Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass sexual assaults covered up for 4 days by German media - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Stheno wrote: »
    A lot of the refugees in Germany are being housed in gyms, community centres, and unused industrial spaces.

There have been numerous articles online about the difficulties in those centres and conflicts with locals.

You can't just herd people into sub standard accomodation with hundreds sleeping in halls and expect everything to be fine.

Victim blaming ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

dissed doc wrote: »
    If a thousand violent Islamicist settlers started surrounding your sister/mother/girlfriend to assault her, as happened dozens of women last week in Cologne, I am sure they will safer behind you.

Or maybe you will use the opportunity to run away and leave them at it? I wonder how one would react. How would you?

Mod:

This is the type of post that will generate reactions which will inevitably lead to the thread being closed. Don't make any more like this.

For everybody else, use the Report Post function and don't take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

I think there is more anger than hatred to be fair.
    Its a very scary situation for the people involved with these incidents.
    You have to put yourself in their shoes & then see how angry or upset you would feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

dissed doc wrote: »
    If a thousand violent Islamicist settlers started surrounding your sister/mother/girlfriend to assault her, as happened dozens of women last week in Cologne, I am sure they will safer behind you.

Or maybe you will use the opportunity to run away and leave them at it? I wonder how one would react. How would you?

Totally inconsiderate thing to say in my opinion. I helped refugees just out of being a human.I do not support rapists, terrrorists or fundamentalists and I take the same view you would.

Just tone down your attitude,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the problem is that the absolutely genuinely valid and legitimate concerns discussed here get lost when a few full blown racists and xenophobes use this as an opportunity to stick the boot in.

then you have people who gladly use this as an excuse to dismiss ALL of the discussion here as they personally want to avoid all unpleasant debate about the pros and cons of mass refugee acceptance.

the result? the two extreme ends of the spectrum win out and shut debate down and the vast majority in the middle lose out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

What is the expectation here? What emergency accommodating would one expect to be ready and available at such short notice for a few thousand people? I think the accommodation argument is very very flimsy.

That said there is a lot of exaggerating going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Since last year Sweden has stopped recording(officially) and announcing the ethnic background of rape perpetrators because of the huge percentage of refugees involved in these cases and Finland has also stopped releasing the background of criminals if they are refugees or asylum seekers. Which has become code that they are in fact refugees or asylum seekers.

A huge majority seemingly are all part of one major religion.
    A bit like here, not mentioned if it was a traveller. But then the words "family feud" and "slash hook" is mentioned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Totally inconsiderate thing to say in my opinion. I helped refugees just out of being a human.I do not support rapists, terrrorists or fundamentalists and I take the same view you would.

Just tone down your attitude,

I dont think you get the bigger picture here. You are dealing with 2 cultures that are vastly different. Its one thing to go and help refugees - its quite another to throw the gates open and let mass migration occur in the name of a refugee crises. And then to go and champion all of this in the name of multi-culturalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

SJW mantra at its best!

We have a huge homeless problem in Ireland, so tell me who have you contacted about taking people off the streets into your home? How many homeless did you feed on Christmas Day at your table at home? Or your friends how many did they? Oh none? Surprise, surprise keep your progressive twaddle to yourself if your not going to act on it.

I donated Money to SvdeP, Simon, Alone, Focus, a local young persons mental health charity, Irish Kidney association amongst others.

I bought one set of Christmas cards from Oxfam and was asked why didn't I support the Irish...

kstand wrote: »
    I dont think you get the bigger picture here. You are dealing with 2 cultures that are vastly different. Its one thing to go and help refugees - its quite another to throw the gates open and let mass migration occur in the name of a refugee crises. And then to go and champion all of this in the name of multi-culturalism.

Agreeing on a set number of refugees isn't throwing the doors open, Turkey can't do all the work, 2,000 isn't a large amount for Ireland what so ever

• Advertisement

Is their anything more pathetic and churlish than the use of Social Justice Warrior??? A limp term to try to belittle those that seek to have more Equality in the world

I hear you. This article will make your blood boil and even mine. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/05/europes-citizens-need-start-debate-diversity

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

What is the expectation here? What emergency accommodating would one expect to be ready and available at such short notice for a few thousand people? I think the accommodation argument is very very flimsy.

That said there is a lot of exaggerating going on here.

it also shows a worryingly pessimistic expectation amongst the "socially aware" that if you put young muslim men in safe free accommodation (after they have just fled a war zone) within a couple of weeks/months you can expect mass sexual violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

mansize wrote: »
    Is their anything more pathetic and churlish than the use of Social Justice Warrior???

"do-gooder", actually.

Is their anything more pathetic and churlish than the use of Social Justice Warrior??? A limp term to try to belittle those that seek to have more Equality in the world

Equality is just an abstract term.You can treat people like equals but that doesn't make them equal. How can we be treated the same way as people who believe in the teachings of 7th century pedophile prophet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Equality your having a laugh? What kind of equality do you think women would have if these animals were in charge. The last thing these people are about is equality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Freak Midget

I hear you. This article will make your blood boil and even mine. [theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/05/europes-citizens-need-start-debate-diversity

The people of Cologne are certainly enjoying their new found diversity.

Can't wait until the leafy suburbs where Guardian contributors are enriched and become 'vibrant' communities.

I hear you. This article will make your blood boil and even mine. [theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/05/europes-citizens-need-start-debate-diversity

The people of Cologne are certainly enjoying their new found diversity.

Can't wait until the leafy suburbs where Guardian contributors live are enriched and become 'vibrant' communities.

Equality is just an abstract term.You can treat people like equals but that doesn't make them equal. How can we be treated the same way as people who believe in the teachings of 7th century pedophile prophet ?

How can I be treated the same as those that believe eating Meat on Friday is wrong???

As long as people don't enforce their beliefs on others we'll get along fine. Dogma pushers need to learn tolerance

Equality your having a laugh? What kind of equality do you think women would have if these animals were in charge. The last thing these people are about is equality.

What animals???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I hear you. This article will make your blood boil and even mine. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/05/europes-citizens-need-start-debate-diversity

The Guardian - that sempiternal bastion of superior righteousness.

What animals???

The 1000 'refugees' who see German women as fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,082 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nodin wrote: »
    The majority of rapes in Sweden are gang rapes? You've a source for this?

Statistically Sweden has the 2nd highest Rape count in the world behind South Africa.

6 times more likely to be raped in Sweden in America.

Google is your friend, type in "Sweden rape" or Sweden rape crisis and bobs your uncle

First couple of one's is all you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

Since last year Sweden has stopped recording(officially) and announcing the ethnic background of rape perpetrators because of the huge percentage of refugees involved in these cases and Finland has also stopped releasing the background of criminals if they are refugees or asylum seekers. Which has become code that they are in fact refugees or asylum seekers.

A huge majority seemingly are all part of one major religion.

Sorry to be pedantic but do you have a link for that?

You can see why they would do something like that as the ethnic background of the perpetrator is not going to be relevant in obtaining a conviction and you can't very well put out the message that refugees are rapists because it will cause hysteria and eventually violence.

On the other hand, if a perpetrators cultural background and upbringing are key factors in their eventually becoming a perpetrator but we are refusing to even acknowledge those things then the problem will continue indefinitely.

If people are talking about "ending Rape Culture" then ignoring or erasing the cultural background of perpetrators puts you in the position of not being able to find the Rape Culture in order to actually end it.

After all if little things like bad words and insulting jokes can contribute to a Rape Culture then you have to wonder what kind of contribution is made by religions and other cultural beliefs?

In the best case some media outlets and government officials are deliberately trying to cover up certain things to allow easier and more peaceful integration into society for people who genuinely need help.

In the worst case some media outlets and government officials are deliberately trying to cover up certain things because they are delusional ideologues. If they are just doing what "feels right" but have absolutely no idea how this will eventually change society then all of this will end really badly for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well at least it got out after four days. Our own establishment media here managed to be complicit in ignoring mass sexual abuse by the Church and State for the best part of fifty years.

The Guardian - that sempiternal bastion of superior righteousness.

The Guardian gives real liberals a bad name. Sanctimonious oxbridge elitists who ruminate in their ivory towers.

It's pure whataboutary. What happened in the Balkans is irrelevant to this.

No no, very wrong.

When people are claiming superiority, as in "animals from North Africa, rape part of their culture, coming into Europe" stuff, then is is absolutely legitimate to look at the track record of Europeans. I can remember when tens of thousands of Muslim women were raped by European men in the early and mid 90s. Can you?

Either way, I see a poster has clarified that there were 20 groping incidents.

I would consider myself a liberal, But I don't like modern liberal movement for its flirtation with militant Islam (most notably Corbyn and Hezbollah) and its goal of trying to inhibit free speech but categorizing anything that doesn't go along with their worldview as "Hate Speech"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They all can't stay in Turkey.
    They could and should have stayed in the camps they were in whether in Turkey or other countries on the Syrian border.
    This cannot be passed off with the usual "it's a tiny minority" spiel, An organised gang of 1000 men perpetrated these horrific acts, this did not happen until large amounts of migrants were allowed into Germany, they are a problem no other way to spin it.
    It appears to have been organised pickpocketing and the sexual assaults used to distract women from noticing they were being robbed. Either way such organised blatent criminality needs to be addressed before any more "Syrian" refugees are accepted into this country with those coming having an obligation to prove they are not petty or gang criminals or perverts.

Just look at the case recently where a man who is charged with being a recruiter for ISIS was prevented from being deported from Ireland by Europeans, People like him should never be allowed into Ireland and if found should be deported regardless of what Europe says! If Merkel can ignore Europe like she did last year then Ireland can do the same to protect our own!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

nokia69 wrote: »
    What have Germany or Sweden done to Syria or any other country in the middle east, what have Ireland done in the middle east, most countries in the EU have done nothing to destabilise the region

This is a major problem in my opinion. Europe is weak and leaderless. We will quickly come together re financial stuff and bailouts. However on an issue like this nobody wants to own it. Nobody wants to challenge the reasons of why refugees are migrating here in huge numbers. We like to be lapdogs to the US and their allies evertime when we should be independent with our own voice. After all we are the ones facing the fallout as it's on our doorstep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement