Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores

Options
  • 04-01-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I ordered some Christmas things from Dunnes Stores on 11th December. I phoned them at least three times in the run up to Christmas, asking where the stuff was, each time they promised to call back but didn’t.

The order turned up today with some things I’d ordered from the UK, the courier put the Dunnes Stores box in my car, so I didn’t notice I had it until I got home. The box is damp and looks like someone has been playing football with it, it’s battered and full of holes.

Phones Dunnes’ customer service again, the operative started off with indifference but quickly slid into rudeness. She claimed that if I sent them a photo of the box, they would get back to me, as you can imagine, I’m not full of hope that this will happen.

Do Dunnes have a second line customer service, people who actually sort out complaints or make outgoing calls or is this going to turn into a three act tragedy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Not aware of any other CS department but you could try email, social media or post, harder to forget than a phone call.
    http://www.dunnesstores.com/faqs-contact-us/content/fcp-content

Why don't you could just send the photo as requested and escalate it from there if you don't get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Trudiha

Thanks. The photo has been sent and I've tweeted them, so far they are doing just as good a job of ignoring that as they managed with the phone calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Trudiha wrote: »
    Thanks. The photo has been sent and I've tweeted them, so far they are doing just as good a job of ignoring that as they managed with the phone calls.

In terms of them ignoring it, when did you email them?

Looks like you tweeted them an hour ago, but their twitter does say 'We're here 9am - 6pm Mon to Fri' so I'd say more likely that no one accessing their twitter at this time of the evening, rather than that they are ignoring it.

And if the order just turned up today I'm guessing that similarly they may not have accessed the email yet, rather than they are ignoring it.

I'd say give them a bit more time to respond, and hopefully it will getsorted.

Advertisement