Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Strange Phenomenon of Rising Dust

• 04-01-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

My flatmate introduced me to this phenomenon of "rising dust" which was explained to me that it stems from dirty ashy fireplaces. It was also was touted as a reason to clean the entire fireplace as opposed to just the ashes.

Anybody care to enlighten me on the phenomenon, pardon the pun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Never heard of it, But just to be on the safe side check the house for Lizard people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Bring your fireplace outside. The weather will make sure that there is no rising dust. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Introduce him to the concept of the 'Rising Fist' and get him to clean the fireplace instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dust is everywhere. Problem is on days like today you can actually SEE it when the sunshine shows the dustmotes everywhere.

I just close the blackout blinds and live with it.

Quentin Crisp sorted that out after four years. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Get him to show you the best way to clean the fireplace totally with a demonstration.

Then the fireplace is grand for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hoover the air,it's the only way to get it.
    They do it the best Hotels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My flatmate introduced me to this phenomenon of "rising dust" which was explained to me that it stems from dirty ashy fireplaces. It was also was touted as a reason to clean the entire fireplace as opposed to just the ashes.

Anybody care to enlighten me on the phenomenon, pardon the pun
    Dude, you've got hundreds of thousands of FACE MITES living on Your face right now. You've got bigger issues to be worrying about

(actually don't worry cause they're harmless and universal and they don't even have rectums so they're not pooing on you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

kneemos wrote: »
    Hoover the air,it's the only way to get it.
    They do it the best Hotels.

I just open a window anf chase the air out with a rolled up tea towel. It's more evo friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Is it anything to do with the Easter Rising?

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Dude, you've got hundreds of thousands of FACE MITES living on Your face right now. You've got bigger issues to be worrying about

(actually don't worry cause they're harmless and universal and they don't even have rectums so they're not pooing on you)

Somebody slaps your face they all go splat!?
    Shoit everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

All the bacteria that lives all over and inside you is pooing everywhere. 30% of your stool is actually bacteria.

Really, who cares.... really? Unless OCD about something that falls from our skin and from open fireplaces every day. Sad.

Dust if you must. It just happens, and will never be beaten. Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

ScumLord wrote: »
    All the bacteria that lives all over and inside you is pooing everywhere. 30% of your stool is actually bacteria.

I beg your pardon. That stool was bought from Ikea. 30% of it is plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

:eek: I am currently applying a cheese grater to my face!

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Is it anything to do with the Easter Rising?

One of the few things that hasn't.

kneemos wrote: »
    One of the few things that hasn't.

Going off topic, so will be quick.... 1916 commemorations leave me totally cold.

I plan to be out of the country for all that fake mullarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Ohhhh! Mr. Rigsby!!!

Going off topic, so will be quick.... 1916 commemorations leave me totally cold.

I plan to be out of the country for all that fake mullarkey.

Nicely done . Don't think anybody noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Low in fat too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement