Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I don’t know if this is fan made or not but it has new dialogue from Luke and dialogue and shots of Rey I don’t remember seeing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

david75 wrote: »
    I don’t know if this is fan made or not but it has new dialogue from Luke and dialogue and shots of Rey I don’t remember seeing ?

That's gotta be fan made. The audio from the dialogue is so badly inserted, is high and low, tinny at times. Where they got any additional lines of dialogue from... toys?

That's gotta be fan made. The audio from the dialogue is so badly inserted, is high and low, tinny at times. Where they got any additional lines of dialogue from... toys?

Must be from the toys dialogue. Good catch id forgotten about that. Kind of a huge spoiler given it looks like Luke’s first line is revealed possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

No. Deadly serious. It’s a funny story but the premise is the events we know from Star Wars but told from different characters and background caracters points of view. Some of the stories are brilliant. Particularly the Yoda and obi wan stories. Others are really weird.
    Like the gunner who didn’t shoot down the escape pod r2 and 3PO are on getting his mate in administration to cover up for him so he doesn’t get choked by Vader cos they escaped.

I'm a few stories into this book and I'm not feeling much love for it yet. They seem to think that we need to read about every single character who was in every single frame.

I'm presuming these stories are all canon now? That being the case why do we need to know that R4-D4's bad motivator wasn't just a quirk of fate but it was actually the droid's decision to purposely blow a fuse after R2-D2 had a quiet word in his ear? Next they'll be telling us a story from the viewpoint of the rock that R2 was hiding behind when the Jawas found him!

The old Tales from the Mos Eisley cantina/Jabba's palace books did it better I think.

I'm a few stories into this book and I'm not feeling much love for it yet. They seem to think that we need to read about every single character who was in every single frame.

I'm presuming these stories are all canon now? That being the case why do we need to know that R4-D4's bad motivator wasn't just a quirk of fate but it was actually the droid's decision to purposely blow a fuse after R2-D2 had a quiet word in his ear? Next they'll be telling us a story from the viewpoint of the rock that R2 was hiding behind when the Jawas found him!

The old Tales from the Mos Eisley cantina/Jabba's palace books did it better I think.

It’s being called soft canon. From a certain point of view. But wait til you get to the obi wan stories and Yoda stories. Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,448 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

RIan is a huge fan of time travel apparently but no way will it ever appear in Star Wars. A good clue that his trilogy will be about the formation of the Jedi is its going way back in time. That’s his consolation prize maybe :)

Don't know know if I'd call it a "consolation" (I know you're being facetious). I think Rian has a great opportunity to mold his very own vision, within a SW context of course, instead of having to try and do something with the crap that another director left him.

If I was him, I wouldn't be happier. The only caveat would be that I wouldn't go backwards. I'd go forwards.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Don't know know if I'd call it a "consolation" (I know you're being facetious). I think Rian has a great opportunity to mold his very own vision, within a SW context of course, instead of having to try and do something with the crap that another director left him.

If I was him, I wouldn't be happier. The only caveat would be that I wouldn't go backwards. I'd go forwards.

The joke had been made. JJ walked off from TFA brushing his hands basically goin pity the fool who has to wrap all that dangling sh!t I just left.
    Rian takes over and makes his film. And it’s probaboy a mindfvck.

Then JJ gets dropped back in having to wrap it all up :)

Force karma.

Must be from the toys dialogue. Good catch id forgotten about that. Kind of a huge spoiler given it looks like Luke’s first line is revealed possibly.

Nah, it was revealed a long time ago that his first line of dialogue was that. Sure, it's a 'spoiler' if you didn't know it already but it was confirmed ages ago.

Nah, it was revealed a long time ago that his first line of dialogue was that. Sure, it's a 'spoiler' if you didn't know it already but it was confirmed ages ago.

Do we know where it’s confirmed? Can’t see them letting that cat out of the bag

Do we know where it’s confirmed? Can’t see them letting that cat out of the bag

Here you go.

• Advertisement

Here you go.

Thanks. Balls. Wish I didn’t know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Here you go.

"And where is the hand? There was a hand."

Alas, no hand, just a saber. It was hand solo.

Good few new shots in this new spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

That's right, Mark. The more you promote the film, the more likely you are to receive your full bonus. Glad to see you have moved on from criticizing Rian's treatment of Luke in the film.

Your's etc.,

Kathleen.

:pac:

Oh god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I wonder if Force-ghost Yoda will make an appearance

branie2 wrote: »
    I wonder if Force-ghost Yoda will make an appearance

Almost a lock. Frank Oz was in London for about a month during filming. Certain producers had photographs taken with the Yoda puppet. And the skellig set built in Kerry on ceann Sibeal and the skellig set in London we’re both built on stilts 5 feet above floor level as the dagobah set was in Empire to facilitate Oz and the 5 other people that make Yoda puppet work to do their thing.

Could be a obi wan and Anakin force ghost too though.

Holy sh!t. Tons of new dialogue in this new one

We’re into heavy spoilers now. But at least even the trailers have started to blow the Mary Sue thing out of the sky.

• Advertisement

There is no real reason to visiting Northern Ireland. Let’s be honest. Unless you like game of thrones.
    George Is in Northern Ireland. On a reccie for the SW live action series? They do have a great studio and outdoor location set up. Star Wars underworld anyone?

If they’re making his 70 SW underworld scripts into a series and overseeing the production. He may control the option on them.
    Heard a clip of him talking about it from some years back. ‘We have 70 scripts and they’re Star Wars. We just need to find a way to make them for a tenth of the cost of Star Wars.’

https://twitter.com/beltel/status/931560063428304896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

New trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=3395598002&pf_rd_r=13RFGJ0TB8W9HQFDDA30&pf_rd_s=hero&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_hp_cap_pri_1Edit: Does Rey have an 'Alien' inside her? :pac:
    Whither Rey as a Sith? Who returns to the light in Episode 9.

And Jedi Master Captain Phasma?

And Jedi Finn?

Entertainment Weekly drops several new photos from Star Wars: The Last Jedi

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/entertainment-weekly-drops-several-new-photos-star-wars-last-jedi/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Tense stuff

why are you posting every little clip. just ruining film for yourself :confused:

why are you posting every little clip. just ruining film for yourself :confused:

The film threads typically start with a trailer, so it's only normal for anyone to post all the follow up trailers and TV spots. It's your own decision to watch them or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

The film threads typically start with a trailer, so it's only normal for anyone to post all the follow up trailers and TV spots. It's your own decision to watch them or not.

Just don't understand the mentality of ruining the film for yourself by watching all that stuff. First 1min of any trailer should give you a fair enough idea whether to go see the film or now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I love all the little nuggets

The trailers / spots are not designed to give much away, only to whet the appetite

In fact knowing the director, they could even be misdirecting the audience.

Keep it up

Just don't understand the mentality of ruining the film for yourself by watching all that stuff. First 1min of any trailer should give you a fair enough idea whether to go see the film or now.

None of us here need a trailer to get our butts in seats. It's just to satisfy a need for many to see something to tide them over until the Lucasfilm logo appears on the big screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

You must be new around here. Welcome to The Last Jedi discussion thread. David75 is (quite possibly) the biggest Star Wars fan in Ireland. He posts everything Star Wars as soon as it becomes available. None of which will ruin the 10/10 rating he has already given the film prior to its release. :D

Just kidding! 11/10. :pac:

Advertisement