Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,530 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th April!
    Hot/Mild Chicken Wings 750g was €2.69 now €1.34.
    Café Gold 500g was €3.99 now €1.99.
    Saramago Alentejano was €7.99 now €3.99.
    2ply luxury Toilet Tissue 9 pack was €2.89 now €1.44.
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750g was €3.24 now €1.64.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Saturday 7th - Sunday 8th April!
    Hot/Mild Chicken Wings 750g was €2.69 now €1.34.
    Café Gold 500g was €3.99 now €1.99.
    Saramago Alentejano was €7.99 now €3.99.
    2ply luxury Toilet Tissue 9 pack was €2.89 now €1.44.
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750g was €3.24 now €1.64.

Those hot chicken wings are the business, my youngest lad wanted them for breakfast yesterday.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Bogroll back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Hot chicken wings and bog roll. The cause and the cure in the same offer. Doesn't get much better than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hot chicken wings and bog roll. The cause and the cure in the same offer. Doesn't get much better than that!

If only they had sudocrem on offer :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Those hot chicken wings are the business, my youngest lad wanted them for breakfast yesterday.

+1 on this, I will be stocking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Those hot chicken wings are the business.

are the wings already cooked?

I know they are frozen, but would be handier and less messy if they are already cooked.

rubadub wrote: »
    are the wings already cooked?

I know they are frozen, but would be handier and less messy if they are already cooked.

Just had a look at the back of the bag there and it says "spicy cooked, seasoned chicken wings".

That surprised me to be honest, they take 25 minutes in the oven straight from the freezer and they are very tasty in fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Some great offers here with Lidl weekend savers, unfortunately my nearest Lidl is a bit far away. I do not suppose Aldi do anything similar ;)

Phil1969 wrote: »
    Some great offers here with Lidl weekend savers, unfortunately my nearest Lidl is a bit far away. I do not suppose Aldi do anything similar ;)

No, just the weekly super 6 on meats and veg

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    No, just the weekly super 6 on meats and veg

Cheers VIC, I like the veggies but not noticed the meats, will need to take a proper look.

I think I need to take a walk over to Lidl, it is a 4km walk but at least I get some exercise too!! Pointless paying for the bus, kinda defeats the object :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Get a bike.

I don't even have a shop within 4km never mind a Lidl.

Phil1969 wrote: »
    Cheers VIC, I like the veggies but not noticed the meats, will need to take a proper look.

I think I need to take a walk over to Lidl, it is a 4km walk but at least I get some exercise too!! Pointless paying for the bus, kinda defeats the object :D

There’s a full thread on the ALDI super 6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106540687

vicwatson wrote: »
    There’s a full thread on the ALDI super 6

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106540687

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just had a look at the back of the bag there and it says "spicy cooked, seasoned chicken wings".
    Great, this means you do not have to worry about them being cooked through. You could put them on a george foreman grill or heat in a pan. And can safely defrost them in the fridge without worrying about raw meat juices.

Saturday 14th - Sunday 15th April.
    Premium Complete Dog Food 3KG €3.49 now €1.74.
    Kids Still Water 12X250ML was €2.95 now €1.47.
    Douro DO Red Wine was €7.49 now €3.74.
    Oxi Stain Remover 1KG was €3.49 now €1.74.
    Manuka Honey Blend 250G was €6.99 now €3.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

Does anyone know what the customer quota is on the weekend saver items? Thanks.

bonsai_73 wrote: »

It can vary from four to ten in my experience but it depends on your local store. My one is reasonable enough about quota's if they still have a good bit left on the Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

It can vary from four to ten in my experience but it depends on your local store. My one is reasonable enough about quota's if they still have a good bit left on the Saturday afternoon.

Thanks. I suppose if they're strict about it I can go through twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Thanks. I suppose if they're strict about it I can go through twice.

I have gone through twice on numerous occasions and nothing was said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I go to the lidl in artane whenever the dog food is onsale and buy about 12 bags so they dont seem to be too strict in that branch anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Lidl half hour specials if you live in Blanch, 3 shops emptied before half eight

A ethnic minority queueing outside and took them all a worker told me

Seen 3 of them going into another shop so there's say 30 likely. Followed him, said looking for wings, said yeah and one other shop empty, said yeah so is another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭xpletiv

That doesnt bode well... im just about to go down to my local lidl to get my stock. Heres hoping...

Also no wings in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nicolaed1

Also no wings in Waterford

jeffk wrote: »
    Lidl half hour specials if you live in Blanch, 3 shops emptied before half eight

A ethnic minority queueing outside and took them all a worker told me

Seen 3 of them going into another shop so there's say 30 likely. Followed him, said looking for wings, said yeah and one other shop empty, said yeah so is another

What the heck is "A ethnic minority"?

Is everyone gonna being eating Lidl wings in pubs/restaurants over the next while?

vicwatson wrote:
    What the heck is "A ethnic minority"?

A PC term used to keep people happy

• Advertisement

Limit of 10 bags of the chicken wings per customer in Kenmare, I took the 8 and there was plenty more left.

Loads of the other half price offers on display and plenty 6 for 4 of the wines.

Also plenty fillet steaks for 4 euro and what I hope is going to be a lovely beef roulade for a tenner.

I'll probably come back as a teetotal vegan in the next life for me sins.

Advertisement