Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

That article is dated December 2015 and was overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I find it strange how the UK supreme court can overturn an EU court ruling but thanks for the info!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I find it strange how the UK supreme court can overturn an EU court ruling but thanks for the info!

The ECJ ruling was basically that it was up to the relevant national court to make a final decision.

Even if/when the Oireachtas passes this bill, the President still has to sign it into law (and could theoretically send it to the Supreme Court to test its constitutionality).

And even after all that, the relevant minister has to sign a commencement order to cause the legislation to actually come into effect. I'd expect the minister to do similar to the Scottish Government and give six months' notice of commencement to allow businesses time to adjust. So we're looking at late autumn at the earliest.

And then there's always the possibility of a third party legal action after the bill is enacted but before it's commenced delaying things still further.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,530 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sat 25th - Sun 25th February!
    Cafe gold 500g was €3.99 now €1.99.
    Mini Multigrain snacks sweet chilli & sour cream and pepper was €1.99 now 99c.
    Premium Dog Food 3KG was €3.69 now €1.84.
    Chianti DOCG Riserva 2016 was €6.99 now €3.49.
    Colour/2 in 1/Bio and Non-Bio Liquid tabs 20 tabs was €3.79 now €1.89.
    Chardonnay Pays d'0C IGP 2016 was €6.99 now €3.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,791 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought this was a mistake but it is actually Chianti two weekends in a row, this weekend it's the slightly more expensive 2013 Riserva... tempting...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Does anyone know the typical limits on how many of the items (like the booze) you can purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭amber2

Not sure if it applies to drink, But usually the limit is 10 per person.

KOR101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the typical limits on how many of the items (like the booze) you can purchase?

Limits on grocery items can range from 5-10 in my experience the odd time it might be higher or lower.
    Often though they take notice of these limits depending on the store and who you meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Limits on grocery items can range from 5-10 in my experience the odd time it might be higher or lower.
    Often though they take notice of these limits depending on the store and who you meet!

Or do 2 or 3 transactions!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,966 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Or do 2 or 3 transactions!
    It's per customer, plus they are strict.
    Otherwise they get complaints about running out of stock

• Advertisement

zell12 wrote: »
    It's per customer, plus they are strict.
    Otherwise they get complaints about running out of stock

My store isn't to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

They get complaints anyway, I reckon. I've never been able to get my hands on half price red.

My store don't care, they've often put through multiple transactions for me for the same item.

My store don't care, they've often put through multiple transactions for me for the same item.
    That would pee me off, as there is no stock left by Sunday afternoon

My local LIDL is D3, they are strict about 1 case per customer, so 6 bottles.
    But if it's a couple doing the shop, they will do 2 transactions, one per person.

Even then, on a Saturday if it's a good wine it'll be gone by lunchtime if not sooner :(
    Reds seem to sell out quicker than white.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The cashiers are meant to get bonuses or have their preformance rated somehow on how many customers they get through, so it might be in their interest to allow people circumvent the supposed rules.

rubadub wrote: »
    The cashiers are meant to get bonuses or have their preformance rated somehow on how many customers they get through, so it might be in their interest to allow people circumvent the supposed rules.

They don't get bonuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Were are the bargains ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Sat 24th - Sun 25th February!
    Anyone any opinions on this one, or the 2013 vintage tomorrow?

Anyone any opinions on this one, or the 2013 vintage tomorrow?

Haven't had the 2013 Chianti yet, the 2016 Chianti is lovely - but it needs to breathe. I had half a bottle first night and it was ok, the second half the followng night was a lot nicer. You would think it had turned into a more expensive wine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Has anyone been able to get the veggie burgers that are on special this weekend. Tried Glasnevin but there was a sign up saying that due to some problem, they were unavailable. Just wondering is it all branches or just this branch otherwise I'll try some of the other stores tomorrow

et101 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get the veggie burgers that are on special this weekend. Tried Glasnevin but there was a sign up saying that due to some problem, they were unavailable. Just wondering is it all branches or just this branch otherwise I'll try some of the other stores tomorrow

Ring them and ask do the stores have them!

1800 347 447

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Anyone notice any of the XXL 1 kilo bags of coffee beans in any Dublin stores? Had them in stock a few weeks ago. Thanks

Anyone notice any of the XXL 1 kilo bags of coffee beans in any Dublin stores? Had them in stock a few weeks ago. Thanks
    Next weekend
    wY9Umuo.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

et101 wrote: »

They had some in Bray, but only very few left by around 2 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

B0jangles wrote: »
    They had some in Bray, but only very few left by around 2 o'clock.

Had very few Veggie Burgers in Sligo at 10.30. They seemed to have cleared the stock from normal freezer into a corner of specials freezer.

Toilet rolls were almost gone and Chianti was starting to fly. I could only find 2014 instead of 2013 that was advertised...was reduced alright..don't know if 2013 is any better than 2014 vintage!!!

Were they enforcing the quota per customer?
    As we see, boardsies are complaining about non-availability

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

zell12 wrote: »
    Were they enforcing the quota per customer?
    As we see, boardsies are complaining about non-availability[/QUOTE

I saw a fair few people leaving Lidl in Glasnevin with boxes of wine so it would seem that the quota was NOT being enforced, which I find very annoying. It would be nice if everyone could get a bite of the cherry....... or maybe I'm just pedantic!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Plenty of vegi burgers in Clifden but as other poster said they have been moved to a different freezer across from the milk section. Limit of 10 per customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Didn't see anyone with anymore than a 6pk of wine. Limit on other things clearly marked as 10.

Advertisement