Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I was just wondering where ol' Tony was. Looks like he got a weeks siteban and is now on probation for 3 months :/

Seemed to me there was a constant battle between the dark and light side of the force in here, represented by Tony EH and david75 respectively.

No way did he??? Sh!t didn’t know that. There was some really heated words a while back in a thread about the prequels but I wasn’t really that involved. Was it that I wonder?
    I love Tony and his takes on Star Wars. We’d sometimes be at loggerheads since TFA without ever being mean or nasty to each other.

That sucks didn’t know that.

So you're telling me Rey beats the crap out of Luke Skywalker less than a week after learning the Force is a real thing?

She didn’t though? He’s closed himself off from the force and it’s not like she’s ever gonna try hurt him. She’s just frustrated he’s being so dismissive of her.
    Have to watch it again with your point in mind. I didn’t read it like that. That scene is odd now that you mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can’t believe people are defending this film it crapped all over the Star Wars legend, some of my issues below I’m sure they have been mentioned already but worth repeating!
    1) The stupid jokes,examples the Luke brushing off his shoulder after all the cannons firing at him. The stupid General Hux on hold/ telephone style conversation near the beginning
    2) As mentioned before the destruction of a legend Luke Skywalker, this is the same Jedi who found a speck of light in Darth Vader and to say he couldn’t manage Ben Solo and was going to murder him a joke.
    3) Princess Leia suddenly being able to go full Superman in space and fly to a air lock?
    4) Also Leia opening the airlock and no one getting sucked out into space and the gravity issue when dropping the bombs at the beginning there is no gravity in space!
    5) Why didn’t that idiot Holdo tell Poe and Finn about her plan instead of letting Finn and Rose go out to find the hacker and causing more deaths, she should be tried for treason!
    6) Yoda and his stupid jokes about the Jedi scripture not being a page turner!
    7) weaponizing hyperspace that craps all over the other movies why didn’t they just do that in episode 4 and destroy the Death Star!
    8) They did nothing with Chewie just one light relief scene with him eating a Porg! Actually had issues with how The force awakens threatens him as well after Ham dies Liah goes to stupid Rey rather then consoling poor Chewibacca!
    9). The whole gambling planet was a rubbish sub plot and I care not for the little Urchins.
    10 we are expected to believe that Snokes couldn’t see what Kylo Ren was going to do? Waste of a good character.

I could give go on but I won’t, maybe JJ Abrams can write this movie off as a Finn feverish coma dream!

Can’t believe people are defending this film it crapped all over the Star Wars legend, some of my issues below I’m sure they have been mentioned already but worth repeating!
    1) The stupid jokes,examples the Luke brushing off his shoulder after all the cannons firing at him. The stupid General Hux on hold/ telephone style conversation near the beginning
    2) As mentioned before the destruction of a legend Luke Skywalker, this is the same Jedi who found a speck of light in Darth Vader and to say he couldn’t manage Ben Solo and was going to murder him a joke.
    3) Princess Leia suddenly being able to go full Superman in space and fly to a air lock?
    4) Also Leia opening the airlock and no one getting sucked out into space and the gravity issue when dropping the bombs at the beginning there is no gravity in space!
    5) Why didn’t that idiot Holdo tell Poe and Finn about her plan instead of letting Finn and Rose go out to find the hacker and causing more deaths, she should be tried for treason!
    7) weaponizing hyperspace that craps all over the other movies why didn’t they just do that in episode 4 and destroy the Death Star!
    8) They did nothing with Chewie just one light relief scene with him eating a Porg! Actually had issues with how The force awakens threatens him as well after Ham dies Liah goes to stupid Rey rather then consoling poor Chewibacca!
    9). The whole gambling planet was a rubbish sub plot and I care not for the little Urchins.
    10 we are expected to believe that Snokes couldn’t see what Kylo Ren was going to do? Waste of a good character.

I could give go on but I won’t, maybe JJ Abrams can write this movie off as a Finn feverish coma dream!

OMG that’s exactly something he’d do too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Why build a Death Star in the first place?! Just start flying Tie Fighters into planets at the speed of light.

Also you can add BB8 suddenly being a superhero to your list.

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    OMG that’s exactly something he’d do too!

To be honest, i'd take a Bobby Ewing shower scene at this stage and call it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No way did he??? Sh!t didn’t know that. There was some really heated words a while back in a thread about the prequels but I wasn’t really that involved. Was it that I wonder?
    I love Tony and his takes on Star Wars. We’d sometimes be at loggerheads since TFA without ever being mean or nasty to each other.

Looking at the Prison thread, seems he posted a fairly famous gif of a summary execution of of a vietcong guy from the Tet offensive = ban.

