Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing company

Options
  • 04-01-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi

I recently changed over to Bord Gais.

When can I expect my last Electric Ireland bill? The website says Dec 21st was when my next bill is due. I assume I will get one final bill?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi limerick85,

Sorry to read you have chosen to leave Electric Ireland.

A final bill will indeed be issued to you. The date on online billing indicates approximately when the meters were being read in the district by Networks (or when estimates were being issued if the meters were not being read). That would not be applicable for your final bill though, as that will be based on the meter-reading you submitted when you commenced the switch.

We cannot say for certain when your final Electric Ireland bill will issue - it will depend on when your new supplier receives the switch request and then sends this to Electric Ireland, which is effectively an instruction to close your account, and then your final bill will automatically issue. This is likely pending at the moment - when did you commence the switch?

If you would like us to check anything on your closed Electric Ireland account, do private message us the account number in question, your name, address and date of birth. Otherwise we would recommend contacting your chosen new supplier for information on the progress of your switch.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Hi limerick85,

Sorry to read you have chosen to leave Electric Ireland.

________
    He'll be back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Thanks for your post PeteK*!

The option is there indeed, for future reference :)https://www.electricireland.ie/residential/help/switching/switching-to-us-is-easy-

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭luohaoran

Hi,

I made the switch from Electric Ireland to Energia early last November.
    I had just paid a recent bill with Electric Ireland so I expected a small final bill.

Energia made an error with the readings.  The day reading was hundreds of units out and the night reading was apparently an estimate (according to Energia's first bill) even though I supplied both readings.

Electric Irelands bill arrived for €700 . I was expecting about 7 euro.

I've spent a total of about 2 hours in phone calls, between Energia, Esb Networks and Electric Ireland, since then. 
    Electric Ireland have repeated put "D" locks on my account and then let them expire without notifying us. 

We now have a legal letter final demand letter from Electric Irelands solicitors. For the full €700. Based on the readings which all three companies accept as incorrect.

It would appear we are heading to court. That there is no way to correct the situation.
    Energia refuse to pass the details directly to Electric Ireland, 
    ESB Networks say Electric Ireland must request the readings directly from them. 
    Electric Ireland will not engage with ESB Networks (no reason given) Electric Ireland will only accept the readings if sent from Energia. 
    And CER say that Energia and Electric Ireland are obliged to sort this out between themselves.

But they won't.

So I have to hire a solicitor, to repeat the above , in a court, and then claim for cost and stress related damages.

For anyone thinking of switching out there.
    Be warned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi louhaoran,

We are sorry to read this.

In order for us to look into this for you could you please send us the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then investigate this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement