Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on gym

Options
  • 04-01-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised I haven't seen any gym threads this time of year!

Anyway I'm already in another gym currently (The Montenotte) I only joined it as it was the cheapest when I did last year so I figured if I packed it in it wouldn't be costing me much. Thankfully I stuck at it and have lost 2.5 stone.
    Problem I have with it is its a poor enough gym and my access to a car is limited so getting up there frequently is tricky.

I'm living near two gyms, NRG and the Mardyke Arena.

NRG is a nice gym but they want €600 for 12 months, my wife is in UCC so I can get Student Partner rate in the Mardkye Arena for €290.

My real question is, is the Mardyke Arena very busy and is there long waits on machines? My main interest would be free weights and weight machines.
    I'll be going there plenty so while NRG is twice the price, the price is not the overriding factor.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Been honest it's tough too train in the maradyke with the sheer volumes of people (and talent in there) I used go there regularly. Now I do personal training in engerizied fitness in Togher with Darren o leary. If it's results you want that's the place I'd recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

I asked this in an old thread but I thought I'd bring it up here again.. Any 24/7 gyms open in Cork yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Been honest it's tough too train in the maradyke with the sheer volumes of people (and talent in there) I used go there regularly. Now I do personal training in engerizied fitness in Togher with Darren o leary. If it's results you want that's the place I'd recommend

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I asked this in an old thread but I thought I'd bring it up here again.. Any 24/7 gyms open in Cork yet? :)

Not yet, even one that opened around four or five would be dead handy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

11214 wrote: »
    Not yet, even one that opened around four or five would be dead handy imo.

To be honest it's pretty crazy.. Surely there must be a need for it in today's society with all kinds of weird working hours?

As for OP's question.. Can't you sign up for like a trial week? That way you can check out Mardyke arena and see what it's like. I think they can arrange it if you ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement