Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Lots in Lidl Walkinstown, lots of toilet roll in several spaces of the shop, olive oil, but do look to be moving a lot of the chicken wings quickly.

The wine didnt appeal, wonder if it is any good though, someone let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Chicken wings cleared out in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

vicwatson wrote: »
    What the heck is "A ethnic minority"?

Local culchies

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Limit of 10 bags of the chicken wings per customer.

10 is way too much, should be 4 or 5.

Do lidl typically restock these items the next day? i.e. is there any chance of getting them tomorrow, as I presume they would be gone in my local one by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

rubadub wrote: »

Do lidl typically restock these items the next day? i.e. is there any chance of getting them tomorrow, as I presume they would be gone in my local one by now.

I presume they will be stocking them throughout the day and probably hold some back for tomorrow.

The managers in Lidl are very well trained and competent from my personal experience and I would guess have a little freedom in how they manage their individual store.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,530 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The impression I get is nearly all Lidl stores get in a few pallets of an item. No matter what the size of the town is.
    I know my local Lidl just restocks on Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are these wings even supposed to be nice?

Thargor wrote: »

Tell ya in about 45 minutes, just threw some on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

xpletiv wrote: »
    The wine didnt appeal, wonder if it is any good though, someone let me know ;)

White wine seems to be less popular less than sparkling and red. Next week's is a Portuguese red which I picked up in a previous weekend saver.

General message to all bargain hunters... this red requires special handling, decanting etc so leave this one to the pros ... I don't want to get there and find it's all gone by 11am!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

They're grand, they're pretty much exactly what you get in shops hot bar. Very convenient though I suppose.

• Advertisement

Chicken wings were great, maybe a little bit oily, but very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

well Rows Grower is obviously a lidl shill, claiming to have bought 8 bags. Spoofer trying to drum up sales.

I can tell you know the wings are utterly vile, especially the ones sold in the lidl in deansgrange or pottery road, so do not buy any from there. ;):pac:

Just looking for comparison and tesco have 500g for 2.50

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295686364

so even at full price the
    Hot/Mild Chicken Wings 750g was €2.69 now €1.34.

seems relatively good. However the tesco ones do not appear to be cooked as the cooking instructions talk about checking to see juices run clear. So the lidl price seems even better as the tesco weight would drop if they were cooked.

1kg of raw wings is 3euro in tesco, but these include wing tips which would not be in frozen wings. Also when raw wings are cooked they will lose both fat and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Thanks to this thread i managed to get the last last bag in lidl Virginia today, had planned on getting lots more.
    Lovely with a homemade blue cheese dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

well Rows Grower is obviously a lidl shill, claiming to have bought 8 bags. Spoofer trying to drum up sales

Well, I'm sorry I didn't buy 8, made short work of a bag of the mild wings last night, should have gotten more, they were feckin lovely

Picked up 5 bags today happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

This thread seems to be taking on the feeling of a post pancake Tuesday discussion in primary school- 'I bought 47 bags- well I bought 50'

This thread seems to be taking on the feeling of a post pancake Tuesday discussion in primary school- 'I bought 47 bags- well I bought 50'

Didn’t you get any

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Didn’t you get any

I bought 827 bags but have most of them ate already- I might start loading up the garage before the night is out

I bought 827 bags but have most of them ate already- I might start loading up the garage before the night is out

Don’t forget the 49c turnips

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Don’t forget the 49c turnips

They would be a weird accompaniment for chicken wings

• Advertisement

They would be a weird accompaniment for chicken wings

Weird meets weird lol

"My dad is bigger than your dad!"

"Well I have an uncle in the army."

Dog food and Manuka Blend Honey half price next weekend, water too if you buy water.

Anyone know the craic with the honey besides what it says on the label?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

"My dad is bigger than your dad!"

"Well I have an uncle in the army."

Dog food and Manuka Blend Honey half price next weekend, water too if you buy water.

Anyone know the craic with the honey besides what it says on the label?

I read before that 80% of Manuka Honey sold is fake.

stimpson wrote: »
    I read before that 80% of Manuka Honey sold is fake.

Interesting, do you think the water might be genuine?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Keep the fake news for elsewhere, and just leave the bargains here please guys.

Saturday 21st - Sunday 22nd April.
    Frozen Raspberries/Strawberries/Mixed Berries and Cherries 500g/750g was €2.99 now €1.49.
    Irish Rapeseed Oil 500ml was €3.99 now €1.99.
    Bordeaux Superior AOP was €7.29 now €3.64.
    Luxury Triple Chocolate Cake 400g was €1.99 now 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Yes that's correct.. I am from NZ and unless it's packaged in NZ there is no guarantee its genuine Manuka honey.. The amount NZ export annually versus the amount of Manuka sold worldwide don't stack up so yes it's very fair to assume not all honey sold as Manuka IS Manuka..

Username checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Only 2 cases left in Galway at
    11.05. Cashier commented that it flew out the door. Think this went faster that the chianti reserva few weeks back.
    odyssey06 wrote: »
    White wine seems to be less popular less than sparkling and red. Next week's is a Portuguese red which I picked up in a previous weekend saver.

General message to all bargain hunters... this red requires special handling, decanting etc so leave this one to the pros ... I don't want to get there and find it's all gone by 11am!

Super Savers Sat 28th - Sun 29th April!
    4 breaded fishcakes choose from Cod/Salmon/Smoked Haddock/Thai Salmon fishcakes was €1.99 now 99c.
    4ply Toilet Rolls was €5.49 now €2.74.
    Chardonnay Pays D'OC IGP was €6.99 now €3.49.
    Aluminium Foil was €2.29 now €1.14.
    Cat food Pouches 12X100g was €3.49 now €1.74.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Super Savers Sat 28th - Sun 29th April!
    4 breaded fishcakes choose from Cod/Salmon/Smoked Haddock/Thai Salmon fishcakes was €1.99 now 99c.
    4ply Toilet Rolls was €5.49 now €2.74.
    Chardonnay Pays D'OC IGP was €6.99 now €3.49.
    Aluminium Foil was €2.29 now €1.14.
    Cat food Pouches 12X100g was €3.49 now €1.74.
    My cat prefers Lidl cat food to whiskers cat food. Great to know it's half price.

Advertisement