Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

david75 wrote: »
    All the big Star Wars rumour sites published it.

Best April Fools of the year so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

To coincide with the scene on the skelligs,the limestone plateau of the Burren will be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

All the big Star Wars rumour sites published it.

https://twitter.com/englishmarket/status/716975547339968512

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone remember when April Fools jokes were funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Anyone remember when April Fools jokes were funny?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No need for that at all David, keep it civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

He liked my tweet about the spoiler :) eek!!

52DF2E9D-FB1D-4941-8A76-46FFDE778E48.png

eh, so what was the spoiler? :confused:

• Advertisement

Ridley already knows who Rey’s parents are — and she doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal. “I think the amazing thing about [Episode VII] is that Finn and Rey don’t come from anywhere, and they find a place,” Ridley, who’s currently filming Rian Johnson’s Star Wars: Episode VIII, said. “So to me, it’s funny that people think it’s so important because I don’t really think it is.”
    when asked about Rey’s future as a Jedi, she gave this very intriguing response: “I don’t know if I am a Jedi… I don’t think I am.”

Source

Some set pics from Ceann Sibéal ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

py2006 wrote: »

Those photos could do with a few more watermarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Roar wrote: »
    Those photos could do with a few more watermarks.

riddled with pox was my first reaction:eek::D

Yea its a big dicrickulous alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,208 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Rumours that some of Episode VIII is going to be shot in the English market in Cork in the news today

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

AMKC wrote: »
    Rumours that some of Episode VIII is going to be shot in the English market in Cork in the news today

That was an April fools story a few weeks ago that somehow made it's way into real news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭xper

py2006 wrote: »
    Those'll be the two-storey deluxe monastic cells then.

While I appreciate that filming on a remote rocky island is very difficult and there is no historical accuracy requirement, they may be in danger of loosing the magic of the Skellig location.

Not really a spoiler as such but just in case:
    Well, JJ Abrams was asked about Rey's parents at a Tribeca event with Chris Rock and his response is very interesting. He says that Rey's parents (plural, so don't go thinking she's a new midichlorian baby or something) are not in Episode 7.

So not a Skywalker OR a Solo?

Interesting..

Edit: Actually JJ later clarified his comment with:
    The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Slightly OT, but I have what feels like a really stupid question regarding digital downloads.

I want to buy The Force Awakens in a high quality format but I don't have a blu-ray player - just DVD. I will watch this film 100 times over the course of my life, so don't want to just rent it.

Can I purchase TFA (or any other film, for that matter) as a MP4 file or something and put it on a disk/memory stick that my TV can play from? I haven't done this before and iTunes seem to require you to watch it on an iPad or Apple TV (which I don't have). Amazon seem to want to cloud host it - which isn't equivalent to me owning it on a disk.

I know I'm missing something, but I don't know what.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any of these digital formats have DRM so you'll need a compatible device to play them. You can't just put the file on a memory stick and play it anywhere.

I'd suggest getting a Blu-Ray player and buying it on disc if you really want to own the film in the best quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

Any of these digital formats have DRM so you'll need a compatible device to play them. You can't just put the file on a memory stick and play it anywhere.

Thanks.

I put my download on a USB key and it works fine in the USB slot on my tv but it's only about 3gig whereas bluray quality is probably about 15?

Poe said we're going to see an intimacy we've never seen before in Star Wars.

And NOBODY thought to make a Poe&Finn gay joke?

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2016/04/oscar-isaac-says-episode-viii-feels.html?m=1

You're slipping guys

Let's be honest. Nobody in Star Wars at any point was hot.

That's all about to change. At last.

Tom Hardy rumoured to cameo in Star Wars: Episode VIII e1.ie/3i3e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Let's be honest. Nobody in Star Wars at any point was hot.

I'd crawl through a sarlacc pit carrying jar jar on my back to get close to Natalie Portman :)

Hot? Nah. I mean Rey is adorable and some day might be hot.

She'll be hotter than Padme tho no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Greys0n

i disappointed in this star wars

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Greys0n wrote: »
    i disappointed in this star wars

Impressive, seeing as it's not out yet. Go on, tell the storyline.

• Advertisement

This story won't go away. I'm beginning to believe aspects of it.

A redditor claims to have seen the script for 8 and gives a breakdown.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/21/rumoured-leaked-script-reveals-star-wars-episode-viii-plot-rey-force?CMP=twt_a-film_b-gdnfilm

Advertisement