Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have these plants a shot ? And other question?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I would appreciate help on this.

We just moved to a new house. The soil is as the builders left it and there are landscapers coming in spring to put proper topsoil down and grass etc.

But. .. my sister in law brought down a load of plants from her aunts garden. The aunt has passed and she had a beautiful garden and this will be demolished.

So we thought we would plant what she brought anyway which we did. We bought top soil and put them in that and then she bought horse manure and put around the plants.

Is there anything else I can so? Or just hope for the best? It would be lovely to devote a spot in our new garden to my husbands aunt. So any tips would be great.

I can probably figure out how to put up pics if required.

Also on a separate note I'm looking to plant a tree. Just in a particular corner for privacy. Any good ones that have nice growth but not too tall or have roots that mess boundary walls? And I presume I will have to wait for landscapers topsoil to plant said tree? Same goes for creepers, would love them to get started now but presumably I'm waiting for that too!

Thanks so much for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

The transplanted plants should be fine - but I hope it was well rotted horse manure (ie 2 years old or older) as fresh stuff can be quite acidic.

Nice memorial to your husband's aunt.

My mother has plants from relations all over Ireland & England in her garden - quite a few sent to her mother as cuttings in the post in the 40s & 50s. Transplanted time & time again. No bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Hi Speedsie, thanks for the reply. I will check the manure bag and if not I'll head to the garden centre for more suitable manure.

I really hope this works out as its in one particular section of the garden and that can be her spot.

Your mums garden sounds great. Must get my act together and get clippings myself from everyone I know. Have a very large space to fill :)

Advertisement