Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Barber in Ballincollig?

Options
  • 04-01-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

As above - any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

My wife cuts mine so I don't use them but did bring the young lad to one once to get a spiderweb on the side of his head for holidays cos the wife refused point blank to do it for him lol.
    The place we went to was right across from Tracey's bar. A small place with maybe 4 seats. The staff were friendly and did a good job on him. So much so the wife didn't talk to me for the day haha.
    If I was going back to paying for a haircut I'd have no issues going in there again.
    Sorry I can't think of the name but if you were standing at the door of traceys you'd be looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bradt Pitt

Thanks a million, I'll check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

.red. wrote: »
    My wife cuts mine so I don't use them but did bring the young lad to one once to get a spiderweb on the side of his head for holidays cos the wife refused point blank to do it for him lol.
    The place we went to was right across from Tracey's bar. A small place with maybe 4 seats. The staff were friendly and did a good job on him. So much so the wife didn't talk to me for the day haha.
    If I was going back to paying for a haircut I'd have no issues going in there again.
    Sorry I can't think of the name but if you were standing at the door of traceys you'd be looking at it.

Topman or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

I'd recommend Topman. There's a place next door too but never tried it!
    They're both across from Treacys.

• Advertisement

Legwinski wrote: »
    I'd recommend Topman. There's a place next door too but never tried it!
    They're both across from Treacys.

Didn't realise there was2. I checked out Google Earth and think it was the other one we were in, The Sportsmans Barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Depends what you are looking for, I go to the Sportsmans all the time, and no problems,
    A lot of folk wait for Kevin as he does a lot of the styling etc, but Im grand with any of the rest of them in the Sportsmans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Can't remember his name, but he's very good. Turkish chap. Gives coffee in a glass cup.
    Does nose and ear hairs too!

Around the corner from Subway and across the street. Entrance shared with a hair dressers. Not the bling neon place on the same block as subways.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Can't remember his name, but he's very good. Turkish chap. Gives coffee in a glass cup.
    Does nose and ear hairs too!

Around the corner from Subway and across the street. Entrance shared with a hair dressers. Not the bling neon place on the same block as subways.

aykut

The barber that actually cuts your hair the way you ask for it to be cut and not what way he thinks it should be cut.

I think he's probably slightly more expensive than other barbers in ballincollig but he's 10 times better than any barber in ballincollig.

Very nice guy also and lovley tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gabbys is very good, next to the jewelers there down the little lane. Turkish barbers.

• Advertisement

So theres a Turkish barber and a Turkish jeweler in the collig but no sign of a Turkish kebab shop. Theres 10 versions of every kind of takeaway available but a dirty kebab!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Is Aykut still a one man show? hes very good but the queues there used drive me nuts
    Cheers
    Toppy

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Is Aykut still a one man show? hes very good but the queues there used drive me nuts
    Cheers
    Toppy

there was an Italian girl last time I was in. She was grand, but you can wait for himself, they dont get offended.
    or ring him and make an appointment, all the post-its on the mirror sometimes is funny.

And have a coffee in a glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Cheers
    Toppy

There's two girls that normally come in on the weekend. But as mentioned you can make an appointment it's very rare I would wait more than 20 minutes and I always wait for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

Hey guys, do any of you know the opening hours for Aykut? I went to him a few weeks ago on recommendations from this thread and as stated earlier, he cuts your hair the way you want it cut, not the way he thinks it should be cut!! I forgot to get the opening hours while in there.

PMing his mobile, ring him and make an appointment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 killer_penguin

Aykut has been giving me a bazz monthly for last 10 years
    Can confirm you get what you ask for :D
    Top bloke, queues are worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see grafton barbers have opened in the shopping centre.

Advertisement