Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

david75 wrote: »
    Sorry. What would be the point? I’m not into ‘arguing’ with clearly insecure thread tourists.

:rolleyes: And again superfan type comment. So you have nothing to add, thanks for clarifying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'd say that, more than likely, Hammil got a nod from Disney to quit the "Not my Luke skywalker" schtick and to "get on board", if he wants to keep riding the SW money train. ;)

I would be surprised if he didn’t get that nod sooner because he has been consistent in his dislike of Luke’s story.... Why would Disney not ask him to stop dissing new Luke? They would of known that this Luke would be divisive as there were much safer stories they could of used like TFA.

Hamill never said he didn’t like the movie, something that appears to get lost when people are quoting Hamill as exhibit A in validating their negative feelings about the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Finally.

Mark Hamill Wants To Set The Record Straight On Star Wars: The Last Jedi

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/mark-hamill-loves-last-jedi-calls-rian-johnsons-padawan-star-wars-last-jedi/

Or disney threw his contract in his face and are making him do this :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

irishman86 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: And again superfan type comment. So you have nothing to add, thanks for clarifying

No, I just know better than to feed a topic tourist who is clearly looking for a row.
    You man. You best. Beat chest. Rey crap.

We get it. Roll along now.

nix wrote: »
    Or disney threw his contract in his face and are making him do this :P

Nix I think I saved this for you. Either way enjoy

• Advertisement

No, I just know better than to feed a topic tourist who is clearly looking for a row.

Youve made 3 nothing posts, i dont bite on your tourist nonsense either buddy
    I think your a clueless super fan who cant see whats infront of your face
    Its hilarious :pac:
    Whats funnier is you actually cant deny anything said, just spout more nonsense

Hilarious :) you haven’t actually made any points worth responding to though apart from lame attempts to bait me. On ye go son :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Man on internet says Rey is terrible.

Rey must be terrible. Film must be terrible.
    I said film was meh.
    And you have possibly the weakest argument ive ever come across
    How about you add a little more instead of just a pathetic superfan type comment
    Sorry. What would be the point? I’m not into ‘arguing’ with clearly insecure thread tourists.

Youve made 3 nothing posts, i dont bite on your tourist nonsense either buddy
    I think your a clueless super fan who cant see whats infront of your face
    Its hilarious :pac:
    Whats funnier is you actually cant deny anything said, just spout more nonsense

Take it to pm, guys.

/mod

Only noticing now. The Interior of kylos cockpit...exactly the same sound as the falcons engines. That’s cool. *cue fan service rants

Hilarious :) you haven’t actually made any points worth responding to though apart from lame attempts to bait me. On ye go son :)

Bait you, i had nothing to do with you. You were the one who replied to me with a non comment. Its funny how you dont see its yourself looking for a fight. Its not my fault you think a average movie is good and a bad actor is well even passable is to much for me.
    Continue being a keyboard warrior buddy, the movie isnt good and Rey is just bad like very bad

• Advertisement

This is brilliant. How that fight should have gone down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Only noticing now. The Interior of kylos cockpit...exactly the same sound as the falcons engines. That’s cool. *cue fan service rants

Oh just stop. Please, for the love of god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So the film is still a matter of opinion yeah guys ??

And ONLY A FOOKING FILM like !!! ?

Merry Christmas fellow fans !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Here's my opinion.

It's pure bilge and perhaps an even bigger stain on the franchise than the prequels.

If you disagree, fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

Man on internet says Rey is terrible.

Rey must be terrible. Film must be terrible.

Ignore him. He resorts to crap like this when his Jedi mind tricks fail to convince anyone to agree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I know this question was raised here and elsewhere but short of going to see the film again can anyone tell me how the empire found out about the cloaked escape transports? DJ told them how did he find out?

I know this question was raised here and elsewhere but short of going to see the film again can anyone tell me how the empire found out about the cloaked escape transports? DJ told them how did he find out?

He overheard Finn being told by Poe I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Watching Rogue One now. It's a very good film.

I would left The Last Jedi half way through only for the fact I was with someone.

Where are all these good reviews coming from ?

ebbsy wrote: »

I would left The Last Jedi half way through only for the fact I was with someone.

A lot of it is people in total denial. The same happened with Episode 1. Fans who were heavily invested in the film defended it to the bitter end because they couldn't just bring themselves to admit it was terrible. Eventually they came around when it dawned on them that there was no saving the prequels. The same will happen with this trilogy.

There will still be a few stalwarts that will never see the light despite an abundance of evidence that is fails to deliver on multiple fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

Well I loved it. Whets the appetite for episode IX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ebbsy wrote: »

People who like it I know amazing right
    A lot of it is people in total denial. The same happened with Episode 1. Fans who were heavily invested in the film defended it to the bitter end because they couldn't just bring themselves to admit it was terrible. Eventually they came around when it dawned on them that there was no saving the prequels. The same will happen with this trilogy.

There will still be a few stalwarts that will never see the light despite an abundance of evidence that is fails to deliver on multiple fronts.

Or they do actually like it and not denial. People have different opinions. Earlier on this thread someone asked why people were trying so hard to make people like it but to me it's people who "hate" the film are working hard to change people. Why are you so bothered they do

Incredibly patronising post and also wrong. People have different opinions on this stuff. Definitely seems to be more people here arguing to convince people it’s crap than otherwise. Which is really bizarre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

People may like/dislike different films than you do, folks.

I for one am increasingly of the opinion that this may be my favourite Star Wars - the richest, best directed, and most self-aware entry in the series that pushes it in directions I for one found fascinating and admirable. Like maybe that will change when I revisit it in a year or two, but it only impressed me more on a second watch (and that's after having read all the criticisms) so I'm generally optimistic it'll have staying power for me.

But y'know what: If you hate it, you hate it, that's all good! No need to condescend whatever side of the divide or the various shades in the middle :)

People may like/dislike different films than you do, folks.

I for one am increasingly of the opinion that this may be my favourite Star Wars - the richest, best directed, and most self-aware entry in the series that pushes it in directions I for one found fascinating and admirable. Like maybe that will change when I revisit it in a year or two, but it only impressed me more on a second watch (and that's after having read all the criticisms) so I'm generally optimistic it'll have staying power for me.

But y'know what: If you hate it, you hate it, that's all good! No need to condescend whatever side of the divide or the various shades in the middle :)

I think it’s going to be viewed as one of the best when the dust settles and a bit of distance to review without the cloud of manufactured hate in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think it’s going to be viewed as one of the best when the dust settles and a bit of distance to review without the cloud of manufactured hate in the way.

I think it will end up the complete opposite, as the dust settles people will see the film is deeply flawed and many youtube videos will point this out. It is bad film making with poorly developed characters, bad editing and poor story telling. It is more like a ride at Disney park, a good time, sure but ultimately a hallow experience, anyone who knows anything about film will see the holes.

I don't mind if people love it.

I learned my lesson after the prequels. No matter how much evidence you present of poor writing, acting, editing etc some fans will still love it

Good for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone who knows anything about film will see the holes.

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Every one to their own.

It's just I came out of the cinema after the previous 2 very happy, and I was shocked with what they did with the last Jedi.

I thought Mark Hamill phoned it in, but then again the script didn't do him any favours either.

*sigh* And we all wonder why it's impossible to have a discussion on the Internet?

Well what's stopping you from replying?

• Advertisement

Well what's stopping you from replying?

Well, I've spent several hundred words in this thread honestly explaining why I liked the film, giving lots of attention to what I admired about the filmmaking and scripting. But I'm not sure repeating myself will be beneficial when somebody claims I know nothing about film. Prefer to come from a position of mutual respect when debating the merits/demerits of a film. Naive, I know ;)

Advertisement