Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass sexual assaults covered up for 4 days by German media - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

Thread reopened. Some cards and bans have had to be issued.

Going forward, don't make mass generalisations about muslims, germans, daily mail readers or any group for that matter. Using this thread as an excuse to get a pop at any of these groups will result in cards/bans.

Keep it to a debate and discussion about the events in Cologne and as usual, don't derail.

Lastly, if you don't want the thread to be closed, don't give us a reason to close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Mod:
    Keep it to a debate and discussion about the events in Cologne and as usual, don't derail.
    [/B].

It may have gone unnoticed but it also happened in Hamburg on NYE:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98296581&postcount=256

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭.45auto

Wow look at all these poor refugees have been through. These women need to take responsibility for these mens actions. They should dress more modestly..... maybe if they wore....i dunno a veil? The poor refugees wouldnt get so excited and attack them. And look at the racist germans. Truly shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

.45auto wrote: »
    Wow look at all these poor refugees have been through. These women need to take responsibility for these mens actions. They should dress more modestly..... maybe if they wore....i dunno a veil? The poor refugees wouldnt get so excited and attack them. And look at the racist germans. Truly shocking.
    Sarcastic as your post may be, didn't you read the mod note just a couple of posts above yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Anyway this is very distressing to read to read but really it's the natural outcome of a disastrous immigration policy

I was in Cologne for NYE last year and I was struck by two things (apart from generally having a lovely time in a really nice city with some of the best beer I've ever tasted):

1) there was a massive middle-eastern / N. African population (which is fair enough)

2) there were groups of up to 50 young and middle aged men fitting the description above who seemed to be using the general divilment of NYE to take out some of their frustrations on the local population. Rowdy lads intimidating and shouting aggressively at people (myself included) for no reason other than they seemed to be a bit locked / aggro. They were also firing repeater fireworks at people (myself included again) and wolf-whistling / follwing and gesturing to every woman who walked past, whether they were alone or not.

At the time I thought to myself 'ah well they're clearly just a bunch of p!ssed knackers - could happen anywhere in the world when you get a bunch of locked young idiots together'.

That news story seems to suggest that it's some kind of a trend and, as much as I hate all this white-wash ''all muslims are evil'' kind of sh!te, from what I've experienced a large chunk of their contingent in Cologne seem to be dirtbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

These gangs of fuckers sexually assaulting women is utterly intolerable and should be met with swift justice i.e. deporting immigrants to a refugee camp of their choice after recording their identity promising them if they return they will be imprisoned for a couple of decades. If they're German citizens then lock them up in solitary for a while and when released they should be geo-tagged for a couple of years until they learn to abide by European norms and laws.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I didnt yer man is being a backseat mod telling me what i can and cant post
    It says dont make mass generalsiations of muslims. I have not made mass generalisations of muslims. Just pointing out how racist the germans are

MOD
    You have ignored the mod warning. Card issued.

Also, do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

I would open my door tomorrow and many many of my friends would too.

The biggest problem is the disgusting hate filled xenophobia,
    racism and sectarianism. It's ironic to grandstand about Islam being a religion of racism, hate and sexism when most of the hate and racism is coming from Non Muslims and Europeans and sexism was never a big problem before.

SJW mantra at its best!

We have a huge homeless problem in Ireland, so tell me who have you contacted about taking people off the streets into your home? How many homeless did you feed on Christmas Day at your table at home? Or your friends how many did they? Oh none? Surprise, surprise keep your progressive twaddle to yourself if your not going to act on it.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    MOD
    You have ignored the mod warning. Card issued.

Also, do not post in this thread again.

Give racism the RED CARD

banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

smash wrote: »
    Victim blaming, pointing fun at Muslims, generalisation of Germans being racist...

That second post was after my question. That was very disingenuous.

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    That second post was after my question. That was very disingenuous.

Im no angel but yer man is blatantly backseat modding telling people what they can and cant post and grassing me up

banned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I honestly don't understand how anyone can genuinely believe that the West has no duty to migrants when it's Western governments' constant selfish f*ckery in the Middle East which has destabilised the entire region enough to make it a hell on Earth for those people to live in.

Case in point: What happened in Saudi Arabia a few days ago, and those Saudis getting international diplomatic protection by the "freedom loving" West. We should be telling autocratic governments to f*ck themselves, not propping them up diplomatically and financially.

Im no angel but yer man is blatantly backseat modding telling people what they can and cant post and grassing me up

Your baps are about to get boomed. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Wow the arguments become so stupid and infantile after a while. Seen somebody mentioning the IRA for some reason. There should be a Godwins law equivalent of invoking the IRA called " McCarthy's law" or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

I honestly don't understand how anyone can genuinely believe that the West has no duty to migrants when it's Western governments' constant selfish f*ckery in the Middle East which has destabilised the entire region enough to make it a hell on Earth for those people to live in.

Case in point: What happened in Saudi Arabia a few days ago, and those Saudis getting international diplomatic protection by the "freedom loving" West. We should be telling autocratic governments to f*ck themselves, not propping them up diplomatically and financially.

What have Germany or Sweden done to Syria or any other country in the middle east, what have Ireland done in the middle east, most countries in the EU have done nothing to destabilise the region

Wow the arguments become so stupid and infantile after a while. Seen somebody mentioning the IRA for some reason. There should be a Godwins law equivalent of invoking the IRA called " McCarthy's law" or something

It's called Godge's Law over on Politics Cafe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

People talk about the need to accept refugees and do more ect, As cold as this may sound i don't want to accept them or do more, i'm happy with our society and don't want people who have a totally different view of the world living in this country, Why do we have to accept any of them? Surely it's up to them to accept our way of life instead of us accommodating them. I really do worry about the future of Europe and where it is headed, these people would bring us back to the stone age if given the chance.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can genuinely believe that the West has no duty to migrants when it's Western governments' constant selfish f*ckery in the Middle East which has destabilised the entire region.

I largely agree but it should be the countries that are/were involved in the fuckery, like the US/UK/Fra, that should be made primarily responsible for the migrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Ireland has done nothing in the middle East we have zero responsibility for ISIS or the war in Syria, let's not make out like we have a responsibility to do anything we don't.

Ireland has done nothing in the middle East we have zero responsibility for ISIS or the war in Syria, let's not make out like we have a responsibility to do anything we don't.

Hmm, letting those planes refuel taints us a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I don't know which I find more amazing; the fact that this thread is allowed to remain open or that I can find no mention of this pretty serious incident on BBC or RTE. Only sources are German sites, RT, NY Times and Daily Mail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Hmm, letting those planes refuel taints us a little bit.

I hope that is sarcasm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Freak Midget

Even the BBC is covering this now, most read story on the website

bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Guess this thing is too big to cover up. I took a screenshot. Will be interesting to see how long before "The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said" is replaced by "The men appear to been groups of alienated urban youths" or similar euphemism.

I hope that is sarcasm.

No. We let them refuel. We knew their intended destinations. We knew that people would die because of it. We played a small role. But a role, nonetheless.

The decision was made because of realpolitik, and that's fine by me. But to say we had no part to play is to ignore reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

I don't know which I find more amazing; the fact that this thread is allowed to remain open or that I can find no mention of this pretty serious incident on BBC or RTE. Only sources are German sites, RT, NY Times and Daily Mail!

Go to BBC News it's right there
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

People talk about the need to accept refugees and do more ect, As cold as this may sound i don't want to accept them or do more, i'm happy with our society and don't want people who have a totally different view of the world living in this country, Why do we have to accept any of them? Surely it's up to them to accept our way of life instead of us accommodating them. I really do worry about the future of Europe and where it is headed, these people would bring us back to the stone age if given the chance.

The majority of "these people" are regular citizens like me and you. Mothers and fathers who are doctors, technicians, journalists, photographers, bakers, teachers, musicians, farmers etc who have children, all of whom are fleeing the barbarity of war of which the likes of you and I are privileged to have never witnessed (me anyways, I'm just going to assume you've never witnessed a full-scale conventional war). I find it really sad that it's becoming the norm to view refugees as a mass unwashed horde of degenerate fanatic Muslims who "would bring us back to the Stone Age given the chance". They are PEOPLE. Before both wars, Syria and Iraq were among the wealthier, advanced countries in the Middle East. Definitely wealthier than some Eastern European countries which are currently in the EU. Not that coming from a well-off country should grant you extra rights, but I just can't believe the ignorance of some people. A real us vs them mentality, West vs East, Christendom vs Islam... some things never change.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Freak Midget

The majority of them are young men who are idle and can't be trusted in western society as the events in Cologne and God knows how many other places has shown.

Deport them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Go to BBc News it's right there

They finally figured out that ignoring the story makes them look bad

The BBC, Irishtimes, Guardian ect all have a pro mass immigration line, they will keep as much of the truth as possible off their pages

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Even the BBC is covering this now, most read story on the website

bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Guess this thing is too big to cover up. I took a screenshot. Will be interesting to see how long before "The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said" is replaced by "The men appear to been groups of alienated urban youths" or similar euphemism.

It's a bit like Rotherham though didn't publish much about it because they didn't want to stir things up or whatever the excuse was
    "In 2007, one investigation known as Operation Glover led to the conviction of a group of Iraqi-Kurdish men - two of whom received 10-year prison sentences while two others received substantial custodial sentences."

Most of the girls are aged 13 to 15 but some are as young as 12.

It also lists more than 320 men accused of carrying out abuse, mainly between 2007 and 2010.

The nationalities of the alleged abusers include a mixture of Iraqi Kurds, white British, black British, and Pakistani Heritage, among others.

The abuse includes:
    • Rapes
    • Dozens of allegations of sex with a child
    • Trafficking
    • Physical assaults, including beatings
    • Child abduction
    • Threats, including threats to kill parents and threats to scald girls by holding kettles of boiling water over them

The document lists three members of the same family linked to the alleged abuse of almost three-dozen girls.

In most cases there is no evidence police took any action.

• Advertisement

We played a small role. But a role, nonetheless.

No NO NO. We were just letting the big Americans birds rest in Ireland so they could carry on afresh delivering democracy, picnic baskets, flowers, and romance, to the poor brown people of the middle east.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement