Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

FVCKING AWESOME TITLE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Great title, works for me :)

And remember: Jedi is both singular and plural so...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Red title card = trouble ahoy. Kylo Ren going to punish some folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Pushed back to December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

domrush wrote: »
    Pushed back to December

It was always being released in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Lads, how do I edit the title of the thread, I can´t see an edit option.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

domrush wrote: »
    Pushed back to December

Pushed back long ago. Disney want Star Wars to be as synonymous with December as mince pies, gluttony and faux-emotive corporate advertisements are.

As said it was always December.

Episode 9 is rumoured to be a may release date but let's see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Excitement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

This probably means that Luke is brown bread in this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,206 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

david75 wrote: »
    As said it was always December.

Episode 9 is rumoured to be a may release date but let's see

Id say that will be December 2019 as the shooting for it is being delayed by a year due to them having to do rewrites no doubt and retooling due to the late Carrie Fisher,s death last year. So it will still be out in 2019 probably just not in May. She was going to be in too but as we all know that ain,t going to happen now so it will be very interesting to see how VIII ends and how IX starts.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Id say that will be December 2019 as the shooting for it is being delayed by a year due to them having to do rewrites no doubt and retooling due to the late Carrie Fisher,s death last year. So it will still be out in 2019 probably just not in May. She was going to be in too but as we all know that ain,t going to happen now so it will be very interesting to see how VIII ends and how IX starts.

they aren't rewriting anything. Episode 9 hasn't even been written yet. They only had their first meeting about it last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

edit - sorry, fan made ****e ... I came into work today and a colleague was all excited telling me there was a trailer .... hmmmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

edit - sorry, fan made ****e ... I came into work today and a colleague was all excited telling me there was a trailer .... hmmmm..

Lol...Spock is in it.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lol...Spock is in it.

I apologise you had to witness it ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Tony EH wrote:
    This probably means that Luke is brown bread in this one.

Wouldn't think so. The last to be trained as a Jedi I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm hoping it just mean Jedi in the plural sense

Would be awesome to see the trilogy end with "THE Return of the Jedi" and see more force strong individuals return to the ranks to defend the galaxy

I'm hoping it just mean Jedi in the plural sense

Would be awesome to see the trilogy end with "THE Return of the Jedi" and see more force strong individuals return to the ranks to defend the galaxy

That would be great actually !

Would never happen though, people would just whine too much about the similar name to Ep VI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

That would be great actually !

Would never happen though, people would just whine too much about the similar name to Ep VI

Ah i know, but it's the premise i was more alluding to! Would be great to see more Jedi. I love this universe and future spinoffs won't be the same if there's not even a little Jedi magic in there. Even if they are not the focal points I always loved the idea of the council and the master/padawan setup!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Luke is described as the "the last Jedi" in the TFA opening crawl, so it refers to Luke whatever way you look at it. It doesn't necessarily mean Luke dies, unless by the end of the end of the film Luke is gone and the last Jedi is someone else, or it takes on a plural meaning but I think l that's unlikely.

I kinda think it should be called The Last of the Jedi. The Last Jedi doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I kinda think it should be called The Last of the Jedi.

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Luke is described as the "the last Jedi" in the TFA opening crawl, so it refers to Luke whatever way you look at it. It doesn't necessarily mean Luke dies, unless by the end of the end of the film Luke is gone and the last Jedi is someone else...

That's what I mean.

Luke dies and Rey is...ahem..."the last Jedi".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That doesn´t fill me with confidence on how Star Wars Rebels is going to end...

Hopefully Jedi is plural...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I apologise you had to witness it ... :D

It'd be pretty funny to see Spock show up.

Imagine the rustled jimmies.

Last of the Jedi is too on the nose cos it's what Yoda says to Luke in ROTJ

'When gone am I the last of the Jedi will you be'

As it is it's meant to be vague. Plural or singular and implying peril as the middle act is always where the bad stuff happens.

I think it's a great title. Was expecting something really weird cos it was Johnson but it last far better than any title I'd seen rumoured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Maybe episode 9 can be the real Revenge of the Jedi.

:D .. I like the title , 2/3 of the new trilogy and they have been good names, the names of the prequel trilogy were pretty poor tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

:D .. I like the title , 2/3 of the new trilogy and they have been good names, the names of the prequel trilogy were pretty poor tbh.

What you talking about? :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement