Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

if youre ever confused about star wars and why they never seem to listen to fans, or why certain things dont hapen, just read the comment above this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Anthony Daniels is a noticeable absence from all these promotional appearances.

So the world premiere is tonight. Be really careful what you see. The review embargo lifts on the 12th at 9am officially. So total blackout here we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A TV spot that I hadn't seen before was shown on Channel 4 last night.

(Edit to remove potential spoiler)

Might want to put that in spoilers tags

• Advertisement

WOW!! I guess no spoilers but there are shots in This shot off camera so be careful but I’d say watch

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/939570364568313856

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

Wau ! Well , I have watched all the 6 episodes + rogue one, now I just need to watch TFA sometime this week and then - Im ready :)

david75 wrote: »
    WOW!! I guess no spoilers but there are shots in This shot off camera so be careful but I’d say watch

Fantastic ! really cannot wait for this now !

Early reactions are said to be ‘polite’.

Are we in trouble?

Running by for all the Oscars. Sure why not

https://twitter.com/awardscircuit/status/939588311202648064

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Jude13

Plan on going to see this on Thursday the day after our Christmas party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm seeing it on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm going Thurs morning at 12.01am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Seeing it Xmas eve - family tradition and love it,, see Star Wars, home few drinks and cook a red wine honey roast ham for the big day... cannot bloody wait

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Early reactions saying "Best since Empire!"

Take it with a pinch of salt I think this is what is said after early screening of every Star Wars.

I still can't wait. Next Sunday night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thursday night.:)

Some people saying it’s better than Empire. Some others saying it’s completely different than any Star Wars ever.

I guess both can be true but I just hope it’s not too different. It doesn’t need to be better than empire for me.

Going to the premiere on wednesday. Can’t wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm going to to the double bill Wednesday night/ Thursday morning at the Point odeon.

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    Some people saying it’s better than Empire. Some others saying it’s completely different than any Star Wars ever.

I guess both can be true but I just hope it’s not too different. It doesn’t need to be better than empire for me.

Going to the premiere on wednesday. Can’t wait.

I am a little concerned - hearing snippets, and also the IMDB rating is already down to 8.5 (1k votes)
    usually this early with so few votes its around the 9.5 mark - if its really good I mean like TFA.

I think TFA was greater than 9.0 for a good few weeks before settling down to 8.5
    8.1 now.

I know it's a silly gauge , but makes me wonder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I don't particularly trust these 'early reactions'. Similar sentiments were shared about Justice League and, more recently, Jumanji 2. Look at how they scored when it came to critic reviews.

Also, quite a few of these reactions say Empire is still the best. I also saw one person say Rogue One is better. :pac:

Pinch of salt until the real reviews come in and I get to see it myself on Wednesday night. I suspect it will be better than Force Awakens, but have problems with tone and style that deny it besting Empire as the greatest Star Wars film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Early reactions for pretty much any blockbuster film can be almost instantly dismissed as nonsense or excited hyperbole. Once the proper press and public screenings start you can begin taking things a little bit more seriously.

Really never saw the point of things like rotten tomatoes. The huge gap in critics ratings v audience ratings tells it’s own tale. ‘I’m not gonna like this film cos a large number of critics rated it unfavourably’. Seriously? Can we not make up our minds about it? Especially with something like Star Wars which they wouldn’t be as well versed in as fans are. The fanbase are usually totally polarised and divided on every film anyways so if there’s a consensus emerging by the end of the week from them (unlikely :) ) I’d be more inclined to trust that.

Star Wars fans can forgive a film having film making problems. They go all hellfire on it if it has Star Wars problems, which they all do to some degree but some more than others. Critics only see the film making problems.

This is good news
    Really really good news ... On Williams score for TLJ

https://twitter.com/breznican/status/939882051829764096

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thursday night.:)

wednesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tigger123

Some rave reviews on Twitter for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Well reckon I'll be shutting down the internet until next month, so (it doesn't open here until some time in Jan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

pauldla wrote: »
    Well reckon I'll be shutting down the internet until next month, so (it doesn't open here until some time in Jan).

It opens earlier here then it does in the US... you can see it from 00.01am Thursday morning

Advertisement