Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Thanks for that, I had heard about this and wanted to get it - presuming Jar Jar Binks is completely removed - what the f*ck were they thinking creating that abomination of a character !!!??

There are various edits out there that cut him and other stuff out.

But all three cut down to one film? That’s intriguing.

My pal is sending me a link for it later. Will I send it on to you when he gets it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

david75 wrote: »

My pal is sending me a link for it later. Will I send it on to you when he gets it?

Legend!

Thanks man!

Legend!

Thanks man!

Cool. I’ll pass it on soon as I get it.

Deffo wanna watch em all before last Jedi. Even without this edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Is that version even available? I thought it was impossible to find ?

Is that version even available? I thought it was impossible to find ?

I’ll know in a while. Pal of mine is looking for the link

• Advertisement

Btw, Did Lucas replace Yoda in TPM with a CGI version ?
    I thought I remembered the original was still a puppet and only used CGI for Yoda from AOTC ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Btw, Did Lucas replace Yoda in TPM with a CGI version ?
    I thought I remembered the original was still a puppet and only used CGI for Yoda from AOTC ...

Yeah he replaced the puppet with CGI for the Blu-ray. It was probably for the best. The puppet in TPM was a disaster. Actually it was always a disaster and only looked good in TESB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Yeah he replaced the puppet with CGI for the Blu-ray. It was probably for the best. The puppet in TPM was a disaster. Actually it was always a disaster and only looked good in TESB.

how can a puppet 20 years later be worse :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

how can a puppet 20 years later be worse :confused:

It was worse 3 years later never mind 20! The puppet never worked properly. Kershner put Empire over budget and over schedule getting it to perform. Nobody else put so much effort into it and it shows. The idea that Johnson might bring it back is crazy.

ITS beyond baffling and bizarre how that Yoda was allowed out of the workshop. It looks absolutely nothing like Yoda.

I hated the cgi one they used on the following two but it was a vast improvement on the puppet in phantom Menace.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,447 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

He had 30 years to get it fixed. That's just kinda stupid really.

Tony EH wrote: »
    He had 30 years to get it fixed. That's just kinda stupid really.

Laughing out loud. Love you Tony:)
    He actually had the whole hand up until recently but it’s spoilery covered in the Certain Point of View book he lost the skin in true Luke trying to be the good optimistic guy way that’s all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,447 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Sure. But he didn't get the blaster damage fixed from ROTJ? Assuming, of course, that it is actually the blaster damage from ROTJ and not just some random dent that has some fans putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5. Doesn't look to be in the right place to me.

I'm not talking about the whole hand, artificial skin etc. I'm sure Skelling Michael is a very lonely place. That's a lot of friction.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Sure. But he didn't get the blaster damage fixed from ROTJ? Assuming, of course, that it is actually the blaster damage from ROTJ and not just some random dent that has some fans putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5. Doesn't look to be in the right place to me.

I'm not talking about the whole hand, artificial skin etc. I'm sure Skelling Michael is a very lonely place. That's a lot of friction.

It’s a fact from Star Wars dot com. It’s safe.

Again he had the skin in his hand all the way until he lost it in a cave he was trapped in with some life forms that basically wanted to eat him and the woman he was trapped in there with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Daisy said in rolling stone she doesn’t want to play rey after episode 9. I’m pretty sure it was gonna be a long time before they went back to the saga films anyways but then JJ in the same interview said he sees episode 9 as the end of the Skywalker saga. This hopefully means no mystery box ending from him and a hard conclusion which I’d welcome. But he’s also writing and directing the thing so it sounds pretty final.

This is very first of theses numerous tv spots that’d actually feels like Star Wars. It has the right music is probably why. At last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Ohh, did you get this?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ohh, did you get this?

Not yet. I’ll mail him in the morning and gently remind him.

• Advertisement

Not yet. I’ll mail him in the morning and gently remind him.

hehe 'gently remind him' :)

I love detail like this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Seeing this sucker exactly one week from today. I have manged to avoid all spoilers, trailer, tv spots, articles - everything! It's the first time I have been completely spoiler-free seeing a new Star Wars movie since 1983 (I read the novelization of ROTJ beforehand). I will report in straight after with a spoiler-free reaction.

doubledown wrote: »
    Seeing this sucker exactly one week from today. I have manged to avoid all spoilers, trailer, tv spots, articles - everything! It's the first time I have been completely spoiler-free seeing a new Star Wars movie since 1983 (I read the novelization of ROTJ beforehand). I will report in straight after with a spoiler-free reaction.

Gonna need you to run a course on how to do that next year before episode 9 :)
    Although as much as I think I know what’ll happen I’ve a feeling it’s gonna to go totally differently :)

Wow fair play to you !
    I wanted to do this, but just couldn't resist the trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Either way I don't mind, good acting is not something important in a Star Wars film

You've seen the prequels right? It's absolutely necessary that the acting is at least decent.

So you risked it all to come into this thread to brag? :pac: Lucky you, can't wait til next week.

I just realised Topher Grace is that doctor lad in Interstellar ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,462 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might be worthwhile watching Episode VII - but do no watch trailers from either film.

A rewatch of the force awakens is imperative :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I read that at the time too, and really enjoyed it. But like an idiot, about half way through I peeked at the last page, and saw the last lines "The Empire was dead. Long live the Rebellion". :(

Advertisement