Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stocked up on a few packs of the barbecue and a few hot and spicy chicken wings in Lidl, anyone know if they're nice? Cant compalain for 1.66 anyway, loads left in Bray this time too, they're usually gone by the time I get to them.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

gizmo81 wrote: »

Lidl GB rather as NI is part of Lidl Ireland (so you'll probably have to cross the Irish Sea to avail of this offer).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What's that film again - gone in 60 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Anyone hear the dentists report about the massive increase in tooth decay because of peoples consumption of Proscecco?? Just sayin' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭anewme

et101 wrote: »
    Anyone hear the dentists report about the massive increase in tooth decay because of peoples consumption of Proscecco?? Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Some of the cheap Proseccos (frizantes) really remind me of sugared water. You can nearly feel it rotting your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Thargor wrote: »

If they were giving it away for free I wouldnt join that queue.

Thargor wrote: »
    Stocked up on a few packs of the barbecue and a few hot and spicy chicken wings in Lidl, anyone know if they're nice? Cant compalain for 1.66 anyway, loads left in Bray this time too, they're usually gone by the time I get to them.
    Barbecue ones are very nice anyway, didnt realise they were precooked in the pack and ready to eat. Tbh they weren't and I have no idea why they say that! Once Id crisped them up for 10-12 minutes on max in the Airfryer they were lovely though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Two Weekend Super Savers this coming weekend are 50% Envita Breakfast Biscuits and Vitafit Orange/apple juice.

The other two are 33% Turkey steaks and pop corn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

In Lidl today and special price still on wings.

The same happened on a Monday before around 9-10am on a few things in the same branch. Chanced my arm and bought some then said to staff about honoring price, which is not the easiest thing to do in broken English(staff not me) and got nowhere.

Got onto them on facebook, lazy or sneaky and will catch people out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Got a leaflet in the door for lidl st Margaret's finglas. Seem to be rolling out a loyalty/reward card. Card is attached to the leaflet. At the moment it says only valid in finglas but other stores may roll it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Slunk wrote: »
    Got a leaflet in the door for lidl st Margaret's finglas. Seem to be rolling out a loyalty/reward card. Card is attached to the leaflet. At the moment it says only valid in finglas but other stores may roll it out.

That had that offer running in Clonmel store earlier this month with the same offers. The staff just had a fob at the counter and pallets of freebies where you pack up, was a bit of a free for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

The loyalty card would be great if it expands to other stores

• Registered Users Posts: 33,571 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What has the world come to when hundreds are queuing outside a Lidl?

noble00 wrote: »

It's only for new/refurbished stores and valid only for a few weeks after (re)opening to avail of certain special offers. The cards are generic and are not registered to the users.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

That's a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

noble00 wrote: »

I liked Lidl/Aldi as they avoided these gimmicks ie they gave you constant low prices. Rather than low prices, if you shopped x times per month using your card, brought your vouchers mailed to you and had your card with you.

I want real value always, not value with gimmicks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NIMAN wrote: »
    What has the world come to when hundreds are queuing outside a Lidl?
    Many people seemingly do not put a value on their own time, or realise it. You had people wasting an hour of their own time to save 4euro on a fish n chips on national chipper day. The reddit post said there was no limit on the wine, many may have been queuing for an hour or more might have got nothing. If a limit was put in place then the savings might have been minimal.

I expect if their neighbour asked them to queue for something for them, and offered 10-20euro an hour they would tell them to go to hell, yet do the same for possibly a fraction of that.
    Quackster wrote: »
    It's only for new/refurbished stores and valid only for a few weeks after (re)opening to avail of certain special offers. The cards are generic and are not registered to the users.
    I got the card & vouchers in the door for one near enough to me in sallynoggin, however the locals nearest it did not get them. I used the vouchers in tesco and gave the card for other free items to someone local who got none in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Slunk wrote: »

We didn't get anything like that when Terenure opened a few years ago 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

We didn't get anything like that when Terenure opened a few years ago ��

It was a "green field" site then - to be fair, the two weeks around the Aldi opening there was 20% off food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

We didn't get anything like that when Terenure opened a few years ago 😔

They've been rolling this out very cautiously. Came across it in Dundalk or Drogheda 6 months ago and saw it somewhere in the West recently. It's a loyalty card that you can use to access certain occasional special offers. One I saw was 30% of all meat if your shop was over €30.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    They've been rolling this out very cautiously. Came across it in Dundalk or Drogheda 6 months ago and saw it somewhere in the West recently. It's a loyalty card that you can use to access certain occasional special offers. One I saw was 30% of all meat if your shop was over €30.

It really isn't a loyalty card. It's merely a reusable generic voucher that's valid for only a few weeks after a store opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

We didn't get anything like that when Terenure opened a few years ago ��
    If you live close to the shop you might not get them. I spoke to a few people in sallynoggin who did not get them when a new lidl opened. People a few miles away in all directions did get them.
    Quackster wrote: »
    It really isn't a loyalty card. It's merely a reusable generic voucher that's valid for only a few weeks after a store opens.
    People who object to the idea of loyalty cards would also likely not like to see these cards.

e.g.
    I liked Lidl/Aldi as they avoided these gimmicks ie they gave you constant low prices. Rather than low prices, if you shopped x times per month using your card, brought your vouchers mailed to you and had your card with you.

I want real value always, not value with gimmicks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Water John

New Lidl near CUMH, Wilton, Cork nearly ready to open. Aldi across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

What's on next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Nappies...1/3 off
    Chef Slect Ribs....1/3 off
    Energy drink....50% off
    Foil wrapped cakes 50% off

The nappies used to always be half price during the weekend sales previously. They really sre cutting back on the saver deals...."Lidl, becoming more Irish than the Irish themselves"!

50% off is back 16th-17th Sept

Irish honeycomb/mint choc chip 1 litre now 99c
    Trolli jelly mix 1kg now 1.99
    Solevita nectar/apple juice drink 1.5L 59c
    Inishmara Irish mackerel fillets 300g 1.49

50% off is back 16th-17th Sept

Irish honeycomb/mint choc chip 1 litre now 99c
    Trolli jelly mix 1kg now 1.99
    Solevita nectar/apple juice drink 1.5L 59c
    Inishmara Irish mackerel fillets 300g 1.49