Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

AllForIt wrote: »
    I increasingly find that the fresh super savers in both lidl and aldi are rubbish. Stuff like plums for 49c. Who the hell eats plums?

Apple and plum crumble is great and easy to make

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think the wine would disappear more slowly if it wasn't still in boxes of 6... it's nearly easier to grab 6. I think if it was just single bottles people would pickup 2, 4 etc.
    I got to LIDL D3 at 1030 and already the pallet was down to one 'layer' left, that's 100 bottles left.

I'm not sure there was so much of it last weekend. I was in my local around 10:20 and there were maybe a dozen or so boxes. Shop wasn't very busy and I only noticed one other person grab a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,814 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Quackster wrote: »
    I'm not sure there was so much of it last weekend. I was in my local around 10:20 and there were maybe a dozen or so boxes. Shop wasn't very busy and I only noticed one other person grab a box.

I assumed it was a full pallet as have seen that on previous saturday mornings but didnt actually see it... I heard from relative they had more out on the sunday.

I expect next weeks new zealand sav blanc white will be popular.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,977 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Four 50% coupons in next week's leaflet valid from 13/09
    Frozen veg: peppers/onions/mushrooms 500g 65c - so 32c !!
    Turkey sausages €2.19
    Crushed garlic/ginger/chillies €1.49
    Salad dressings 225ml €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Sat 15th - Sun 16th September!
    Variety Pack Crisps 24 x 25g was €2.69 now €1.34,
    Lyons Original Blend Tea Bags 60 pack was €2.19 now €1.59.
    Flatbread Tins Choose from Cheddar and Black Pepper/Sweet Chilli or Multiseed was €1.65 now 82c.
    Quilted Toilet Paper 1530 Sheets was €4.69 now €2.34.
    Concentrated Fabric Softener 2l was 2.09 now €1.04
    Wine of the Week
    New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was €8.49 now €4.24.

Offers seem to have improved!

Bit of a run on the Toilet paper this morning. Seemed to be the only thing in demand. Too early for the wine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

CH3OH wrote: »
    Bit of a run on the Toilet paper this morning. Seemed to be the only thing in demand. Too early for the wine

got myself 24 bottles of the wine, its lovely stuff. Did not see the toilet paper

The wine is amazing for that price. Anyone get overcharged for it - €5.94 v €4.24 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Irish Kev wrote: »
    got myself 24 bottles of the wine, its lovely stuff. Did not see the toilet paper

Max. 10 bottles each no?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,531 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Max. 10 bottles each no?

It depends on who you meet on the till and how fast an item is selling I find!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Max. 10 bottles each no?

I thought you are only allowed 6 bottles each? no? there was no stock in 3 stores today I would say there was a queue at the door when they opened. One store had a sign up saying more wine tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought you are only allowed 6 bottles each? no? there was no stock in 3 stores today I would say there was a queue at the door when they opened. One store had a sign up saying more wine tomorrow

Wasn't much stock in my local (Nenagh) at 11.30 today so I'd suggest getting in early tomorrow, just got 6 myself but sign said 10 max.
    Should be a lower limit or more stock allocated as they're nearly always sold out early on the good offers, none of the toilet paper left at that stage aswell. But then there's no point having limits if they're not enforced.
    Punnets of grapes were half price too with plenty of stock available

Wasn't much stock in my local (Nenagh) at 11.30 today so I'd suggest getting in early tomorrow, just got 6 myself but sign said 10 max.

But not too early as alcohol cannot be sold before 12:30pm on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

No Fabric conditioner, wine or crisps in my local store.

Not sure I'd bother trying again tomorrow unless I cold get there early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

AllForIt wrote: »
    I increasingly find that the fresh super savers in both lidl and aldi are rubbish. Stuff like plums for 49c. Who the hell eats plums?

Seeing as you asked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Was in for wine at 11.00, was all gone at Fortunestown branch

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Max. 10 bottles each no?

max was 6, but nothing to stop you placing wine in car and going back in. You are then a new customer

max was 6, but nothing to stop you placing wine in car and going back in. You are then a new customer

Max per customer was 10

Mine scanned at 5.94 a bottle for some reason and luckily spotted it there and then and it was changed to 4.24

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

In Lidl Bray yesterday and none of the discounted wine to be found. I asked one of the workers if they had got it in at all, they said yes, and it was sold out within 10 minutes!!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Max was 10 in Carrigaline (Cork). Everything was gone off the pallet at 10.25am there.
    True about going back in -
    Where were you able to go back in 3 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭glen123

Max 6 per customer in Limerick. All gone well before 10.30 as people were there around 10-10.15am to pick up the boxes and waited for 10.30 to hit to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Max was 10 in Carrigaline (Cork). Everything was gone off the pallet at 10.25am there.
    True about going back in -
    Where were you able to go back in 3 times?
    Ah now. Case of wine in trolley, then cover up with crisps and what not. Then place somewhere while you go out to the car with the other trolley. The problem is EVERYONE is evolving here.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

vicwatson wrote: »
    Max per customer was 10

Mine scanned at 5.94 a bottle for some reason and luckily spotted it there and then and it was changed to 4.24

According to the staff it should have been 6 max.

More than 6 charged the first six at the promo price and the rest full price.

In my Lidl as I was in the queue 4 people got refunds or extra bottles as they noticed after they paid

According to the staff it should have been 6 max.

More than 6 charged the first six at the promo price and the rest full price.

In my Lidl as I was in the queue 4 people got refunds or extra bottles as they noticed after they paid

Mine was 10 bottles (as that's what the orange sign said was allowed) and the total was 59.40 until I told the cashier it should have been 42.40 so they gave me a refund of the 17 euro in cash

Mine was 10 bottles (as that's what the orange sign said was allowed) and the total was 59.40 until I told the cashier it should have been 42.40 so they gave me a refund of the 17 euro in cash

They shouldn't have done that. They were obviously clueless to the fact the system will only allow max six bottles discounted in the one transaction. You were charged €4.24 x 6 + €8.49 x 4 = €59.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

They shouldn't have done that. They were obviously clueless to the fact the system will only allow max six bottles discounted in the one transaction. You were charged €4.24 x 6 + €8.49 x 4 = €59.40.

Technically yes, but if they mistakenly put a sign up over it saying max 10 then they mislead Quackster on the max he could purchase at 4.24. The cashier probably honoured it because of this.

Might be so but the fact remains is that the sign clearly stated 10 max per customer. That total is 42.40 and I got 17 euro back

It also shows that depending on the LIDL the rules differ and head office mustn’t be giving uniform instructions on the sale of these weekend savers

Cashier was the store manager too

Might be so but the fact remains is that the sign clearly stated 10 max per customer. That total is 42.40 and I got 17 euro back

It also shows that depending on the LIDL the rules differ and head office mustn’t be giving uniform instructions on the sale of these weekend savers

Cashier was the store manager too

Oh, I completly agree. There was obviously some screw-up somewhere if max 10 bottles was printed on the signs. But I'm sure it should've been the same in your Lidl, as in every other, given the tills were set up to only allow max 6 bottles discounted.

Also was wondering, why bother having a sign saying 10 max per customer when the next 4 are full price (above the offer) why not just max it at 6 per customer at half price and that’s it. If I knew only 6 were half price I wouldn’t bother buying another 4 to allow for the max.

Also was wondering, why bother having a sign saying 10 max per customer when the next 4 are full price (above the offer) why not just max it at 6 per customer at half price and that’s it. If I knew only 6 were half price I wouldn’t bother buying another 4 to allow for the max.

It must have been an error as any time I pop in to pick up the discounted wine (I didn't this weekend), the signs always say max 6 bottles.

• Advertisement

It must have been an error as any time I pop in to pick up the discounted wine (I didn't this weekend), the signs always say max 6 bottles.

Yeh its funny how some shops says max 10, others max 6, deffo error somewhere along the lines

Advertisement