Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

And we have the Honest trailer guys giving their take on it and capturing the devisiveness of the movie :D

It's just like reading this thread! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Balance :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Star Wars YouTube account just posted this. It’s probably the best most unexpected deadly fight in all Star Wars. (Apart from I am yo fadda). But the build up to it is even better then the conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

David's turn for a ban this time. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Haha. He's bringing balance to the force.

Shıtty though, as he mentioned he was on probation, so could be banned for 3 or 6 months unless he can resolve it.

I dont see anything in the Prison forum from him to dispute it.

Tony EH wrote: »

"Was this a war crime?"
    ..."A Star War crime".

Oh, how I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

J Mysterio wrote: »

Shıtty though, as he mentioned he was on probation, so could be banned for 3 or 6 months unless he can resolve it.

Jaysus. It will kill him if he can't post about Solo when that thread explodes into life in May. #NotMySolo :D

I also suspect this thread will soon die without David around. Hopefully he can resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Counter argument to those who complain they changed Luke's character. I'd argue TLJ was entirely consistent with its portrayal of Luke.

Star Wars - almost killed by Darth Vader at Death Star battle until Solo bails him out.

Empire Strikes Back - almost killed by Vader in Cloud City until Leia's bails himself out. (Not forgetting, he tried to kill himself after Vader's big reveal - he only survived the fall by accident) Also, makes a mess of his Training on Dagobah and causes more damage, despite the pleadings of Yoda and Obi Wan.

Return of the Jedi - almost kills Vader, which would have brought him to the Dark Side. Also, tried to kill the Emperor earlier, which would have brought him to the Dark Side, but blocked by Vader.

The Last Jedi - Luke makes another mess of things with Kylo, but finally redeems himself thanks to Rey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

He posted there pleading his case, Mod said no to him can we plead with the Mods just to allow him post on the Star Wars threads? #FreeDavid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Wedwood wrote: »

]

Empire Strikes Back - almost killed by Vader in Cloud City until Leia's bails himself out. (Not forgetting, he tried to kill himself after Vader's big reveal - he only survived the fall by accident) Also, makes a mess of his Training on Dagobah and causes more damage, despite the pleadings of Yoda and Obi Wan.

Leaves Dagobah because his friends are in danger. Also wasn't a suicide attempt in my opinion, hence him clinging on for dear life and contacting Leia.
    Return of the Jedi - almost kills Vader, which would have brought him to the Dark Side. Also, tried to kill the Emperor earlier, which would have brought him to the Dark Side, but blocked by Vader.

Only fights Vadar when he threatens Leia, and the Emperor when he threatens his friends with annihilation.
    The Last Jedi - .

Sits on his hole feeling sorry for himself while Kylo(a problem of his making) hunts down and kills Han Solo and leads the attack that would have killed Leia but for her Poppins moment.

And that post more or less sums up the divisive nature of the movie !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

He posted there pleading his case, Mod said no to him can we plead with the Mods just to allow him post on the Star Wars threads? #FreeDavid

What's this prison forum?
    I clearly don't know alot about this site..

I see rumours circulating about Meryl Streep possibly playing Leia in Episode 9.

You could see that working rather than an ackward off screen exit for the character, or CGI.

I'm in for that one.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Jaysus. It will kill him if he can't post about Solo when that thread explodes into life in May. #NotMySolo :D

I also suspect this thread will soon die without David around. Hopefully he can resolve the issue.

A lot of good posters who are regulars in certain forums get drawn into short lived drama threads elsewhere and then get the wrong attention. You have to be careful!

What's this prison forum?
    I clearly don't know alot about this site..

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057856979/1/#post106574725

#freedavid75

I see rumours circulating about Meryl Streep possibly playing Leia in Episode 9.

You could see that working rather than an ackward off screen exit for the character, or CGI.

I'm in for that one.

Holy crap no. If Meryl friggin Streep plays Leia, Star Wars is dead to me. If anyone plays Leia, it's dead to me to be fair. I can't see anyone doing it. She'll have to be excused from IX in the opening crawl.

No David75 for a while!? :eek:

can we plead with the Mods just to allow him post on the Star Wars threads? #FreeDavid

While I encourage this, I'm not the best spokesperson, having just narrowly avoided a 3 month ban myself.

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    No David75 for a while!? :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

#freedavid75(let him at least post on this thread, even though he's wrong about everything!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

While I encourage this, I'm not the best spokesperson, having just narrowly avoided a 3 month ban myself.

Lol I’ve had a couple of holidays myself and was thinking of posting in support of him and ask them Just to ban him from After Hours or wherever sub forum he has been banned from but I don’t fancy angering The First Order Mods :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 ForceGhost

David will always be with you

(Faster and more intense)

MTFBY ALWAYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I agree, #freedavid75!

(Faster and more intense)

had to google that one :)
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Quote_of_the_Day/Archive/George_Lucas
    "I manage 'action' and 'cut' and 'faster' and 'more intense,' and then, uh, mostly I sit there looking miserable and quiet."
    ―George Lucas, describing his directing technique in documentary The Beginning: Making Episode I

Someone has a youtube video up "to pay homage to that idea by stringing together as many action sequences from the 7 films"

Holy crap no. If Meryl friggin Streep plays Leia, Star Wars is dead to me. If anyone plays Leia, it's dead to me to be fair. I can't see anyone doing it. She'll have to be excused from IX in the opening crawl.

Yeh, I'm with there. Having La Streep as Leia sounds like an awful idea. A great actress, no doubt, but no.

Opening crawl death or nothing for me.

I know Diz have to explore ideas, but it makes you wonder if they have a clue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

After the last jedi being ****e (my opinion) I don't exactly have high hopes for the next star wars. But the idea of streep being leia would just be utterly sad and pathetic.
    Just explain how leia died in the opening crawl. No need to over complicate things. Everyone knows Carrie Fisher passed on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given everyone was quiet insistent that Fisher wouldn't be recreated using CGI, I'd say that'd go double for recasting Leia. I'm actually more surprised people would even take a rumour like that seriously, given how obvious it'd be to everyone how much bad will it would generate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

David75 is gone!!?? Cue the celebrations at the end of Jedi!! Delighted. Think I’ll crack open an early Easter egg

Advertisement