Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

et101 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get the veggie burgers that are on special this weekend. Tried Glasnevin but there was a sign up saying that due to some problem, they were unavailable. Just wondering is it all branches or just this branch otherwise I'll try some of the other stores tomorrow

Plenty in Ballyfermot this morning. Moved from their usual place in the top freezers to the floor ones. Toilet rolls nearly gone as usual but quite a bit of wine. More white than red. I was there at 10.30 just in case! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Plenty veggie burgers, toilet tissue, red and white wine in Kenmare at 5pm.

Limit of 6 of each of the wine, 10 on the toilet tissue and didn't look at the veggie burgers.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

et101 wrote: »
    zell12 wrote: »
    Were they enforcing the quota per customer?
    As we see, boardsies are complaining about non-availability[/QUOTE

I saw a fair few people leaving Lidl in Glasnevin with boxes of wine so it would seem that the quota was NOT being enforced, which I find very annoying. It would be nice if everyone could get a bite of the cherry....... or maybe I'm just pedantic!!! ;)
    1 case of each type of wine from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone notice any of the XXL 1 kilo bags of coffee beans in any Dublin stores? Had them in stock a few weeks ago. Thanks

I am pretty sure they are a mix of robusta and arbica and not worth it tbh - very poor quality.
    Italiamo is coming up over the next week or so and the Italiamo 1kg beans are 100% arabica and whilst not amazing, definitely drinkable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

All Chianti and toilet paper gone in Nenagh at 4pm Got a bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc and it's just like Villa Maria for 4.50 a bottle, Missus was well impressed. It's an absolute steal. Have to go back tomorrow for more if it's there. Gets great reviews on vivino aswell

• Advertisement

All Chianti and toilet paper gone in Nenagh at 4pm Got a bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc and it's just like Villa Maria for 4.50 a bottle, Missus was well impressed. It's an absolute steal. Have to go back tomorrow for more if it's there. Gets great reviews on vivino aswell

That's good to know, I got 6 bottles of each today and haven't tried either yet.

I remember working for a wine importer before the euro came in and Villa Maria was his top tip that time for best overall value in wine under 20 pounds.

I think it was around the 8 to 10 punts, my memory is a bit hazy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭zell12

2uiEzP2.jpg?1
    Baking ingredients reduced next week
    oucuMw1.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,530 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tin foil at last we're down to our last roll since it was last on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Us too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Conspiracy Theorists ?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Not weekend specials but I noticed 4 Easter eggs for €4 today, these are the eggs that are 3 for €5 in Dunnes and €1.50 each in dealsz. Marked €2.49 each or 4 for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I could open my own toilet paper shop at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I counted 75 cases of the chianti in Artane at 10pm... I would say half gone by 1030. Less cases of white maybe 25 but they were going more slowly.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

tried the NZ white last week offer wine it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Barr

That Chianti is an unreal bargain, 3.49 :eek: no way it will be around to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Barr wrote: »
    That Chianti is an unreal bargain, 3.49 :eek: no way it will be around to long.

It really is a lovely wine... and while 3.49 seems cheap, that's probably what people elsewhere pay for it in LIDLs around Europe i.e. no rip off wine levies.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Whets the Coffee like that's half price this week.
    Is it standard coffee or for a machine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Nollog

GY A1 wrote: »
    Whets the Coffee like that's half price this week.
    Is it standard coffee or for a machine

They're ground beans. I use it in a coffatieeer or whatever it's called. It's good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,530 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sat 10th - Sun 11th!
    Tonic Water 6x250ml €2.29 now €1.14.
    Triple Chocolate cake was €1.99 now 99c.
    Cave PO Brut was €10.99 now €5.49.
    Amidala pralines was €2.79 now €1.39.
    Raspberry Ripple and Vanilla ice-cream was €1.29 now 64c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Sat 10th - Sun 11th!
    Tonic Water 6x250ml €2.29 now €1.14.

Off to search the booze deals thread for Gin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Is that tonic water any decent?

I buy it at full price weekly and it is better than another well known brand in my humble opinion.

I'll be stocking up!

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It really is a lovely wine... and while 3.49 seems cheap, that's probably what people elsewhere pay for it in LIDLs around Europe i.e. no rip off wine levies.

I was in a Lidl in Germany a couple of weeks ago and the prices there would make you want to emigrate.

Top class Prosecco 2.79, 700ml vodka 8 euro, punnet of huge strawberries 99c.

All other wines and beers similarly % prices.

Bang on the ball about that Sauvignon Blanc!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Bang on the ball about that Sauvignon Blanc!

Never got a chance to get more of it before offer finished. Will definitely stock up if it comes up on offer again

• Registered Users Posts: 73,453 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, it’s nice enough, got it for the same price before Christmas too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Never got a chance to get more of it before offer finished. Will definitely stock up if it comes up on offer again

To be fair at under €9 a bottle being its normal price it's v good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Great deals in Lidl, Jobstown AND Fortunestown, their practically giving the stuff away to customers that arrive in a digger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Great deals in Lidl, Jobstown AND Fortunestown, their practically giving the stuff away to customers that arrive in a digger :)

This is not after hours, that won’t be tolerated here even if you meant it as a joke.

30 people have lost jobs, and effected hundreds more in the community so it’s not a laughing matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Weekend Savers cancelled! ...not a lot of anything else down my local!

Advertisement