Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime

Options
  • 04-01-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up for the free 30 day trail of Amazon Prime on December 2nd 2015 and stupidly forgot to cancel this before the 30 days were up. I found out today that I have now been charged €107 for a yearly subscription.

I do not want Amazon prime as it appears to be geared towards the UK market. For instance you cannot watch any of the Prime TV sows, Films etc if you are not in the UK. All of the free deliveries it offers on products are also for UK delivery only. So it appears I am paying for a service which I cannot use!

Is there any way I can cancel this and get a refund? I am only 2 days into my subscription

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

It's advised to go through their own site ("official channels")

On the link below, click Manage Prime. You'll be asked to sign in to your account and contact them directly.

You may be able to persuade them to cancel. Fingers crossed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=471044&ref_=nav_cs_help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

me_irl wrote: »
    It's advised to go through their own site ("official channels")

On the link below, click Manage Prime. You'll be asked to sign in to your account and contact them directly.

You may be able to persuade them to cancel. Fingers crossed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=471044&ref_=nav_cs_help

I see a section on that page asking would I like to change to monthly repayments with this below the button You will be refunded £79 for your current plan and will enjoy your Prime benefits for £7.99/month.

It then says this at the bottom of the page By clicking "Change to Monthly Payments", you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions and authorize us to charge your credit card on file. If you do not wish to continue for £7.99/month, you may cancel anytime by visiting Your Account and adjusting your membership settings.

This looks like I can change to monthly payments, get my €107 back and then cancel the monthly payments also or am I missing something here?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/primecentral/editMembership/ref=pc_em

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

When this happened me I just contacted customer support on amazon.co.uk and they were happy to refund me fully no problem.

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    When this happened me I just contacted customer support on amazon.co.uk and they were happy to refund me fully no problem.

Thanks, I'll try them and see

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eibhlin1106

Be careful as same happened to me. Money taken from my account yesterday and when I went to cancel today I was charged again !!! Was also charged €8.08 for Amazon Prime Video today. Was contacted by Amazon and found the guy VERY unhelpful. I asked him why I was charged after cancelling but he didn't have an answer for me and just said I'll be refunded - I also asked him could he guarantee that Amazon wouldn't take any more money from my account and he said Amazon will take no more from me and I can expect a refund within 3-5 days. NOT feeling confident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

In the early days of a contract, there's usually a cooling off period that allows for either party to terminate

As your contract has only started, I don't think they would refuse to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

they allowed me to cancel long after i signed up to both american and US ( my own stupidity)

Since its not available in ireland, you shouldnt be allowed sign up imo.

Amazon provide great customer service though so should sort for you no bother, like they did to me refunded straight away.

I was able to cancel from the manage my prime section in amazon. Got the money refunded into my account in a couple of days

Advertisement