Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

byte wrote: »
    The Paprika ones? Nyom! I think there's a Sour Cream & Cheese option too, though Paprika ftfw.
    When they run out..
    Open bag, sprinkle heavily, shake, shake, eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Nollog

byte wrote: »
    The Paprika ones? Nyom! I think there's a Sour Cream & Cheese option too, though Paprika ftfw.

I actually find them very oily. I was talking about the "low fat" ones. The crunch off them is unreal.

Lidl doing the white black friday too.
    7" tablet €60
    10" tablet €99
    15.6" laptop €300
    32" telly €200
    40" telly €330
    Printer €35

Oh they just put up a link now http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=948

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The crinkle cut lidl crisps are the best crisps I've ever had, while we're on the subject :p

They are fab I agree ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any link to the ones you're talking about?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    These ones.
    https://www.lidl.de/de/crusti-croc-crinkle-cut-paprika/p205929

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The Chilli Tortillas in LIDL are delicious as well , bargain at 75c for a big bag

crusti-croc-tortilla-chips-chili-zoom--1.jpg

http://m.nutracheck.co.uk/CaloriesIn/Product/59/Lidl+Snaktastic+Lights+Crinkle+Cut+Crisps+-+Salt+&+Vinegar+Flavour+25g?mobile=1

The only picture I can find. I'm on about these ones but they only come in variety I berieve.

snubbleste wrote: »
    http://m.nutracheck.co.uk/CaloriesIn/Product/59/Lidl+Snaktastic+Lights+Crinkle+Cut+Crisps+-+Salt+&+Vinegar+Flavour+25g?mobile=1

The only picture I can find. I'm on about these ones but they only come in variety I berieve.

LOL.....awkward :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

The Chilli Tortillas in LIDL are delicious as well , bargain at 75c for a big bag

They are cheaper I know but they aren't a patch on hot Doritos.

The crisps/tortillas themselves have a weird consistency and aren't hot at all which is old. There's a chilli flavour but no heat.

Id far rather pay a few euro for a proper bag of Doritos personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

While on the LIDL thread, LIDL are 'giving away' €500 shopping vouchers -EXCEPT- they are not giving them away cost is €8 a week. Just to be aware of this - my word- scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

joeysoap wrote: »
    While on the LIDL thread, LIDL are 'giving away' €500 shopping vouchers -EXCEPT- they are not giving them away cost is €8 a week. Just to be aware of this - my word- scam.

They're hardly gonna just give you a €500 shopping voucher now are they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Variety and cheese and onion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭styron

joeysoap wrote: »

If it's the "Lidl Ireland Gift Cards" it is a scam ... but nothing to do with Lidl themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I know, health brigade and all this, but these are awful and are LOADED in salt, like an unreal amount on them.

They have this artificial salty "chilli" flavour off them.

They are cheaper I know but they aren't a patch on hot Doritos.

The crisps/tortillas themselves have a weird consistency and aren't hot at all which is old. There's a chilli flavour but no heat.

Id far rather pay a few euro for a proper bag of Doritos personally.

Doritos are sickening imo, caked in powder.

Tinie wrote: »
    I know, health brigade and all this, but these are awful and are LOADED in salt, like an unreal amount on them.

They have this artificial salty "chilli" flavour off them.

Doritos have 1.37g per 100g and the ones I linked have 1.6g.

.23g per 100g more....."LOADED"= a load of bo11ocks!

Batchelors beans 4pk €1.74
    Breaded Chicken Gougons 700g €1.94
    Chocolate/Lemon/Carrot cake 99c
    Snacktastic 25pk crisps €1.39

My local sold out of Chicken Goujons @ 11am :mad:
    I had planned to stock up at that price. Looks like I was not the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

Stock levels are a joke.

Surely the idea is to supply the demand, not get a small amount in and annoy people

Herself just rang from lidl, Goujons gone.

This will put people off and then drive them to buy elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Seem so to be a case of just trying to get people in the door at this stage. A few weeks ago they had an offer on the Granola. Couldn't get the tropical fruit one anywhere, all the blue raisin one. They basically were clearing the over stock they had left of the blue one. That was in 2 separate lidls in limerick.

• Advertisement

I find in my local lidl they restock at around 2 or 3 on Saturday.
    Then the rest goes out Sunday morning.

jeffk wrote: »
    Stock levels are a joke.
    Surely the idea is to supply the demand, not get a small amount in and annoy people. This will put people off and then drive them to buy elsewhere
    I wouldn't go that far. Of the four offers, the goujons would be the most popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

snubbleste wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. Of the four offers, the goujons would be the most popular.
    Order more of that so

Surely the idea of business is to sell the most amount of items :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I work in retail, ( not for Lidl) and believe me that the suppliers are often struggling to meet the demand for popular product.

We send huge orders every day and receive 50-60% of what we ordered. Sometimes we receive nothing at all.

You have to look at it from other angle, they are not going to open another plant or hire dozens of people just because their product is on special offer.

This is all planned in advance, but there isn't a plot to get you in the door with an offer that doesn't exist.

Those goujons are nothing special anyway, I would rather have a real chicken breast anyway :) Half of it has more chicken than a pack of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Deansgrange had a shelf full of goujons about 13:00 today. Large numbers of cakes and crisps too. Didn't see (or look for) the beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Deansgrange had a shelf full of goujons about 13:00 today. Large numbers of cakes and crisps too. Didn't see (or look for) the beans.

I was in deansgrange and they appeared to out of the goujons, however considered the beans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

jeffk wrote: »
    Stock levels are a joke.

Surely the idea is to supply the demand, not get a small amount in and annoy people

Herself just rang from lidl, Goujons gone.

This will put people off and then drive them to buy elsewhere

Yep, spot on. I've got there at 11am for offers on a few occasions and sold out already.
    The nappies one was crazy, I arrived at 9.45 and they'd sold out. How can you be sold out of a "weekend offer" at 9.45am on a saturday morning?

Surely there should be a "3 items per customer thingy for sales to stop one smart-arse filling their trolley with the sale item and leaving none for the other customers?
    If there is such a system then it is NOT enforced.

And you're quite right about it annoying customers. Between that and them not stocking passata anymore (I use tonnes of the stuff), I switched back to Aldi.

Lidl for bread alright but after that let them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Just for people complaining about then being sold out I was in lidl at 8.15 this morning and the gougons were all gone!! The place was rammed though but in the staffs defense they were enforcing the 5 item limit so fortunately managed to get some but I'd say they had put at least 150 packs out (if not more), if they put out 3 times the amount I'd be surprised if they lasted til half past.

People are justified in being annoyed but theyd needed to have all their fridges full of the bloody things to satisfy demand and even if they did I'd be surprised if they lasted til 2 on Saturday afternoon.

The crisps were walking out the door too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Heaps of Goujons at my local Lidl this evening,

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

the nappies one was crazy, I arrived at 9.45 and they'd sold out. How can you be sold out of a "weekend offer" at 9.45am on a saturday morning

Customers buying them in vast numbers or a vast number of customers buying them.

Advertisement