Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Graphics card

Options
  • 04-01-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

I want to record games of sky and edit them. Could someone them me how to do it with a graphics card? What ever etc.......?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Wait....record them? You wouldn't need a graphics card anyway, because they DISPLAY and don't record.
    I think you might be looking for Capture Cards, but they only capture from the device itself, and I don't know if a TV accepts them.
    If you could stream the games to your PC, and then find a screen recording software you could could just do that and store them on your PC.
    I don't understand what you mean by "edit them." You're going to have to be more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ok just say I record the Sunday Game on sky plus. It's on my sky box. Can it be transferred to my pc to be edited (using Nero etc.. )?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Whats a game of Sky?

Games off sky? You need a video capture card or dogey software that can not be discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

You'd need a video capture card.
    They cost around €100 for a decent one.
    You can get Chinese usb sticks for 20+ on eBay, but good luck with them.

I believe sky encrypt the picture so doubt you'd get anything from a capture card.
    I remember trying once ages ago.

If it's in your Sky+ hard drive, plug it into a PC. It's likely encrypted again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

thesultan wrote: »
    Ok just say I record the Sunday Game on sky plus. It's on my sky box. Can it be transferred to my pc to be edited (using Nero etc.. )?

Recordings made on a Sky box are not usable by anything else ..... Sky have them locked down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

So I can get nothing off sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

The thing about Sky is that the file is decompressed and then it's encrypted. Even if you managed to somehow flash the firmware of the Box to allow the drive to move the files to other drives, you'd have to figure out the algorythm to get the files to viewable state.

Besides....it's technically illegal as you signed up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

thesultan wrote: »
    So I can get nothing off sky?

Not without breaking the protection on the output, then capturing it.

Doing it with an analogue connection would be easier, but no HD.

All of this isn't exactly on the right side of the law though unfortunately, so its probably one to be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I would have said a simpler method would be using sky go or similar to play the video on pc and use screen capture software. I figure that's how the guys who upload highlight reels etc... to youtube do it if they can't access the files from their skybox or similar.

Obviously this probably violates sky contract etc... but in theory that would be the simplest way I can see of doing it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Thread locked for discussion of activity that is not technically illegal but would get Boards' ass sued to oblivion, so make of that what you will. thesultan, please do not discuss ways to hack encryption in this forum again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement