Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Do the usual Sunday rules apply for the specials tomorrow? No alcohol sold til 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Do the usual Sunday rules apply for the specials tomorrow? No alcohol sold til 12?

Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,323 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The usual time isn’t 12 it’s 12:30 btw

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

got 2 x carlsberg , 2x king crisps and 2x NZ sav blanc for 42 euro.
    unreal 30+4+8.

is the wine on special in all stores? I can't see anything on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My local Lidl has Coca Cola 2 X 1.5 l and Diet Coca Cola 2 X 2l €3 99 each or 3 for €6!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The usual time isn’t 12 it’s 12:30 btw

Alcohol can be served tomorrow from 10.30.

Whether stores (or pubs) will be aware of it is another matter. It is a stipulation in the law that if Dec 23 or 24 falls on a Sunday alcohol can be served from 10.30am.

prodsc wrote: »

Whether stores (or pubs) will be aware of it is another matter. It is a stipulation in the law that if Dec 23 or 24 falls on a Sunday alcohol can be served from 10.30am.

Never heard of that, makes it tricky for bargain hunters
    Do they chance it for 10:30 and waste a trip or wait until 12:30 and miss the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Never heard of that, makes it tricky for bargain hunters
    Do they chance it for 10:30 and waste a trip or wait until 12:30 and miss the good stuff

If they won't give it to you at 10:30 just go to the pub for a few pints 'til 12:30. It's a win win situation (unless you're driving).

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

prodsc wrote: »

Intoxicating liquor act 2000 section 3 - b - 2 - ii

Checks out but doubtful if staff will know this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Maybe I'm reading the act incorrectly but I'm not sure that's right. It says shall not be lawful?

Save as otherwise provided by this Act, it shall not be lawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, or to open or keep open any premises for the sale of intoxicating liquor, or to permit any intoxicating liquor to be consumed on licensed premises—

(a) at any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday;

(b) on any other day, as specified hereunder, outside the times so specified in respect of it—

(i) Saint Patrick's Day: between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;

(ii) the 23rd December: if it falls on a Sunday, between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,417 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Hoboo wrote: »
    Maybe I'm reading the act incorrectly but I'm not sure that's right. It says shall not be lawful?

Save as otherwise provided by this Act, it shall not be lawful for any person to sell or expose for sale any intoxicating liquor, or to open or keep open any premises for the sale of intoxicating liquor, or to permit any intoxicating liquor to be consumed on licensed premises—

(a) at any time on Christmas Day or Good Friday;

(b) on any other day, as specified hereunder, outside the times so specified in respect of it—

(i) Saint Patrick's Day: between 12.30 p.m. and 12.30 a.m. on the following day;

(ii) the 23rd December: if it falls on a Sunday, between 10.30 a.m. and 11.30 p.m.;

They can't sell alcohol outside of those times

I've just been to my local Lidl who said the Heineken was on offer yesterday and not today, despite the sign being beside the guys head saying Heineken and Guinness were the offer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,417 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've just been to my local Lidl who said the Heineken was on offer yesterday and not today, despite the sign being beside the guys head saying Heineken and Guinness were the offer today.
    Did they allow you to buy any alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

2 bottles of Leffe in my local Lidl today for €5 (one litre bottles)

Akrasia wrote: »
    Did they allow you to buy any alcohol?

I didn't try as they said the Heineken wasn't in offer and they had none on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Akrasia wrote: »
    They can't sell alcohol outside of those times

Ah yes, youre right, didn't read part b, cheers

What a tool it’s clearly today’s offer, it’s even on the app for today’s deal
    Social media complaint time just for lols

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

I'd say they either misinformed you or they made a mistake and sold it yesterday thinking it was on offer.

Got them in limerick anyway, saw one lad walking out with 12 slabs in a trolley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Only 24 cases of Heineken and 40 cases of Guinness in my local lidi, got 6 cases of heineken (3adults) was in at 11:50, first to the trough but by 12:30 check out very little cases left .... the 4 tills full of trolleys with them in It.... great value altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Got them in limerick anyway, saw one lad walking out with 12 slabs in a trolley

Surprised the publicans aren’t up in arms over this.
    They are usually very concerned about our health!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

got 4 slabs and 12 bottles of wine for €108
    felt like I was robbing them:D Happy days, had to go in a second time for 6 wine as only 6 allowed per person

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Surprised the publicans aren’t up in arms over this.
    They are usually very concerned about our health!

The publicans are buying them
    I saw my local landlord loading up the van

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Same here. Saw the manager of our local along with staff (in full uniform) loading up trolleys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

NZ White - half price so €4 a bottle

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

NZ White sav blanc - half price so €4 a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

There were loads of the Guinness slabs left in Coolock at about 3pm. No Heineken that I could see. If anyone is looking for 2 Guinness slabs they may still get them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,532 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sat 12th - Sun 13th January!
    4 ply Toilet Tissue 1600 Sheets was €5.49 now €3.67
    Nescafe Gold Blend 250g was €9.99 now €4.99.
    2 in 1 Washing Powder 4.22kg was €7.75 now €5.15/
    Dogfood Chubs 600g Coose from Beef Chicken or Lamb was 98c now 49c.
    Wine of the Week!
    Rioja Joven was €7.99 now €5.99.

Happy New Year!

49312065_2245213272178554_9215325346906243072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=a9b6cdda7aaaf4bb71d9dd975f207f41&oe=5C8E7388

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

What's the coffee like anyone know?

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    What's the coffee like anyone know?

Tastes like coffee

Advertisement