Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

For those who have watched the trailer is there a major spoiler in it like Johnson said?

Yes or no answer will do :)

I don't know.

I couldn't see an outright spoiler. It just looked like a trailer... with scenes and characters and stuff but nothing seemed like the doomsday reveal in Batman V Superman.

You can safely live without the trailer and know that the film is on track though... if that helps. Not long to wait at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,791 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Slydice wrote: »
    I don't know.

I couldn't see an outright spoiler. It just looked like a trailer... with scenes and characters and stuff but nothing seemed like the doomsday reveal in Batman V Superman.

You can safely live without the trailer and know that the film is on track though... if that helps. Not long to wait at this point.

Cheers I think I will do without it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Cheers I think I will do without it.

There's no spoilers. There's nothing but misdirection in it. Watch it. You'll be glad you did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

McDermotX wrote: »
    Just to echo this...

Vue is a disgrace these days. If you have to, and want a largish screen, then Screen 3 may be the best 2D option there, but even that's not perfect.
    Screen 1, as well as shoehorning 2D into a 3D lens setup, has a number of busted speaker drivers leading to any audio extravaganza turning into a frustrating experience.

Of course, Vue say they have no issues, and regularly check their AV systems - obviously while they're off, because I can't recall the last time I saw a member of staff in a screen beyond the initial adverts. Been going on for a few year now......Blade Runner the latest victim.

Yeah they were telling me the same thing when I complained about the underlit projection and banjaxed speakers during the first screening of TDKR 5 years ago. The film looked horrendous. Since then I have been studiously avoiding the worst screens with some success but have noticed even the 2D screens are underlit now. Some serious cost-cutting going on there. It's shame because the they used to be really good and I frequently recommended them here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tony stark wrote: »
    Say goodbye to the last decent screen in Dublin.

Even though a potential split is only speculation at this point, I'd say the Lighthouse is easily a superior cinema to screen one in the Savoy anyway. Far more comfortable and extremely reliable when it comes to quality of projection. That's across all their screens - even the small ones are of pretty high standard.

A really big screen is nice, sure, but Savoy one has long since lost its shine IMO. Especially since they ruined the theatre's look & feel with their aggressive neon branding logos all over the place anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Even though a potential split is only speculation at this point, I'd say the Lighthouse is easily a superior cinema to screen one in the Savoy anyway. Far more comfortable and extremely reliable when it comes to quality of projection. That's across all their screens - even the small ones are of pretty high standard.

A really big screen is nice, sure, but Savoy one has long since lost its shine IMO. Especially since they ruined the theatre's look & feel with their aggressive neon branding logos all over the place anyway :)

Agreed. Lighthouse is the best cinema in Ireland, screen size be damned. I just wish I lived a bit closer to it and they offered more early morning screenings.

I live 1 minute walk away from lighthouse and I'm ashamed I don't go more. It's a brilliant spot. Saw force awakens there about 8 times and rogue one about 5 times though. When it's Star Wars and it's on my doorstep I go as often as possible. As I will for the last Jedi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭tony stark

Yeah true the savoys been slightly ruined with the neon signs but i loved how screen one was left old school. God knows what they'll do with it now. I was only speculating the split screen but had heard it was on the cards after screen 2s split. Pure speculation on my part though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,448 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

...and in the Lighthouse, you can enjoy a beer while you watch the film. :D

Ten beers are better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

david75 wrote: »
    Ten beers are better.

So you watched Force Awakens through beer goggles ?

This explains so much :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭OU812

Just rewatched the trailer (for the ninth time), I think Rey is going to go to the dark side & it’ll be Ben (Kylo) who’ll stop her by coming to the light side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given Rey's prominence in the merchandising, and how generally popular she appears to be, I'd honestly be astounded if they turned her to the Dark Side. It'd be like a Toy Story 4, or Big Hero 6 sequel, where Woody / Baymax becomes the franchise bad guy; Disney just aren't going to kill that particular goose. I'm sure she'll be tempted, possibly during some revelation about her parents perhaps, but nope, I sincerely doubt they'll take that path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Luke being surprised / shocked / whatever you call it at Rey's powers is a bit weird. Thought given the fact he is the last jedi he would be the most powerful at that point that no power would shock him.

Better not be making him weaker.

Luke being surprised / shocked / whatever you call it at Rey's powers is a bit weird. Thought given the fact he is the last jedi he would be the most powerful at that point that no power would shock him.

