Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Finance 2016?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

I was looking to pick up the 2016 edition of Colm Rapple's book "Family Finance" which he normally brings out every year at about this time. Was wondering why I couldn't find it anywhere and was dismayed to learn the author passed away this previous year.

I found his books very helpful and was going to pick one up this year as I hadn't read one in the last few years and with family etc arriving on the scene was interested in a refresher.

Does anyone know if the 2015 edition is still available anywhere, or if anyone else has taken up the mantle and has a similar book out which takes into account recent changes in the budget for 2016? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

There are forums on Boards.ie that deal with personal finance etc, this is supposed to be about business and enterprise! Search again, Jill Kirby writes well on these topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

I was also a huge fan of Colm Rapple and his easy to read and understand book, saved me enough in tax to buy a site many many years ago.

Was very sorry to hear recently of his death.

The Money Doctor by John Lowe is not a bad book either, might be a good alternative.

Advertisement