Why build a Death Star in the first place?! Just start flying Tie Fighters into planets at the speed of light.

Forgot to say earlier, TIEs don’t have shields that’s why they have to stay close range. They also don’t have hyperspace capability.

Looking at the Prison thread, seems he posted a fairly famous gif of a summary execution of of a vietcong guy from the Tet offensive = ban.

I just got a 3 month probation period too after a few warnings in the repeal the 8th threads so I guess he must have been controversial a few times to get the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Also something somebody spotted and I think Johnson confirmed, its the first Star Wars movie that happens in real time. So everything is happening concurrently whereas in the OT or even TFA, it takes 3 weeks for Rey and chewie to get to Ahch to / Luke’s actually on dagobah for a month / the falcon travels at the speed of plot etc but we see all that stuff cut out so that also adds to the inertia you’re feeling in TLJ

Real Time? The Rey and Luke story can't be real time? They go to sleep and wake up a few times don't they?

• Advertisement

Forgot to say earlier, TIEs don’t have shields that’s why they have to stay close range. They also don’t have hyperspace capability.

Ok a series of smaller hyperspace capable crafts then.

Surely a handier & more cost effective solution than spending a couple of decades building a few Death Stars?

Real Time? The Rey and Luke story can't be real time? They go to sleep and wake up a few times don't they?

Yeah but I meant there’s no huge time jumps as in the ot (even though we don’t see them) se just see the next thing.

The whole film happens over three or four days I think? Not sure

Ok a series of smaller hyperspace capable crafts then.

Surely a handier & more cost effective solution than spending a couple of decades building a few Death Stars?

Why would the empire build ships to kill their own Death Star?
    That said you see the super star destroyer crash into the Death Star in ROTJ and it causes minimal damage overall

Why would the empire build ships to kill their own Death Star?

Not to kill their own Death Star, to use the ability to destroy a planet to instill fear and keep the local systems in line.

Not to kill their own Death Star, to use the ability to destroy a planet to instill fear and keep the local systems in line.

Ah right. Well their whole thing is to effectively mine and rape planets for their resources. If you mean to destroy the rebellion they can’t cos the rebellion is organised cells spread out throughout the galaxy. Rarely with a central base.
    Yavin and both in ANH and empire just shows how quickly and relatively easily the rebellion gets away when the empire does find them.

Not saw gerrara though. That limpy prick was always gonna die :)

On the first order, Snokes ship, the supremacy? It’s 60km long and it’s basically a massive self sufficient factory. Literally a military industrial complex. Snoke didn’t want to establish a central govt until they had the resistance quashed seeing what happened to the empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah but I meant there’s no huge time jumps as in the ot (even though we don’t see them) se just see the next thing.

The whole film happens over three or four days I think? Not sure

Ah right. I'd take real time to mean everything happens in the 2/3 hour time the film runs.

Just no "6 months later" jumps. More linear maybe but I don't think that's the correct way to describe it either.

Did anyone else notice the door wasn’t jammed in rogue one and Vader was holding it closed the whole time??
    Jesus

‘Then I saw. Ben. My nephew. With that mighty Skywalker blood. In my hubris I thought I could train him I thought I could pass on my strengths. Han...was Han about it but Leia...trusted me with her son..I took him..and a dozen students and began a training temple...by the time I realised I was no match for the darkness rising in Ben, it was too late l’

There it is

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I was just wondering where ol' Tony was. Looks like he got a weeks siteban and is now on probation for 3 months :/

Seemed to me there was a constant battle between the dark and light side of the force in here, represented by Tony EH and david75 respectively.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Everyone knows David and Tony are the same person. It's the big twist that'll happen at the end of Boards.ie''s latest season.

Tony EH wrote: »
    giphy.gif

There he his! It was like I was missing an arm! Welcome back Tony!

pixelburp wrote: »
    Everyone knows David and Tony are the same person. It's the big twist that'll happen at the end of Boards.ie''s latest season.

Spoiler that sh!t! Lol

It’s your Boy Kylo Ren’s take on “The Last Jedi”:D

Brilliant :) he sounds exactly like him :)

And we have the Honest trailer guys giving their take on it and capturing the devisiveness of the movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That's excellent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Did anyone else notice the door wasn’t jammed in rogue one and Vader was holding it closed the whole time??
    Jesus

How do they get it opened?

Deadly:)
    Its kicking everyone in the balls no matter where they are. Funny and fair.

• Advertisement

Peatys wrote: »
    How do they get it opened?

He’s holding it closed Then he gets all kill horny and distracted slaughtering everyone and one of them slips it through.

Advertisement