Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin & Mindy

Options
  • 04-01-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone who may pass by Wolfe Tone Street opposite Jervis Street has seen the homeless man with the trolley (Martin) and his little dog (Mindy) who used to set up shelter at the Axa building there?

I had bought him a breakfast and had a chat with one day when I was passing by a year or so ago and used to try pop in to him every second week or so with a few bits, socks/clothes/food ect.

The last time I saw him there was around October and he was saying he wasn't well and may have been going into hospital. I took a spin by there a good few times since and haven't seen him about so I'm just wondering if anyone who may have seen him about knows if he moved on elsewhere or got sorted with a hostel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm sorry if it's not the same person, but it sounds similar to the chap who's setting up camp opposite smock alley theatre in temple bar. skinny lad, small dog, trolley, always has a monkey hat on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Sounds like him, I know there's a few other homeless lad's with pet's about but i'll throw an eye over that direction and see if it is him thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I know the guy you're referring to, and he moves around a bit. I'm pretty sure I saw him just before Christmas, though it wasn't near Jervis St., damned if I can recall where though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

his brother died around sept/oct and people donated money to get him back to his family for the funeral

his brother was also on the streets of dublin and instantly recognisable to most people who are in the city centre

flowers were placed at a doorway of the cinema on parnell street where he used to stand or sit

Martin went home for xmas to his family, again funded by generous people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I saw him on Dawson st a couple of days before Christmas. Haven't seen him with the trolly for a while though.

• Advertisement

I'll take a spin in about town over the weekend and see if I come across him at all in the above places, hopefully he's doing ok

think he left around the 23/24th he got a suitcase filled with toiletries and clothes etc

oh and a framed pic of himself and his dog :pac:

Probably not back from where he is originally from as its quite far from dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Is this the same guy who does be wearing the Westmeath jacket? I haven't seen him since Christmas, usually around Jervis/Abbey Street area. Hope it's the same guy who got to go home to his family cos I used to hear him talking about how all he wanted was to get home, this life wasn't for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boredpanda

Saw both Martin and Mindy on Dawson street yesterday around midday, at the corner of the House of Ireland store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 baby love

Used to see him/have the chats O'Connell St every 2nd day en route into work in a.m - hadnt seen him in an age & bumped into him again last month out of the blue!
    He had v tough time after his brother died/went back 'home' for funeral (think out west).
    He got sorted with hostel that also takes Mindy (so no longer in his usual spot near Jervis) but said he's up in Stephen's Green area a lot too.
    Lovely guy & dotes Mindy - hope 2016 is good to him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah he's been around Dawson St/St Ann's Church the last fortnight.

Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear he's got a hostel sorted. I had been into town a good few times recently and still hadn't spotted him but i'll take a ramble over by dawson street and see if I come across him

anyone ever noticed how he treats his dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I spotted him yesterday evening sitting on the street outside Panti Bar on Capel St. and sleeping in the doorway of Mango on Henry St. this morning.

Advertisement