Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass sexual assaults covered up for 4 days by German media - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I always find it funny when people use the term "liberal" in a pejorative way, as if being liberal is a bad thing.

There is virtually 100% liberal bias in the Irish mainstream media today. Holding a conservative or 'traditional' view is immediately attacked these days. Being 'liberal' is not a bad thing but being liberal and intolerant of other viewpoints is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

xband wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about the expectation of immediate housing.

All they're doing is providing the German far right and other European far right groups the excuse to tar everyone with the same brush.

NGOs and social media, encouraged by Merkel created the expectation. It is like a Facebook house party where hundreds show up and trash the house. Rumours spread quickly and easily. You are seeing young violent men from places that by custom rape women to own them.

Now they are here they are enriching European life with this aggressive behaviour, sexually assaulting women - maybe even your mother or sister or girlfriend could get lucky and be chosen - to bring this temperament to Europe.

This is what Angela "Migrant" Merkel wants from her secure Berlin office. This is what Peter "Sneering" Sutherland wants from his London mansion.

"wir schaffen das". "we can do it". We can turn your safe European life into an Islamic fundamentalist sh1thole. It is just easier to come down to their level rather than bring theirs up to ours.

Group rapes in Syria but not in Europe? wir schaffen das!

Violent attacks on non-Muslims on a regular basis? Wir schaffen das!

Ghettoisation and poverty in the middle east but not yet so bad in Europe? Wir schaffen das!

For everything else there is Mastercard...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fr. Jemima Racktouey

A lot of good points made so far on here. I fully agree with the poster who said when the Irish emigrated to USA, Canada, Australia etc they had nothing but the shirt on their backs. They had to work hard and got no state help from their host country. You either made it or you were on the street. I feel in Europe we are expected to provide migrants with things over and above what they'd get in most countries of the world.

I've always maintained from early on in the Middle East crisis that it's common sense that most refugees should be hosted in the surrounding Arab and Gulf countries. Culturally and socially there are much closer links than states in Europe. Some of these Gulf countries have vast petrodollar fuelled resources that could easily provide accommodation and services to refugees. Furthermore when the conflict eventually subsides refugees would be more likely to return to Syria/Iraq if they are located on the Arabian peninsula rather than based in Europe. I feel no pressure was exerted on these countries to pitch in. They are all well able to fund the conflict and keep it going but don't want to deal with the fallout. This piece illustrates why refugees are choosing Europe. Basically they have more rights and benefits plus a lot of Gulf countries aren't party to the U.N.refugee charter and don't offer citizenship to foreigners.

It seems as if ordinary Germans are copping on to the open arms policy of Merkel.
    (Not allowed to post the survey but it's available online in December 2015. Basically it says Germans are becoming sceptical of economic benefits accruing from migrants)

Germany have taken in upwards of 1.1m refugees last year which is a noble undertaking. However what if another million or probably more arrive this year? Then what? What if another million arrive in 2017? The unrestricted entry of so many people is naive at best. I can't find the article but I remember hearing recently on the radio that by German government figures they estimate that only 6-10% are able to participate in the workforce straight away. This isn't really surprising but was airbrushed when we were encouraged to take masses of unskilled, with no host country language, 3rd world people. What do you expect? How much will it cost to educate/train the remainder? Will the females be "allowed" to work by their patriarchal families?
    If there was a labour shortage or worrying future demographics why didn't they entice unemployed people from Spain or Greece who generally would be skilled and would just need to become proficient in German.

I am personally for immigration but it must be tightly controlled. Many of the nationalities are not countries currently embroiled in war e.g. Pakistan, most of Africa, Balkans etc so should be given short shrift. Also another query I have re refugees is I'd imagine most countries they're leaving wouldn't have a good civil administration or are unorganized at best. Hence they could have no documents or bogus ones. They could lie about country of origin and say they've no papers. What is the response to that? A small few could be criminals (both petty and serious) in their native states but because of poor record keeping there's no way of verifying their status. For instance if I want to go live in Australia, Canada, USA, Gulf and there's even a whiff of a criminal incident on my record I'll be denied entry (and rightly so). I just imagine that with such a surge of people coming at once (plus pressure from the PC brigade) it's impossible to have proper checks and verification on all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

I think though the migrant crisis is showing some very serious fundemental problems with the structure of the EU.

Like the Eurozone crisis, we are seeing a situation where a messy compromise of trying to create some aspects of a federation without the necessary instruments of government and democratic oversight.

The Schengen members have created a total freedom of movement bloc and a common visa system without an equivalent to a Department of Foreign Affairs, without really harmonising immigration policies, without having a federal borders agency or any kind of federal police force and with relatively rudimentary levels of coordination between police forces that aren't really much deeper than Interpol.

We constantly try to have it both ways : federal systems and rights without any of the structures necessary to support them because politically it's a hot potato that nobody will discuss.

I personally don't see anything wrong with having federal bodies in Europe on a narrow range of areas doing things right, with proper democratic oversight.

What we're ending up with instead is a central civil service without any of that and decisions and structures are being dreamt up through knee jerk panic responses to crisis.

The Eurozone issues were all similar - jump to merge everything. Bubbles happened. Everyone rushed to blame everyone else and we put ourselves into unnecessarily precarious fiscal and banking messes for absolutely no reason other than lack of cooperation.

The EU needs to really decide : is it a federation or is it just an international cooperative body. It's a unique and potentially very liberating and great thing, but it's being led by people with no vision and being allowed to lurch from crisis to crisis.

A few more of these messes and it'll just fall apart and that won't benefit anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Stheno you cannot expect or excuse rape as a symptom of sub standard accommodation. That's madness.

Where did she do that?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Next they'll be coming into our country, stealing our sex abuse and cover ups...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chillybilly

Most countries in the Balkans are already given short shrift and many are refused visas and residence permits even if they emigrate legally. For years my wife was treated like a leper because she came from a wartorn country (for work, not as a refugee) and endured racist slurs by people who don't even know where her country is and/or assume it to be some backwards shtiehole where everyone marries their cousin. Don't drag them into this, and don't tar them with the same brush. I know it's now kosher to harass Eastern Europeans because they're white but they're not the ones raping women on the streets of Berlin and never have been.

There is virtually 100% liberal bias in the Irish mainstream media today. Holding a conservative or 'traditional' view is immediately attacked these days. Being 'liberal' is not a bad thing but being liberal and intolerant of other viewpoints is.

Well thats not true at all. George Hook. Kevin Myers. David Quinn. Breda O'Brien. Brenda Power. Ian O'Doherty. Eamon Delaney. Mary Ellen Synon. Eoghan Harris. Stephen Collins. Richard Waghorne. Ruth Dudley Edwards. John Waters. None of them are liberals at all.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The answer to your question is Yes they do get priority over Irish citizens as shown below...

@RTE

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1215/753774-refugee-council/

Basically after 3 months they get housed by the council while folk have been waiting 15 years or more.

Probably into houses that have been refused by people offered them. Which is a whole other problem!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Most countries in the Balkans are already given short shrift and many are refused visas and residence permits even if they emigrate legally...I know it's now kosher to harass Eastern Europeans because they're white but they're not the ones raping women on the streets of Berlin and never have been.

According to the link in the OP, one woman. Cologne.

As for rape in other countries and by other European people, we saw it on a mass scale during the Bosnian conflict. Where Muslims were very much the victims.

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    Norway is offering classes to Muslims to teach them not to rape

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/20/report-norway-is-offering-classes-to-teach-muslim-immigrants-not-to-rape/

The real problem is not the Muslims but the people who would open our doors and welcome them into their country. Usually these are middle aged women and middle class people who think they are safe in their ivory towers away from the working class where these people would be placed here.

It is all well and good when these things are happening somewhere else and to strangers but the day will come when it will start happening here. Close the borders, get out of the EU and UN Convention for Human Rights. Islam is not a religion it is a movement of hate, sexism and racism.

I would open my door tomorrow and many many of my friends would too.

The biggest problem is the disgusting hate filled xenophobia,
    racism and sectarianism. It's ironic to grandstand about Islam being a religion of racism, hate and sexism when most of the hate and racism is coming from Non Muslims and Europeans and sexism was never a big problem before.

Terry Pratchet

Most countries in the Balkans are already given short shrift and many are refused visas and residence permits even if they emigrate legally. For years my wife was treated like a leper because she came from a wartorn country (for work, not as a refugee) and endured racist slurs by people who don't even know where her country is and/or assume it to be some backwards shtiehole where everyone marries their cousin. Don't drag them into this, and don't tar them with the same brush. I know it's now kosher to harass Eastern Europeans because they're white but they're not the ones raping women on the streets of Berlin and never have been.

Immigrants from the Balkans who mostly moved to countries like Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Scandinavia, Canada and Australia have contributed to their new countries pretty well (at least in football terms, which is what I know most about). Your correct though people can be very ignorant about immigrants' backgrounds and motives. I regularly hear people conflating Romanian people with Roma.

As I outlined I'm in favour of immigration including economic migration. In the case of economic migrants if the host country has a demand for one's skills and will allow them to stay and work that's fine by me. The overwhelming majority, including your wife I'm sure, want to work, get on, contribute to society and improve their prospects. We're all the same. The Irish go abroad even now for the same reasons.

It's just when a state rushes headfirst into accepting masses of people with no proper foresight or planning it will store up issues further down the tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Well do it then. Right now, there are homeless Irish people and homeless immigrants probbaly within 2km of your house. Open your tomorrow like you said.

But I bet you won't because as a far left racist, you single out certain ethnic groups for your own benefit.
    racism and sectarianism. It's ironic to grandstand about Islam being a religion of racism, hate and sexism when most of the hate and racism is coming from Non Muslims and Europeans and sexism was never a big problem before.

The issue concerns exactly what yoi said, these hate crimes. A large group of North Africans singled out and assualted women and men whose only crime was to look different anf speak a different language. That type of xenophobia is not common in a city as liberal as Cologne. If the far left have their way, that tolerance and openness in Cologne will be lost due to the rise of the extremist Islamicists and far left supporters of ethnic violence.

This type or sectarianism and violence to specific ethnic groups has been up to now unheard of, especially in Cologne, which is very open, very tolerant, very gay friendly. The level of hate we see is new, just like the chief of police said.

Hopefully these hate crimes will be logged.

Immigrants from the Balkans who mostly moved to countries like Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Scandinavia, Canada and Australia have contributed to their new countries pretty well (at least in football terms, which is what I know most about).

Have those who have raised the Balkan countries on a thread about sexual assault and rape just erased the 90s from their memories?

It is appalling that men who may be Muslim may have raped one woman in Cologne.

But let's not pretend that in the 90s tens of thousands of Muslim women were not raped. Here in Europe. By Europeans.

Which is not to excuse what happened in Cologne, merely to introduce some facts from our very recent history in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It seems it also happened in Hamburg on NYE:
    ...In the New Year’s Eve, it has also come to Hamburg to sexual assaults on young women. This was confirmed by the police to the “Hamburger Abendblatt” (pay content) on request. On the Grosse Freiheit in St. Pauli more men’s groups allegedly groped women, surrounded and robbed some of them...

Link: http://news.newsdirectory2.com/also-in-hamburg-sexual-assaults-on-women-on-new-years-eve/

Have those who have raised the Balkan countries on a thread about sexual assault and rape just erased the 90s from their memories?

It is appalling that men who may be Muslim may have raped one woman in Cologne.

But let's not pretend that in the 90s tens of thousands of Muslim women were not raped. Here in Europe. By Europeans.

Which is not to excuse what happened in Cologne, merely to introduce some facts from our very recent history in Europe.

By the Balkans I would include Bosnians, Kosovars and Albanians, all majority Muslim, in that group.

Nor have I erased from my memory the use of rape as a weapon of war by the Christian Serbs mostly on Bosniaks. I'm sure you're not denying ISIS, JAN and others similarly using rape on Christian and Yazidi women in Iraq/Syria. The Crusaders also committed rape on Muslims in the Middle East in the Middle ages. It is a disgusting feature of conflict through the ages by most parties and creeds. We can only hope it is wiped out in the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

pity they didn't get Merkel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

racism and sectarianism
    . It's ironic to grandstand about Islam being a religion of racism, hate and sexism when most of the hate and racism is coming from Non Muslims and Europeans and sexism was never a big problem before.

Same here - it's one of the reasons I am so against letting in these "refugees". You do get the irony that your freedom of sexual expression would be their number 1 on the "stuff we will happily kill you for" list? The level of "ivory tower" delusion baffles me. Do you honestly think they'd give you a big hug and you'd all be pals? Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

If found to be recent refugees, Merkel must take responsibility and resign. She's a moron opening the door like that. The perfect Trojan horse for potential terrorists.

viztopia wrote: »
    pity they didn't get Merkel

Theres a deep irony here.

On the one hand the racist sectarian hate filled bile tells us it wants the West protected from sexism.

On the other hand its now "a pity Angela Merkel wasn't raped"

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Stheno wrote: »
    IMport loads of refugees, put them up in halls and gyms with basic accomodation and little rights, what do you expect?

Setting people up to live as second class citizens never works.

And this right here is a big problem too. I suppose as there were so many Jews living better than Germans that they were forced into performing genocide? (In no way is this a dig at Germany, just an example.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

On the one hand the racist sectarian hate filled bile tells us it wants the West protected from sexism.

True

But its easy enough to see that people might like the elite who push a foolish idea like a total open door policy to all "refugees", suffer some of the obvious downsides and not just the average woman who goes out to celebrate the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The EU are anticipating 2 million+ illegal immigrants in 2016, we've seen nothing yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Pretty deep irony here, on the one hand it's no big deal and all blown out proportion (those ladies were "asking for it" in some people's opinions.*).

But it's ok to see it as negative when you want to criticise someone opposed to mass uncontrolled immigration.

* also pretty deep irony that the people trying to minimise, deflect and take this off on a tangent would be the first to have knicker twisting hiss fit over a video of a woman being verbally harassed on the street without any physical harassment. Mindboggling doublethink or a calculated attention craving?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pretty deep irony here, on the one hand it's no big deal and all blown out proportion (those ladies were "asking for it" in some people's opinions.*).

Must have missed those opinions, when was this?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Must have missed those opinions, when was this?
    That's ok, I found some of the attitudes a bit bizarre myself and dismissed them pretty much straight away.

The general gist of some attempts to downplay this is:
    Ah sure tis their own fault for being citizens of the country and having houses and jobs like.
    Bound to happen really! Pretty shtandard night out.

But it's ok to see it as negative when you want to criticise someone opposed to mass uncontrolled immigration.

* also pretty deep irony that the people trying to minimise, deflect and take this off on a tangent would be the first to have knicker twisting hiss fit over a video of a woman being verbally harassed on the street without any physical harassment. Mindboggling doublethink or a calculated attention craving?

Nobody said the women were asking to be raped. Nobody.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

The EU are anticipating 2 million+ illegal immigrants in 2016, we've seen nothing yet.

If they accept them, how would they be illegal???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I always find it funny when people use the term "liberal" in a pejorative way, as if being liberal is a bad thing.

Liberalism can be taken to extremes though. Look at the US Feminist movement, right now, for example. It isn't always a good thing.

I think modern society is so desperate to be viewed as PC, that they're willing to ignore anything that refutes their claims/beliefs.

If the link in this thread is true, then there is your example.

• Advertisement

Nobody said the women were asking to be raped. Nobody.

Where is the line between asking for it, deserved it, should have seen it coming, shouldn't be forcing these fine young men to be living in sports halls? Twas only a few anyway, happens every Tuesday in tesco.

There is a determined effort to downplay, minimise and deflect a pretty terrifying experience at the hands of a large organised group.

I'm taking some some of these attitudes and extending them a little to demonstrate how ridiculous they are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement