Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *spoilers from Post 2857*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

33AFAB0700000578-3567340-image-a-11_1462036604151.jpg

33AFBD3800000578-0-image-a-4_1462035838102.jpg

33AFBD4000000578-3567340-image-a-37_1462037518004.jpg

33AFB16800000578-3567340-image-a-48_1462038260959.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Star Wars Episode 8
    The Force Strikes Back

You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'd love to walk around that set for a couple of hours.

Tony EH wrote: »
    I'd love to walk around that set for a couple of hours.

I'd just be happy with a wander around inside the falcon.
    Goin to Skellig in three weeks. Can't wait.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,346 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where is that anyway? The set looks like it's supposed to be part of the skelligs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

‘Star Wars’ film a real cliffhanger – and that’s just the set
    Exclusive shots show Jedi temple being built in the Kingdom - as local businesses feel the 'Force'

II%20EXCLUSIVE%20S_15.jpg
    The Jedi are returning to Kerry - but this time they won't be spending time on Skellig Michael.

A replica of the sixth-century monastic settlement has been recreated on top of Ceann Sibéal on the Dingle Peninsula, ahead of 'Star Wars' filming later this month.

The intricate structure comprising eight beehive huts has been built on scaffolding on a raised stage with steps going down the centre.

Irish Independent

May the fourth be with you.

A day where sweatie Star Wars fans everywhere passive aggressively mock those with a lisp.

There'll be a trailer or announcement today. Han Solo casting announcement tipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

david75 wrote: »

Bring a mannequin,dress it as Luke and leave it sitting somewhere to freak people out.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Just an FYI , keep an eye on the status of the site. There was some damage done in the (not so) recent storms and there were reports a week or so ago that visitors to the site would not be permitted until the repairs were complete. That's due to be done by the 14th of May... but keep an eye that it's not delayed.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Just an FYI , keep an eye on the status of the site. There was some damage done in the (not so) recent storms and there were reports a week or so ago that visitors to the site would not be permitted until the repairs were complete. That's due to be done by the 14th of May... but keep an eye that it's not delayed.

Thanks so much for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Is there much of a waiting list to visit them ?

Are they finished filming there ?

what remains will be done on the replica set now yeah?

Is there much of a waiting list to visit them ?

Are they finished filming there ?

what remains will be done on the replica set now yeah?

There's a good few boat companies go there. Some have licences to land on the island and let people walk around and some only sail around the island.

I chose one that lands and you call them and they basically book you and give you a date. You have to call a day or two before to make sure they'll be sailing, it's weather permitting. They did tell me the numbers are up insanely.

No more filming on Skellig. They've moved up the coast to Ceann Sibil in Kerry and also a set being built on malin head as well as a section of Skellig has been recreated at pinewood in London with the Falcon landed at the foot of some steps leading to what looks like a force tree.

...They did tell me the numbers are up insanely.

That's the one negative thing about the new SW movies being filmed there.

Like New Zealand - ruined by Lord of the Rings tourists ..

Depends on your view. LOTR put NZ on the map. Hardly say it ruined anything being such a massive boost to their economy both locally and nationally.

Same will apply down in Kerry. Can only help the local economy. But they'll be closing the Skelligs off completely before long anyways. Not because of this but it will be a factor.

Depends on your view. LOTR put NZ on the map. Hardly say it ruined anything being such a massive boost to their economy both locally and nationally.

Same will apply down in Kerry. Can only help the local economy. But they'll be closing the Skelligs off completely before long anyways. Not because of this but it will be a factor.

Is that a good thing tho ?

Now it will be closed to everyone else who wants to see them,
    Kerry will have more tacky tourist shops and B+Bs being built where they shouln't, yes it makes more money and jobs for the area - but is it a good thing ?

I live in Barcelona and no one here takes pride anymore in the Sagrada Familia - its a tacky joke at this stage and they are just throwing up more to the building - that they say Gaudi planned - but he didn't they are winging it at this stage to make more $$$$$$$.

The area is a tacky dump now full of tourist shops and "Spanish" restaurants.

Anyway - waaaay of topic now.

/ rant over.

But I hope I get to see the skelligs in the next few years, I was there when I was a kid and our boat trip was cancelled cos of the wind.

You really think they will be completely closed in the next few years?

* I am aware of the irony in complaining about Tourism and being one myself ... :)

I really hope
    that ****e about Rey being Anakin reincarnated is not true, it would be such utter bs.

I really hope
    that ****e about Rey being Anakin reincarnated is not true, it would be such utter bs.

Yeah that's nonsense. Thing has me concerned is they might in an attempt to avoid 8 being accused of a retread of Empire, not reveal who she really is until the final chapter. That's gonna suck balls if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I think the reveal of her parentage may not be in the next film as it's been hinted at by JJ and various others. I don't think it's being kept back as a major reveal, just probably for genuine story reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As long as the film is good i can live without her parentage being revealed. will leave intrigue the final installement

I couldn't give a tinkers cuss who her parents are. It would be better if she wasn't related to anyone we know.

I like the idea someone else had:

"How much to get passage on that star freighter?"

"Your kid."

"Done!

Rey...piss off!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

I'd suspect most of these 'rumours' are just diversionary red herrings. It was the same during the making of TFA and virtually all the rumours were wrong. This 'guess the twist' thing is becoming a pain.

TFA handled the 'who is Rey' thing quite well without it dominating the whole movie.

The more interesting part of the story is can Kylo Ren be redeemed as Leia wants, or does killing Han Solo mean Leia now has to face losing her son as well. If Luke decides Kylo Ren must die and trains Rey to do it, where does this leave things with Leia ?

There's loads of much more interesting stuff to be decided in these movies than just who left their kid on a desert planet !!

PS: maybe Vader's threat to Luke in ROTJ to turn Leia to the Dark Side may yet still come to pass.

I just can't see the house of mouse doing any of the above though. They're way too saccharine these days.

They're too afraid of "damaging" kids with story elements they think they can't handle. :rolleyes: So I think Rey killing Kylo is probably out as that would mean there's no bollocks "redemption" message at the end.

Look, this Star Wars trilogy is all pretty much mapped out I'd say. The end game is Rey turning Kylo to the poncy side of the Farce and that'll really be it. The next death is Luke probably kicking the bucket in some heroic bullshit sacrifice in Episode IX and Leia will be gradually sidelined, until it truly becomes a Disney product, which they'll milk until nearly everyone is sick to death of Star Wars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Wedwood wrote: »
    I'd suspect most of these 'rumours' are just diversionary red herrings. It was the same during the making of TFA and virtually all the rumours were wrong.

A lot of the rumours were right as well though. Hamill recently confirmed that the infamous "Luke's severed hand floating through space" opening sequence was true (though obviously changed before release). And fans were able to put together an extremely accurate plot outline based on leaks months before release.

I don't think people are moaning that the reveal of Reys parents will be left to Ep. IX or later, I think they are more worried that the awful rumour will be true -
    Anakin reincarnated bollix..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That 'spoiler' theory is nonsense. Not credible.

Been listening to a lot of Star Wars podcasts since FA came out but this week they're all feeling, as would have, about Hamills revelation that the hand and lightsaber opening shot nearly happened. I know it's Star Wars and I love Star Wars but that would have been so far removed from any kind of credibility as to be parody. It would have been like space balls.

Been listening to a lot of Star Wars podcasts since FA came out but this week they're all feeling, as would have, about Hamills revelation that the hand and lightsaber opening shot nearly happened. I know it's Star Wars and I love Star Wars but that would have been so far removed from any kind of credibility as to be parody. It would have been like space balls.

Was that supposed to be in FA ? or Ep. VIII ?

Was that supposed to be in FA ? or Ep. VIII ?

Was supposed to be the opening shot of force awakens.

New 'leak' rumour. And it's quite intriguing.
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/3901907

Also if that rumour is true, it would both allow the classic Star Wars opening to happen.

Huge star destroyer shot. One shuttle flies out down to the planet with kylo on it alone. Cut to the exact moment of Rey and Luke on the island where we left them.

Think it was Daisy said they're picking up exactly where we left them. And the footage of Johnson filming that shot backs it up.

It could work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,208 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement