Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilimanjaro advice

• 04-01-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I'm very interested climbing Kilimanjaro later in the year. Is travelling to this part of the world safe in these times? Regarding flights, terrorism etc. Apologies if I'm showing complete ignorance here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 phanley

so many qs wrote: »
    I'm very interested climbing Kilimanjaro later in the year. Is travelling to this part of the world safe in these times? Regarding flights, terrorism etc. Apologies if I'm showing complete ignorance here.

I did it last year, its perfectly safe.
    Dont book anything before hand and you will save about 2000euro (vs what you'll see online)
    Get to moshi a small town near the base of the mountain and you'll get everything for about 1100.. You can find a company to bring you the next day no problem.

Its no easy climb. But totally worth doing it when youre at the top.

If you need other info let me know im happy to help

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rcdunne1

@phanley I'm just about to part with €3k+ for a 7 day climb and 3 day Safari. Is it really that easy to organise everything when we get out there? I would usually tend to do it the cheaper way but I've been put off by the idea of going all the way out there to find that we don't make the summit etc. Already paid for flights, can you arrange a climb and safari in Moshi?

Advertisement