Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Sat 1st - Sun 2nd September!
    Still Water 10 x 250ml was €2.95 now €1.97.
    MSC Fish Fingers 450g was €1.49 now 99c.
    Granola Bars Choose from Honey & Oat and Maple & Oat 6 x 43g was €1.69 now 84c.
    4Ply Toilet Tissue was €5.49 now €3.67.
    Luxury Fruit Porridge 500g was €1.69 now 84c.
    Wine of the Week!
    Rioja Joven was €7.99 now €5.99.

Thats pretty poor imo

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

I agree thought there might have been better bargains with kids back to school, it’s been awhile since they had the big sports bottle of water on offer ,there so handy for school

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Lidl Citywest now open again.

Special offers over the next few weeks IIRC its 33% off fruit n veg next week
    Including €10 off €50 spend vouchers for the next few weeks

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/in-pictures-bigger-and-better-lidl-store-reopens-after-it-was-damaged-by-looters-during-storm-emma-37266567.html
    The Fortunestown store, one of five stores in Tallaght, is running a family fun weekend this weekend, including food tasting and face painting to mark the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Great that it was rebuilt never mind the offers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Was in yesterday for the opening, tons of special items on the floor, the store itself is huge, very modern. Wont lie, there was plenty of kids running around the place and didnt feel the most comfortable but ill put it down to it being the opening.

I wasnt taken by any of the special items but there was a lot, about double whats in a normal lidl. Nice bakery and great veg and fruit section. They have 3 for 9 euro deal on meats too which includes a good rib eye steak :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Where exactly is the store? Is it nearer CityWest campus side of Fortunestown lane, or near Tallaght Leisure Centre side?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/in-pictures-bigger-and-better-lidl-store-reopens-after-it-was-damaged-by-looters-during-storm-emma-37266567.html

I suppose it goes without saying,that the low life scum who destroyed the original store and their entire families should be banned from ever entering the new store!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Can you pick up those vouchers at the store or are they only posted out to locals?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

KOR101 wrote: »
    Can you pick up those vouchers at the store or are they only posted out to locals?

They were in store a few weeks ago. Only valid on food not booze

was loads in store just sitting on end of the tills on thursday evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

xpletiv wrote: »
    was loads in store just sitting on end of the tills on thursday evening

loads there today too terms and conditions on it say something about a love Lidl fob

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sat 15th - Sun 16th September!
    Variety Pack Crisps 24 x 25g was €2.69 now €1.34,
    Lyons Original Blend Tea Bags 60 pack was €2.19 now €1.59.
    Flatbread Tins Choose from Cheddar and Black Pepper/Sweet Chilli or Multiseed was €1.65 now 82c.
    Quilted Toilet Paper 1530 Sheets was €4.69 now €2.34.
    Concentrated Fabric Softener 2l was 2.09 now €1.04
    Wine of the Week
    New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was €8.49 now €4.24.

Offers seem to have improved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Definite improvement!

Half price bogroll always a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Are the meal deals finished, or do they have one every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Sat 15th - Sun 16th September!
    New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was €8.49 now €4.24.

Offers seem to have improved!
    The last time they did a great deal on Prosecco my local store was sold out in minutes. They practically laughed at me when I went in an hour later and asked where they where.

Rashers72 wrote: »
    The last time they did a great deal on Prosecco my local store was sold out in minutes. They practically laughed at me when I went in an hour later and asked where they where.

I think it's on for the week.
    I know my local Lidl generally has loads of those wines when they're sold out else where.

Are the meal deals finished, or do they have one every week?

None!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,977 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Three 50% coupons in next weeks leaflet, valid until 13/09
    Sweet potato chips 500g €2.79
    Turkey rashers 150g €2.19
    Greek yoghurt 500g €1.69

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Sat 8th - Sun 9th September!
    Nappies 30/40/48/56 Pack Choose from Sizes 3/4/5/6 was €2.99 now €1.99.
    Cappuccino/Latte Sachets 142g/156g/170g was €1.49 now 74c.
    Plug In Air-Freshener 25ml was €3.69 now €1.84.
    Organic Pasta Sauce Choose From Arrablata/Napolentana or Vegetarian Bolognese was €1.49 now 74c.
    Wine of the Week!
    Douro DOC was €7.49 now €3.74.

Anyone know what those latte sachets are like might stock up if decent missus goes through a lot of the kenco ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Anyone know what those latte sachets are like might stock up if decent missus goes through a lot of the kenco ones

My wife loves them, they wouldn't let me buy more than 10 boxes this morning in Terenure

• Advertisement

Sat 22nd - Sun 23rd September!
    Limescale remover tabs 51 x 12g was €4.99 now €3.33.
    Premium Complete Dog Food 3kg was €3.49 now €2.33.
    Kids Flavoured Spring Water choose from Orange/Lemon& Lime/Strawberry & Raspberry. 20 x 250ml was €2.95 now €1.97.
    Wholegrain Fruit Wheats choose from Blackberry and Apricot 500g was €2.49 noe €1.24.
    Wines of the Week!
    South African Merlot was €6.99 now €5.24.
    Californian Chardonnay €6.79 now €5.09.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I increasingly find that the fresh super savers in both lidl and aldi are rubbish. Stuff like plums for 49c. Who the hell eats plums?

AllForIt wrote: »
    I increasingly find that the fresh super savers in both lidl and aldi are rubbish. Stuff like plums for 49c. Who the hell eats plums?

Mammy and Daddy Freshpopcorn!
    Both Lidl and Aldi have a fairly decent fruit and veg on offer this time!

Wasnt a size3 nappy or bottle of wine left in 2 lidls I tried this weekend gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

xpletiv wrote: »
    Wasnt a size3 nappy or bottle of wine left in 2 lidls I tried this weekend gone :(

Managed 5 bottles in the second Lidl I tried. Will be there at 9am the next time!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Will be there at 9am the next time!

No point, unless you fancy hanging around for ninety minutes as you can't buy alcohol until 10:30 (and 12:30 on Sunday)!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Quackster wrote: »
    Will be there at 9am the next time!

No point, unless you fancy hanging around for ninety minutes as you can't buy alcohol until 10:30 (and 12:30 on Sunday)!

I would never have thought of that! Which makes the fact the wine was all gone even worse as it was just after 11 when I got to the first Lidl!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

AllForIt wrote: »

I like plums :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I would never have thought of that! Which makes the fact the wine was all gone even worse as it was just after 11 when I got to the first Lidl!
    People start shopping before 10:30 and grab the wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,807 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

KOR101 wrote: »
    People start shopping before 10:30 and grab the wine.

I think the wine would disappear more slowly if it wasn't still in boxes of 6... it's nearly easier to grab 6. I think if it was just single bottles people would pickup 2, 4 etc.
    I got to LIDL D3 at 1030 and already the pallet was down to one 'layer' left, that's 100 bottles left.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement