Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

david75 wrote: »
    Would have been a hell of a cliff hanger

Snoke or the emperor coming back as a force ghost..

Anekin, Kenobi and Yoda can do it, why not the baddies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Poe had decent development in the movie even if it was in a very obvious manner

Yeh everything to do with his character was done in a ridiculously heavy handed manner . People complained about how overpowered Rey is but at least she has the excuse of being force sensitive, they've overpowered Poe in a much more egregious and forced manner imo. In TFA he takes out an entire Tie squadron in one fluid move over Maz's cantina, and in this he takes out every point defence cannon on the surface of the Dreadnought. They basically give him jedi level piloting skills all to establish his hot shot pilot bona fides . Then there are the ridiculous pains they go to to establish who he's meant to remind us of by have him refered to as a trouble maker and all round loveable Rogue multiple times by the female characters . I've seen more subtlety in a Transformers movie .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Peatys wrote: »
    Snoke or the emperor coming back as a force ghost..

Anekin, Kenobi and Yoda can do it, why not the baddies?

The Sith can’t reappear after death as force ghosts. It’s only the Jedi you mentioned and now Luke and Yoda that can do it. Qui Gon was the first to learn how to do it so it’s a very tiny amount are able. It wasn’t common knowledge as all the Jedi are wiped out by the time Yoda learns it from qui Gon and then Yoda tells obi wan he has to learn it to while watching over luke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

He got cut in half though :p

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the future movies delve into Rey's parents a bit more, I do believe that they're "nobodies" and not actually some big popular character, but I think we'll hear about them having more altruistic reasons for abandoning her or something like that.

True but the fact Kylo could pick up the dice at the end means that people can interact with the projections at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

How much of slapstick chuckle fest must Solo have been under Lord and Miller if this level of humour was acceptable but their level got them fired .

Lord (and Miller) only knows :D:pac:

• Advertisement

We’re getting a teaser for Han within the week it seems.

One of the new visual dictionaries says that Snoke has another apprentice. Could be that’s who we see come to tackle kylo for leadership. Let’s see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Tony EH wrote: »
    In a series of films that includes the prequels and most of Finn's awful dialogue. You find very few people who will agree with you on this.

tumblr_o501tmrFcM1v2vapvo5_250.gif

Now, THAT'S "Abysmal unforgiveable crap". ;)

I loved that line actually !
    I think the comedy chemistry between Han Solo and Finn was great!
    :D

One of the new visual dictionaries says that Snoke has another apprentice. Could be that’s who we see come to tackle kylo for leadership. Let’s see

Hmmmmmm ....

Darth Plageius master (cant remember his name) had 2 apprentices :eek:

So Snoke is not Plageuis !! he is Plageuis apprentice...

or wait ... im getting confused now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did fin or his actions reveal the cloaked transports plan ?

why did snoke need to be cgi?

Cos Andy Serkis is a master of facial capture -> CGI ...

Holy Sh!t ! I know it was posted earlier in thread but :

david75 1,020
    Tony EH 330
    py2006 113
    Sad Professor 113
    Saruhashi 106
    Falthyron 106
    Drumpot 80
    Osmosis Jones 77
    Hector Savage 70
    johnny_ultimate 61

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

where did rey learn her stick fighting?
    captain phasma's voice should have been more distorted/muffled/lowered.
    if po dameron was demoted was he replaced? should he not have asked his replacement and thus direct superior, what they plan was/
    did fin or his actions reveal the cloaked transports plan ?

anymore pressing questions? :p

Of all the CGI baddies we've gotten this year Snoke was by far the best in fairness. That being said as he never stands up (that I can remember)size wouldn't have been an issue so he could have been done with Prosthetics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

A big movie like TLJ, with an advertising budget to match by a huge studio like Disney, was always going to do well especially considering the time of the year when bugger all else is out in the cinema. The last Jedi also arrived on the back of two recent Star Wars movies that were very well received by fans and critics alike.

The proof in the pudding will be how the franchise is effected going forward. I can honestly see DVD and Blueray sales being down along with books, comics and other merchandise sales. How will the marmite effect of this film play into future movies like episode 9, Solo, Obiwan and the next trilogy Johnson is ment to be directing.

I was left wanting to know what happens next after TFA and happily curious about Rogue One. After last Jedi I'v zero interesting in seeing what Johnson will do with his new trilogy and not caring very much about episode 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Venom wrote: »
    A big movie like TLJ, with an advertising budget to match by a huge studio like Disney, was always going to do well especially considering the time of the year when bugger all else is out in the cinema. The last Jedi also arrived on the back of two recent Star Wars movies that were very well received by fans and critics alike.

The proof in the pudding will be how the franchise is effected going forward. I can honestly see DVD and Blueray sales being down along with books, comics and other merchandise sales. How will the marmite effect of this film play into future movies like episode 9, Solo, Obiwan and the next trilogy Johnson is ment to be directing.

I was left wanting to know what happens next after TFA and happily curious about Rogue One. After last Jedi I'v zero interesting in seeing what Johnson will do with his new trilogy and not caring very much about episode 9.

Money quote.

James Emanuel Shapiro did the hard work over at Birth.Death.Movies detailing that, of 100 random negative user reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, 94% of them either had no account or were first-time users. Of 100 random negative Metacritic user reviews, 72% of them were new users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Of all the CGI baddies we've gotten this year Snoke was by far the best in fairness. That being said as he never stands up (that I can remember)size wouldn't have been an issue so he could have been done with Prosthetics.

He stands up and walks, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Some very sad bastards trying to petition this out of the Star Wars lore. There are more important things to petition surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'm thinking of going to see this tonight. Haven't read through the thread though - just want to know if it's any good? Is it worth paying to see or wait?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

sonic85 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going to see this tonight. Haven't read through the thread though - just want to know if it's any good? Is it worth paying to see or wait?

Go see it, what's the worst that can happen? :)

anymore pressing questions? :p
    yes why did you need to go to the bother of doing that could you not have just attempted to answer one of my questions?

Grayditch wrote: »
    He stands up and walks, I think.

Ah right . Well they still could have put a human on stilts and pulled off with Prosthetics imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,775 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

yes why did you need to go to the bother of doing that could you not have just attempted to answer one of my questions?

Hitting the multi-quote button isn't much bother.

And nah they're almost all just nitpicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah right . Well they still could have put a human on stilts and pulled off with Prosthetics imo.

Personally, I think when it's THAT good it's ok. But it's rarely ever that good. Even Tarkin on R1 took me out of it a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Grayditch wrote: »
    Personally, I think when it's THAT good it's ok. But it's rarely ever that good. Even Tarkin on R1 took me out of it a few times.

That's more down to it being a CGI human I reckon. CGI aliens/monsters tend to get more of a pass from movie goers in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭sonic85

pixelburp wrote: »
    Go see it, what's the worst that can happen? :)

I can waste money going to see something that's a disappointment! :D

I'll chance it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭kerplun k

sonic85 wrote: »
    I can waste money going to see something that's a disappointment! :D

I’m not sure Justice League is still playing in theaters.

• Advertisement

Holy Sh!t ! I know it was posted earlier in thread but :

david75 1,020
    Tony EH 330
    py2006 113
    Sad Professor 113
    Saruhashi 106
    Falthyron 106
    Drumpot 80
    Osmosis Jones 77
    Hector Savage 70
    johnny_ultimate 61

:eek:

Over two years in fairness. And I’m still waiting for my prize. But this is what havibg no mates does to you. Impenetrable Star Wars nerd bubble.

Advertisement