I think if Luke was really that powerful he wouldn't be hiding away on some secluded planet while Snoke and his former apprentice terrorised the galaxy and killed his friends. Lets face it, Luke is only the last Jedi because all the others are dead and because he screwed up with Kylo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

He could be referring to Snoke. The last and most powerful Sith/Darkside user he encountered was Palpatine, but maybe Snoke is so much more powerful in comparison?

The doubters will love this one. 'The last Star Wars story to be told'

Falthyron wrote: »
    He could be referring to Snoke. The last and most powerful Sith/Darkside user he encountered was Palpatine, but maybe Snoke is so much more powerful in comparison?

Was thinking it could be Snoke too. Leia and Han seemed to know him so safe to assume Luke did too. Perhaps he was involved in Luke's academy. Either as a student or teacher?

Raw power says to me someone untrained and really strong in the force. Palpatine/Vader don't fit that category. They had mastery over their abilities.
    Anyone's guess who he means though. Trailer is pure misdirect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I think if Luke was really that powerful he wouldn't be hiding away on some secluded planet while Snoke and his former apprentice terrorised the galaxy and killed his friends. Lets face it, Luke is only the last Jedi because all the others are dead and because he screwed up with Kylo.

Yoda did exactly what Luke has done and he was the strongest Jedi of all. Whatever it is , it’s not necessarily about his power or ability.

Rian has said Luke isn't hiding there. He has a purpose there.
    There is a lot of stuff in star wars Rebels where Jedi temples can only be accessed by a master and a padawan together. One can't get in without the other. So it could be he's been waiting for Rey to get in. (why else leave a copy of the map to his location?) but it's as likely they don't go that way with him. But he does have a purpose there it seems. Can't think what it might be.

• Advertisement

Some huge spoiler out there today from toys dialogue (the action figures 'talk' when you put them on a 'force link' wristband) which gives away a really important story point so avoid twitter and anything from making Star Wars.
    Really bummed. I wish I hadn't clicked on it.

Why don't you post the big spoiler. Go ahead.

It's not even the biggest one in fairness :) stuff out there that gives away a huge part of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Some huge spoiler out there today from toys dialogue (the action figures 'talk' when you put them on a 'force link' wristband) which gives away a really important story point so avoid twitter and anything from making Star Wars.
    Really bummed. I wish I hadn't clicked on it.

I gather it's something not shown or suggested from trailers so far?

... Maybe it is time to bow out of things me thinks.

I gather it's something not shown or suggested from trailers so far?

... Maybe it is time to bow out of things me thinks.

It's not in the trailers tho the one posted just above has one line of it.
    It was dialogue from the film from luke Rey and Snoke and kylo that ruins / gives away far too much. The action figures can talk if you have a force link wristband accessory. It's on makingstarwars.net if you wanna hear it. I'm not posting it here. Not worth the **** storm plus it really does give away some huge stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Why don't you post the big spoiler. Go ahead.

Its a tv trailer

Not on Irish tv it's not.

There were posts just on the last page asking us to put even speculation in spoiler tags. I'd put spoiler tags on your post if I were you. That is a reveal even in the headline of the tweet. Many won't want to see it I reckon. Up to you.

Director motif. Father abandonment. Finding family. Searching for the unknown and enduring personal struggles. References to all the chaos around that persons life but then deep cuts intro the past.

Why isn't speilberg directing episode 9?

New behind the scenes video. Doesn’t give anything away. Man I love Rian Johnson.

• Advertisement

The Last Jedi director teases Carrie Fisher’s final scenes in Star Wars: “Emotional, intense, joyful”
    Star Wars: Episode VIII director Rian Johnson has opened up about General Organa's departure

Star Wars director Rian Johnson has teased Carrie Fisher’s “beautiful and complete” final scenes in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

In an interview with USA Today, the director remained tight-lipped about specific details but assured fans that the actress – who tragically passed away last year shortly after completing her work on the film – would receive a fitting farewell.

“I felt very strongly that we don’t try to change her performance,” he said, adding that it will be “really sad, but really joyful”.

Having these scenes in the film recontextualise tragically with her not being here anymore, it’s incredibly emotional,” he said.

“For the next few months, seeing the fans … process the loss and celebrate her as Leia one last time, it’s going to be intense. I think it’s going to be really sad but really joyful, I hope. She really kicks [butt] as General Leia, and I’m happy for that.”

The director also spoke on Leia’s relationship with Poe Dameron, confirming that she sees him as the future of the Resistance.

“She definitely saw that potential in him and in The Last Jedi, we dig into that more. We’ve seen how heroic he is and now we’re going to see him challenged in terms of stepping up to the next level. It takes more than heroics to be a leader, or so I’m told.”

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-10- ... ie-fisher/

Advertisement