Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

If the part about rey is true then it's all over lads. I don't believe it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    If the part about try is true then it's all over lads. I don't believe it anyway.

It'd be worse than anything the prequels ever did, and that's saying a lot. But that's the thing, it's so ridiculous (and pretty damn funny :D) that it almost confirms it as being bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

david75 wrote: »
    This story won't go away. I'm beginning to believe aspects of it.

A redditor claims to have seen the script for 8 and gives a breakdown.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/21/rumoured-leaked-script-reveals-star-wars-episode-viii-plot-rey-force?CMP=twt_a-film_b-gdnfilm

Donegal, Northern Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Donegal, Northern Ireland?

They're setting up there now apparently.

They're setting up there now apparently.

I didn't know there was a Donegal in Northern Ireland ;)

Great for the area though, delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

This story won't go away. I'm beginning to believe aspects of it. [/url]

Don't - it's complete horsh!ite. The script hasn't been leaked and won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Skylined.94

No chance they'd leak that script considering the secrecy around Episode VII!

No way it's the script but some of the ideas contained are interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I didn't know there was a Donegal in Northern Ireland ;)

Donegal is located in Northern Ireland geographical though, no need to get overly sensitive about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,800 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Road closures up here scheduled for May 13 - 15. Assume thats when the Malin Head filming will be done.

Let's hope they get the weather for it. (unless of course they want it to be raining).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Got a right chuckle out of that alleged leaked script! It had a milk-through-nose moment.

If it wasn't for that bit I'd have went along with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

This story won't go away. I'm beginning to believe aspects of it.

A redditor claims to have seen the script for 8 and gives a breakdown.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/apr/21/rumoured-leaked-script-reveals-star-wars-episode-viii-plot-rey-force?CMP=twt_a-film_b-gdnfilm

My main issue with this leak, apart from the
    "No, you are my father."
    bit is the fact that they would use
    Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan when Luke has only ever seen Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan - it wouldn't be right.
    I think some of the ideas in the leak could be true and are interesting, but I reckon most of it is made up. Unless of course Disney
    remove Alec Guinness from the old trilogy and replace his force ghost with Ewan, much like how they replaced Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen in Jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

faceman wrote: »
    Got a right chuckle out of that alleged leaked script! It had a milk-through-nose moment.

If it wasn't for that bit I'd have went along with it.

Was it
    "No, you are my father"

Donegal is located in Northern Ireland geographical though, no need to get overly sensitive about it

It's in the North of Ireland certainly, but 'Northern Ireland' is a political entity.

Anyway, I'm worked up about it but it's a simple thing to check and it reflects badly on the writer of the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

JustShon wrote: »
    Was it
    "No, you are my father"

Oh boy, gimme any other Rey's parentage story but that.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Oh boy, gimme any other Rey's parentage story but that.

It'd be such a cop out.

I'm not sure what I want from her parentage story though. Part of me wants her to be connected to a major past character but another part of me thinks that might be a bit naff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The Reddit page doesn't have the full script. Here it is: http://pastebin.com/EDyzfWat

The last part of the film sounds really interesting...

It'd be such a cop out.

I'm not sure what I want from her parentage story though. Part of me wants her to be connected to a major past character but another part of me thinks that might be a bit naff.

I'd happy if she was a relative of Obi Wans or just some randomer who the force awakened in out of necessity.

But more than likely she is connected to someone or was just a student in Lukes school.

I'd happy if she was a relative of Obi Wans or just some randomer who the force awakened in out of necessity.

But more than likely she is connected to someone or was just a student in Lukes school.

I'd like an Obi Wan connection but I just can't see how it'd work. She'd have to be a grandchild. Which I suppose would make for some nice symmetry: Obi Wan's grandchild vs Anakin's grandchild.

I'd like an Obi Wan connection but I just can't see how it'd work. She'd have to be a grandchild. Which I suppose would make for some nice symmetry: Obi Wan's grandchild vs Anakin's grandchild.

She could be a niece or great niece. Doesn't have to be a direct child or grandchild from Obi Wan, she just could be a Kenobi.

We don't know anything about Obi Wan's family or where he came from, so its possible he could have had brothers and sisters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Keep in mind the script for Empire Strikes Back didn't have the "I am your father" line in it.

To keep the secret, it was written and performed as "obi-wan killed your father" and changed later in the James Earl Jones voiceover. Only the writer, director, and Mark Hamill knew the truth.

Could be a similar situation in this leaked script.

We don't know anything about Obi Wan's family or where he came from, so its possible he could have had brothers and sisters.

Good point, and that would eliminate the whole question of when Obi Wan had the time to knock someone up while he was meant to be keeping an eye on Luke.

Good point, and that would eliminate the whole question of when Obi Wan had the time to knock someone up while he was meant to be keeping an eye on Luke.

I think it would be more of a stretch to come up with excuses as to how Obi Wan was unfit to score a bird in 18 years. :pac: He couldn't have taken the hermit situation that seriously, even a Jedi has itches that need scratching.

I think it would be more of a stretch to come up with excuses as to how Obi Wan was unfit to score a bird in 18 years. :pac: He couldn't have taken the hermit situation that seriously, even a Jedi has itches that need scratching.

I always felt like it was heavily implied that he did take the whole hermit thing very seriously.

The question in my mind is: When would it have been safe for him to leave Luke unattended?

I always felt like it was heavily implied that he did take the whole hermit thing very seriously.

The question in my mind is: When would it have been safe for him to leave Luke unattended?

I was just joking, I agree with ya. But I'm sure if he wanted he could have zipped off somewhere for some "action".

They will probably do a spin off film about him anyways, that would have to show him leave Tatoonie.

I was just joking, I agree with ya. But I'm sure if he wanted he could have zipped off somewhere for some "action".

They will probably do a spin off film about him anyways, that would have to show him leave Tatoonie.

True, although it could easily be based on Tattooine. Maybe some plot to assassinate Luke when he was still a small child?

I know Vader wasn't aware of Luke until he met him as an adult but it's entirely possible The Emperor knew and kept it from Vader while secretly trying to kill Luke before Vader ever finds out.

She's Lukes daughter. Let's all untwist our knickers and just accept it.

We won't find out until episode 9 though. The reveal won't be in 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

True, although it could easily be based on Tattooine. Maybe some plot to assassinate Luke when he was still a small child?

I know Vader wasn't aware of Luke until he met him as an adult but it's entirely possible The Emperor knew and kept it from Vader while secretly trying to kill Luke before Vader ever finds out.
    he wanted Luke turned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Wouldn't it be nice if she wasn't connected to anyone?

It's the one thing I cannot stand about Star Wars. This childish bullshit that everything is connected. It makes for really poor viewing.

It was fine having Vader as Luke's dad in the originals (even stretching that to Leia being Luke's sister was just about ok), but then extending those connections to other characters was a dreadful idea. Vader building C3P0...ffs. Kenobi saying he never had a droid before, despite hanging around with R2D2 for bleedin years. rolleyes.png

Thankfully, I am in the process of erasing those pieces of crap prequels from my memory. So, to me they aren't canon any more. Thanks aging!

Hopefully, Disney will do the same and they'll end up taking their place beside the holiday special.

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be nice if she wasn't connected to anyone?

It's the one thing I cannot stand about Star Wars. This childish bullshit that everything is connected. It makes for really poor viewing.

It was fine having Vader as Luke's dad in the originals (even stretching that to Leia being Luke's sister was just about ok), but then extending those connections to other characters was a dreadful idea. Vader building C3P0...ffs. Kenobi saying he never had a droid before, despite hanging around with R2D2 for bleedin years. rolleyes.png

Thankfully, I am in the process of erasing those pieces of crap prequels from my memory. So, to me they aren't canon any more. Thanks aging!

Hopefully, Disney will do the same and they'll end up taking their place beside the holiday special.

It's the skywalker story. That's the point. First line in the crawl is 'Luke skywalker has vanished!' So they're still following that line. A story needs a through line and central focus. They're obviously continuing that.

Advertisement