Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Audio equivalent for iOS/iPhone?

• 04-01-2016 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I just bought a chromecast audio, and realised that it's really geared for Android users. (Kinda obvious really I suppose ..)

I want to stream to my HiFi separates , instead of plugging in my phone all the time.

I use SoundCloud for music, which I can stream to my TV via AirPlay/ Apple TV - but SoundCloud have not 'cast enabled ' their App and no idea if they will soon, ditto for Apple Music which de missus uses.
    Any suggestions ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try picking up an Airport Express. It's a mini wireless router extender but also has audio out. I've one plugged into my speakers here and it'll forward any audio from an iOS device straight to the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tuttlinghorn

Zcott wrote: »
    Try picking up an Airport Express. It's a mini wireless router extender but also has audio out. I've one plugged into my speakers here and it'll forward any audio from an iOS device straight to the speakers.

Thanks Zcott. The description on Apple.com suggests it works with iTunes only but I think you are suggesting that it can stream via AirPlay / meaning Soundcloud should work fine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks Zcott. The description on Apple.com suggests it works with iTunes only but I think you are suggesting that it can stream via AirPlay / meaning Soundcloud should work fine ?

Yep SoundClound supports Airplay

+1 for the Airport Express ... Have one hooked up to my amp also. Have turned off wifi on my modem and use the Express for Wifi

You can get bluetooth adapters for Airplay ... But Airplay over Wifi is higher quality

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/blog/difference-between-airplay-bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tuttlinghorn

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Yep SoundClound supports Airplay

+1 for the Airport Express ... Have one hooked up to my amp also. Have turned off wifi on my modem and use the Express for Wifi

You can get bluetooth adapters for Airplay ... But Airplay over Wifi is higher quality

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/blog/difference-between-airplay-bluetooth

Thanks All, Airport Express it is. Bluetooth kills phone battery too quickly so wifi preferable.
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
Advertisement