Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I know the boardsie's who post in the Lidl bargains have a hard on for toilet roll offers. Hmmmm wet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Next weekend is pretty poor,
    33% off seems to be the new discount

Champagne or Ice tea?

423746.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

CH3OH wrote: »
    Next weekend is pretty poor,
    33% off seems to be the new discount

Champagne or Ice tea?

423746.jpg

Champagne has gone up €4 since it was last on offer.

My local store had no signs about this weeks offers, and with the lesser reduction perhaps they are on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Champagne has gone up €4 since it was last on offer.

My local store had no signs about this weeks offers, and with the lesser reduction perhaps they are on the way out.
    They are not. But its going to be 33% off from now on afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

That pretty much sucks. Ah well.

The two things Lidl had going for them were the 1/2 price offers at weekends and the bread. (imo)

Aldi for me from now on. Slightly better quality overall and I'll forgo the bread.

• Advertisement

The two things Lidl had going for them were the 1/2 price offers at weekends and the bread. (imo)

Aldi for me from now on. Slightly better quality overall and I'll forgo the bread.

Aldi testing a fresh bakery in some stores, so you might get it soon ;)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/aldi-invests-60m-in-project-fresh-revamp-1.3138355

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Am I the only one that finds the bready tremendously doughy? Even when you can cut it, you can see it sticking together where it hasn't been cooked out enough.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Am I the only one that finds the bready tremendously doughy? Even when you can cut it, you can see it sticking together where it hasn't been cooked out enough.

Yeh can be very hit and miss.

I usually get low GI brown cob and thankfully that one seems to be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I find Supervalu breads really good, a bit too good though :o

I find that as the offers have been so bad lately, I've pretty much given up on Lidl. Aldi or supervalu all the way now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Lovely jubbly :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think our Aldi's extension is being delayed by people from the historical society appealing.]]

yellow hen wrote: »

I remember reading here about the Lidl bread and expecting something brilliant. We were really disappointed. I also had it told other people and they were wondering what I was on about because they all felt it was nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's all frozen and then thrown in the oven so it's never going to taste great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RasTa wrote: »
    It's all frozen and then thrown in the oven so it's never going to taste great

that's the same in most supermarkets - I've generally found the Lidl bread quite good compared to our local SuperValu where they seem to underbake the bread. It depends on the loaf really - Tesco's regular baguettes are fairly meh, but their "Rustic" baguettes are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭1641

I remember reading here about the Lidl bread and expecting something brilliant. We were really disappointed. I also had it told other people and they were wondering what I was on about because they all felt it was nothing special.

Have to agree with this. I was amazed when I tasted it - and not in a good way. Perhaps if it hadn't been hyped it would have been ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Lidl brown bread is the best you can buy imo, same for their cheese and onion rolls which are my go-to sandwich rolls when Im feeling lazy after work, agree about the rest of their bakery stuff though, very "fake" tasting. Not as bad as the utter muck Tesco are crapping out of their so called bakery these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Why oh why did they stop the goats cheese foccacia. Seemed to always sell well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

TheDriver wrote: »

I Agree, the chilli cheese replacement isn't bad though either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

2 burgers, gluten free crisps, juice and Heinz ketchup

https://www.lidl.ie/en/super-savers.htm?id=63&week=1

Officially no longer worth the effort. Even the juice is still over a euro a pop.

/thread dies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It was good while it lasted. Over to you Tesco and Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

123654789 wrote: »
    2 burgers, gluten free crisps, juice and Heinz ketchup

https://www.lidl.ie/en/super-savers.htm?id=63&week=1

Officially no longer worth the effort. Even the juice is still over a euro a pop.

/thread dies

Aye, a bit of a shame. No longer Super anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TheDriver wrote: »

Agreed, I loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

vicwatson wrote: »
    Agreed, I loved that.

Me too yum yum!! Have to say the weekend SuperSaver deals recently are dire nothing of any interest at all :(

My Local Lidl has even stopped advertising the weekend savers in store, no signs and they moved to the end where all the sh**e is.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I'm so sad no more half price offers at the weekend ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My Local Lidl has even stopped advertising the weekend savers in store, no signs and they moved to the end where all the sh**e is.

One man's Shíte is another man's chorizo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

One man's Shíte is another man's chorizo.

and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭Nollog

lcO9nl0.jpg

Our friends in the north still get 50% off. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Tinie wrote: »
    It was good while it lasted. Over to you Tesco and Aldi.

You'll be waiting a while for Tesco to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I thought next week's offer on chicken legs looked ok until I looked at the fine print:

HUeyJVj.jpg

(25% less for the same 'special offer' = hurrah!)

Advertisement