you gave. They don't mean much. Posted this in the FA thread by Mistake.

I'm thinking Luke found Rey as a child cos she was so powerful. Kylo was being groomed by Snoke and was jealous of Rey. He then or later kills Reys parents and Luke is forced to flee with her, Not being able to kill his nephew.

Gets Han to hide her (with unkaar plutt) goes to find out how the dark side is rising if he's killed the emperor already. (Maybe doesn't realise it's Snoke or doesn't know who Snoke is). On his way buries her parents on Acch to and is there waiting for Rey years later when she comes looking for him. The huge big spoiler released today backs some of that up. Also explains why Han and Chewie seem to know her and Kylo knows from the get go.

My two cents

Will also say I've a funny feeling this next one might well be the best of all the films. But let's see.

Depends on where you rank force awakens maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Rise of the first order and Rise of the Knights of Ren are the other two I've seen.

The first is better than the second.

Well, the First Order have been around for twenty years, because Finn. So 'Rise of the First Order' would be a bit of a strange title.

TBH, all of the Star Wars subtitles have been awful, apart from 'Return of the Jedi'.

'Attack of the Clones'...ha ha ha ha. :pac:

Just back from the jaw dropping awe inspiring Skellig Michael. Sad to Discover it is just a stone Lukes standing by but man what a place. Pics here if you wanna see. https://m.facebook.com/david.donovan.73345/albums/10154842233603032/

attachment.php?attachmentid=626792&d=1463766924

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just back from the jaw dropping awe inspiring Skellig Michael. Sad to Discover it is just a stone Lukes standing by but man what a place. Pics here if you wanna see. https://m.facebook.com/david.donovan.73345/albums/10154842233603032/

Excellent pics. I went to Portmagee last year but on the morning we were due to sail out they said the water was too rough to take people :(

Hope to go again but the place we stayed in has really upped their prices since the movie came out.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    Excellent pics. I went to Portmagee last year but on the morning we were due to sail out they said the water was too rough to take people :(

Hope to go again but the place we stayed in has really upped their prices since the movie came out.

I booked a hostel only a few days ago online. Got it for €22 right in Portmagee and had the room to myself. Two beds!! It is about to get crazy tho. Some of the prices the other people were telling me about on the boat were obscene. Not all mind. None of it mattered after we got off Skellig. It's that good. You should definitely go back.

What was the hostel? We stayed in the Moorings but now they think they are 5 star.

py2006 wrote: »
    What was the hostel? We stayed in the Moorings but now they think they are 5 star.

Portmagee hostel. Just up the hill about a minutes walk. Really tidy and homely. Huge kitchen etc. Nobody there really. Well worth it. Send you a link if you like?

Portmagee hostel. Just up the hill about a minutes walk. Really tidy and homely. Huge kitchen etc. Nobody there really. Well worth it. Send you a link if you like?

Yea cheers. You went alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Wow ... I don't think I can get over untill at least summer 2017 ... I hope they aren´t closed to tourists by then :(

Apparently also filming on Loop head Co. Clare - another spooky location !

Wow ... I don't think I can get over untill at least summer 2017 ... I hope they aren´t closed to tourists by then :(

They won't be but just a warning. If you're using public transport it is actually a nightmare. Nearest bus goes to Cahersiveen. 14k away. 20€ in a cab or like I did just walk it if it's beautiful out(glad I did. Stunning scenery). But if you go, and get out on the Skellig, you get back about 245. And you've then missed the last bus out of Cahersiveen which was at 1145!! So you then have to try be in killorglan for the last bus leaving there for Killarney which is at 320!!

I missed all these buses and just got lucky hitchhiking and a lovely old man called Pat drive me half way to killorglan. He said if I get there and haven't been picked up he'd be driving to Killarney later anyways. So I managed to get to kilorglan lift off a lovely fella from Longford. Mad bad traffic all the way.

I'm only out of his car ten minutes and standing at the bustop when Pat came along and beeped and drove me all the way to Killarney. I was dead lucky but getting stuck down there due to nonsensical bus times would be so easy. So really plan it and look up the 279a route down there and plan around that. You'll be snookered otherwise.

So apparently this set in Kerry is built on a platform to allow a certain puppeteer work underneath it. Force ghost Yoda here we go :)
    https://twitter.com/fionalooney/status/733991884515872768

So apparently this set in Kerry is built on a platform to allow a certain puppeteer work underneath it. Force ghost Yoda here we go :)
    https://twitter.com/fionalooney/status/733991884515872768

I heard he was just providing the voice!

• Advertisement

Any word on the sightings of Carrie Fisher in Dingle or are they just rumours?

She's not in Ireland. She was at Cannes.

Some guys broke into pinewood and took pics on the falcon. Someone's getting fired
    http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/photos-of-the-falcon-and-temple-tree-from-star-wars-episode-viii/
    IMG_3639.jpg?zoom=2&fit=494%2C330

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

She's not in Ireland. She was at Cannes.

Some guys broke into pinewood and took pics on the falcon. Someone's getting fired
    http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/photos-of-the-falcon-and-temple-tree-from-star-wars-episode-viii/
    IMG_3639.jpg?zoom=2&fit=494%2C330

Not that i am condoning breaking and entering but i would absolutely love a picture in front of the Falcon! That's a framer for the den right there for whoever that lad is!

Yeah I'd be all over it if I could too.

Another site has there long range shots of scenes being filmed on Ceann Sibeall and helicopters n stuff. Not even going to post that. It'd wreck stuff just by being crap.

So Yoda as a force ghost should be in this one ?

So Yoda as a force ghost should be in this one ?

Rumour has it. Hopefully its a puppet and not CGI.

Your man (can't think of his name) is rumoured to be doing the voice.

• Advertisement

Frank Oz. Did the original Yoda. I'd say they're gonna make the puppet and just do the same effect over it used in ROTJ to make him all shimmery n force ghost. Saw the original Yoda puppet at a Star Wars exhibition in London years ago. They're gonna need a new one. Latex breaks down really quickly.

Advertisement