Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

vicwatson wrote: »
    That Basmati Rice was a steal at 99c a bag.

Probably why it was cleaned out in Carrick-on-Shannon LIDL by 9.30 Saturday morning. I think the limit of 10 per customer was a bit too generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Probably why it was cleaned out in Carrick-on-Shannon LIDL by 9.30 Saturday morning. I think the limit of 10 per customer was a bit too generous.

I went in after 12 on Saturday in my local and there was boxes and boxes of it still there. Have enough for 9 months with the 10 bags, happy out. Could have took twenty bags as bb is 2019 but decided not to be greedy !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

damian139 wrote: »
    Next week

bit better than the last couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

damian139 wrote: »
    Next week

At last a decent selection.... last few weeks have been dire :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭naughto

Pigs will fly next week

Off the shelf that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭NATLOR

joeysoap wrote: »
    3 tins (same size as in special) of Heinz beans are in dealz for €1.50.

Dealz ones are only 300g, full size are 410g

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

What are the pies like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

yellow hen wrote: »
    What are the pies like?

To be honest, we thought they were bad, not even worth eating once we cooked them, had to make alternative dinners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

The chicken and Tarragon pies are lovely. Nice flaky pastry and good filling. Very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

The prawn rings were impossible to get in my neck of the woods yesterday. Very disappointing 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

No ham filllets at all
    Staff said all gone
    But no way
    No sign even out :-(

Tried both days

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Same - 8:30 AM Sat. No sign, no ham fillets or steak pies - stacks of the iffy chicken ones. Annoying to be dragged out that early under false pretenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Couldnt sleep saturday morning so went to lidl at opening to get some of the hams or pies. Got them grand, but my feckin God!!! the stampede for the oil was unreal. Thought there might be a mini riot. Couldnt even get down the aisles where the oil was. People with baskets and trolleys full of oil trying to organise family members to take 10 at a time through till. By 8:05 there wasnt a bottle of oil left on a shelf or in the pallets/boxes. The ham, pies and prawns were easy got though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

What would you need that much oil for? I got 2, wondered at the time if I needed the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

Diesel cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Ethnic restaurants I would guess judging by the lads in the queues I saw over the weekend with 10 x Veg Oils in their trolleys and little else

Went to my local Lidl yesterday morning when they opened. Not a thing left :mad:. They seem to put everything out on the Saturday and when it's gone, it's gone. I did mention it to one of the workers the last time it happened and asked them would they not consider keeping half of the stock for the Sunday shoppers who could not get there on Saturday. They obviously don't give a fiddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Went to my local Lidl yesterday morning when they opened. Not a thing left :mad:. They seem to put everything out on the Saturday and when it's gone, it's gone. I did mention it to one of the workers the last time it happened and asked them would they not consider keeping half of the stock for the Sunday shoppers who could not get there on Saturday. They obviously don't give a fiddlers.

Why would they keep half the stock in fairness, surely it makes more sense to just sell the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭NATLOR

In my local Lidl 9.30 Sat morning,no pies,ham or prawns :mad:

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    Why would they keep half the stock in fairness, surely it makes more sense to just sell the stuff

Because they're advertised as 'super weekend savers' so there should be some available for the Sunday!

Because they're advertised as 'super weekend savers' so there should be some available for the Sunday!

'Please note specials have limited availability'...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

lmao. "Please delay your profit-making so that I, your most-valued customer, may avail of cheap deals"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,209 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The purpose of the weekend savers surely is to get people into the store not just to buy the loss leaders in the saver deal, but to do a general shop there too... LIDL aren't making money selling these, they want to make the money when someone does their rest of the shop there and buys their bread, milk, eggs, wine, toilet rolls, etc etc
    Do we think that's what the buy 10 bottles of oil crowd are doing???
    How is that helping either LIDL's bottom line, OR public profile, if someone goes into LIDL at 8am and buys 10 of all the loss leaders, and nothing else?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The purpose of the weekend savers surely is to get people into the store not just to buy the loss leaders in the saver deal, but to do a general shop there too... LIDL aren't making money selling these, they want to make the money when someone does their rest of the shop there and buys their bread, milk, eggs, wine, toilet rolls, etc etc
    Do we think that's what the buy 10 bottles of oil crowd are doing???
    How is that helping either LIDL's bottom line, OR public profile, if someone goes into LIDL at 8am and buys 10 of all the loss leaders, and nothing else?

People will still go and check and probably still get their bits while there anyway so I'd say they don't really care, I don't think it does anything to their public profile except in the eyes of a few customers who, if that annoyed by losing out on the 4 usually cat enough deals, won't be big losses

• Registered Users Posts: 29,209 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

jive wrote: »
    People will still go and check and probably still get their bits while there anyway so I'd say they don't really care, I don't think it does anything to their public profile except in the eyes of a few customers who, if that annoyed by losing out on the 4 usually cat enough deals, won't be big losses

They're not running the promo for the people who will be in LIDL regardless.
    They're running the promo for the people who maybe they go to Tesco, or ALDI, or Supervalu etc instead
    After 2-3 times checking people just give up because they've figured out there's no point in going to LIDL specifically for the saver deal.
    If the only customers who care about the deals won't be big losses to them, why are they worth winning with a promo?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Specifically delayed my Friday shop in Lidl till Saturday to avail of the half price pies but at 12 there was none left. In three attempts of trying to avail of their weekend offers Ive never actually been successful. So from now on Im just gonna ignore them, theres no point in going down if its a case of very limited stock, its not worth the hassle imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

may well be having an adverse effect, Aldi have gone ahead of them in market share

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/battle-in-the-supermarket-aisles-dunnes-takes-top-spot-1.2973639

• Registered Users Posts: 6,655 ✭✭✭SteM

may well be having an adverse effect, Aldi have gone ahead of them in market share

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/battle-in-the-supermarket-aisles-dunnes-takes-top-spot-1.2973639

I doubt it's down to lack of availability of weekend super-saver deals. I'd guess it's to do with the fact that people generally seem to see Aldi quality as being better than Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,456 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I may be wrong about this now but I think a big problem with the availability of super six's is
    They get X amount of box's sent to every store regardless off the footfall of the store or population of the town.
    I've seen here people say I can't get this and that at 9am and I could find it in my Lidl that afternoon with no issue.
    I also experienced this at Christmas with their 12 days of Christmas.

Advertisement