Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to add mobile to my bundle

Options
  • 04-01-2016 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Twice now in the last 5 days I have tried to add eir mobile to my current bundle of landline and broadband, once in store and the other on the phone. Both times I have been refused by credit control.

Like other threads I have read here, no phone number was provided to find out the reson why, only an address. 
    My bills are always paid, I am not in arrears. I have set up direct debit twice or three times now, yet it does not come out on the date I have requested, meaning I end up each month paying over the phone or through the app. Could this be part of the problem? 

What must I do to be able to add mobile to my package, as at this stage I am considering just staying with my current provider. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

mj_mam wrote: »
    Twice now in the last 5 days I have tried to add eir mobile to my current bundle of landline and broadband, once in store and the other on the phone. Both times I have been refused by credit control.

Like other threads I have read here, no phone number was provided to find out the reson why, only an address. 
    My bills are always paid, I am not in arrears. I have set up direct debit twice or three times now, yet it does not come out on the date I have requested, meaning I end up each month paying over the phone or through the app. Could this be part of the problem? 

What must I do to be able to add mobile to my package, as at this stage I am considering just staying with my current provider. 
    Hi mj_mam

Unfortunately the only route to question the credit vetting is by post, I'm afraid there is no number to contact. I cannot for sure advise you on why you have failed credit vetting but if you have missed a payment in the past 12 months this would likely be the reason however if I was to offer advice going forward I would consider going on direct debit when signing up with a member of sales as this could also be the reason.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

I will send a request in the post so.

Do you know what the usual routine might be with rejections? How long must one wait until they will be approved? 
    As I have said I have twice or 3 times set up a direct debit, but it never comes out. I again, will try this and hope it works. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

mj_mam wrote: »
    I will send a request in the post so.

Do you know what the usual routine might be with rejections? How long must one wait until they will be approved? 
    As I have said I have twice or 3 times set up a direct debit, but it never comes out. I again, will try this and hope it works. 
    No problem mj_mam

Rejections can't be appealed but can be explained - 12 months of on time payments is usually required but this is really at the discretion of credit vetting to advise on. I think if you set up a direct debit it will definitely help.

Al

Advertisement