Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Is the Force Projection thing with Luke true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Perhaps it might be a good idea to explain reasons for using the Spoiler tags until midnight on Wednesday? If you are asking a general question that might be a spoiler then perhaps say that you haven't seen the film, or you saw some rumour, or you read a spoiler somewhere, to explain the spoiler tag being used.

Then we can assume that anything written past 00:01 on Thursday morning relates to the content of the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

My question relates to a claim made by someone else who said they saw the film.

If you don't want the film spoiled then avoid it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Im planning on watching this over Christmas at home with the familie. It's gonna be a bastard to avoid spoilers till then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

My question relates to a claim made by someone else who said they saw the film.

If you don't want the film spoiled then avoid it

Just use spoilers at this stage. It’s easier for you and everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A question :)
    What's the chances of seeing it this week without having tickets booked?

I guess what I'm asking is there any general seating showings at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

So is this unanimously going to be the greatest star wars film ever?? Better than the empire strikes back?? The debate is over?? What a lot of people are saying on twitter anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

So is this unanimously going to be the greatest star wars film ever?? Better than the empire strikes back?? The debate is over?? What a lot of people are saying on twitter anyway....

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Falthyron wrote: »
    No.

The reactions on twitter appear full on orgasmic. People talking about 'tears of joy' like know other SW film seen before, people left 'visibly shaken' etc, words like groundbreaking "the best ever" etc.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,340 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The reactions on twitter appear full on orgasmic. People talking about 'tears of joy' like know other SW film seen before, people left 'visibly shaken' etc, words like groundbreaking "the best ever" etc.

Sounds like the early reaction to practically every big franchise film these days tbh, i'm nearly sure TFA had similar. What people are saying in 6 months time will be more telling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tears of joy. Visibly shaken. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is the Force Projection thing with Luke true?

How do you expect people to know that until we have seen it and why would you want to know?

Just go and see it and find out for real yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do you expect people to know that until we have seen it and why would you want to know?

Just go and see it and find out for real yourself.

Someone has seen it back a bit?
    Pretty sure it was for then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Someone has seen it back a bit?
    Pretty sure it was for then..

But why ask? Why would you want that spoilt? That's my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

david75 wrote: »
    I’ve visited skellig as a Star Wars fan. There is zero infrastructure in place to deal with the influx. But the influx is there. And they’re ramping all the prices up to take full advantage of that influx.

This is Kerry going and rubbing it’s hands cos it’s bigger than the quiet man wave of endless tourism. I’m saying the numbers are catastrophic for the area and yet the infrastructure isn’t there to deal with them.
    And those numbers are only going to grow.

Because it's a heritage site and they only let 30 odd people on the island on a good day I can imagine they don't see the need to mess with the island's infrastructure. There are far less people who can visit it in recent years since it has become a Unesco heritage site, so it's ironic that now it will have people swarming to it, less can actually go on it.

I went there but could only journey around the island as all the slots were long taken up. I really enjoyed it all the same and had a great meal in the pub in Portmagee that Mark Hamill pulled pints in. Given they have filmed elsewhere in Kerry to double as the island I'm sure they can draw tourists elsewhere instead of them all swarming to Portmagee at once.

IVe literally seen only one reaction that even mentioned empire and it simply said it’s as good as it. And the tweet reactions from critics that have seen it are much more positive than they were for TFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

The debate is far from over. In fact I will go so far as to say that this will be the most DIVISIVE Star Wars film to date. Mark my words...

(I loved it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,447 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Divisive in what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Tony EH wrote: »
    Divisive in what way?

I imagine that anyone who has seen the film and answers that will spoil the movie, so might be best to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,447 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Aye, probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Quick question folks, Savoy or Lighthouse to watch this film.

Which would he best?

Quick question folks, Savoy or Lighthouse to watch this film.

Which would he best?

Savoy for the big screen and the last time before it’s closed in January. But lighthouse every other time.
    The 501st will be at both tomorrow night for the opening I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Tony EH wrote: »
    Divisive in what way?

No details but let's just say that certain choices are going to split fans right down the middle.

Press reviews gonna start appearing shortly. Please stick em in spoiler tags if you’re sharing em. Even a headline can give the game away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Savoy for the big screen and the last time before it’s closed in January. But lighthouse every other time.
    The 501st will be at both tomorrow night for the opening I believe.

Is it 100% on the big screen?

Would love to go. Ain't been there since I was a kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope the reviews are good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I’ve visited skellig as a Star Wars fan. There is zero infrastructure in place to deal with the influx. But the influx is there. And they’re ramping all the prices up to take full advantage of that influx.

This is Kerry going and rubbing it’s hands cos it’s bigger than the quiet man wave of endless tourism. I’m saying the numbers are catastrophic for the area and yet the infrastructure isn’t there to deal with them.
    And those numbers are only going to grow.
    So depressing, they will let them be ruined just for money ..

Is it 100% on the big screen?

Would love to go. Ain't been there since I was a kid

Yep. They confirmed they’re starting renovations in January on screen one so you’ll have to see it in there before then.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    So depressing, they will let them be ruined just for money ..

Well they’re only allowed bring 180 people a day into the island. That’s up from 60 I believe but don’t know when that change happened. People generally are really respectful and take their litter with them n stuff so the island will be fine I hope.

One of the pub owners in portmagee made the point on cnn that there’s been a vast increase in visitors but they’re leaving as soon as they come back from the island. To be fair portmagee is two pubs a shop and I think one restaurant? There’s really not a lot to do. Even cahirciveen seemed like a weirdly deserted ghost town when I went down. You’d imagine it would be booming. So the money is passing through to Dingle and Killarney more than likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I notice on one of the sites, they mention they have landing tours and eco tours, eco tours only circle the islands, you can't seem to book for landing tours - I wonder have they stopped.
    Eventually I think it will be closed to tourists for its own protection.
    When you went was it allready thronged with people ?
    Can you run on up the steps to get some good space and shots without all the other tourists ?

Advertisement