Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

What was the second flag for on 24? Stream lagged for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Adam Pacman Jones and Vontae Burfict...couldn't happen to a nicer set of guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Well at least Hill doesn't have to worry about catching the blame for losing this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

not a fan of the Steelers at all but the acts that Burfict has done tonight im delighted he has cost his team the game

empacher wrote: »
    What was the second flag for on 24? Stream lagged for it

Yeah he pushed Steelers coach (Joey Porter) as a ref was trying to seperate people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I wouldn't often say it, but Justice.

The Bengals, including their fans have been an absolute disgrace tonight and to lose because of their own thuggery is sweet, sweet, justice.

Disgraceful.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's justice/karma for you.

The sad thing is it'll probably be pinned on Hill for the fumble, an honest player making an honest mistake, instead of Burfict and Jones for the idiocy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great drive by Ben at the end it must be said, apart form all the messiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well at least Hill doesn't have to worry about catching the blame for losing this game.

He should get his share. How can you fumble in that situation?

Tell you what, props to Roethlisberger for coming out to lead that final drive. The man clearly couldn't throw the ball properly and I'm sure was in excessive pain. What a leader.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    Yeah he pushed Steelers coach (Joey Porter) as a ref was trying to seperate people

https://vine.co/v/ihlDeWhhgw2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If I had anything to do with that franchise I'd be pulling my hair out.

As a Patriots fan I'm well happy at what transpired there. It was a very physical game and the Patriots had a week off so I'd be hopeful we can win next weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Hazys wrote: »

that hit is sickening to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

He should get his share. How can you fumble in that situation?

Ah, where do you balance a good defensive play with the runner making a mistake?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Boswell has been fantastic since he came in

Paully D wrote: »
    Burfict's incidents have gone beyond a joke now lads. Something badly needs to be done before he does serious damage to someone. If there's any justice that will cost the Bengals the game.

Not even joking, the way he went in there and basically knocked Brown out was disgusting and he could have done serious damage. Life altering damage.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

That's how you implode in style. Spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Thought I had seen it all with the Elvis Dumervill foul after the clock ran out vs Jacksonville.This finish was just as crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I've been on my couch for 8 and a half hours now, for entertainment like that the nfl cannot be beat. See ye all tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Cant get over how stupid some nfl players are. The must be a disaster to try and coach. Every game there are players conceeding senceless penaltys but tonight was just unreal. Burfict was being warned on the touchline for the last 20 mins not to do anything stupid and he goes and costs the Bengals the game. Dont get how they can be so retarded. That tackle on brown was a disgrace

adrian522 wrote: »
    Marvin Lewis going to survive this? Ugly loss.

He will, but I'm not sure he should. 5 one-and-done playoff appearances in a row now and 6 in the last 7 years.

Losing Dalton would have given him a pass this year I think, but that was before the indiscipline from his players tonight which cost them the game so rightly or wrongly he'll take a lot of heat for that. They've had one of the best overall rosters in the league for the last few years and have never gone past the wildcard which is just simply not good enough.

You'd wonder how long he can go on and what another coach may be able to do with that roster.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If I had anything to do with that franchise I'd be pulling my hair out.

As a Patriots fan I'm well happy at what transpired there. It was a very physical game and the Patriots had a week off so I'd be hopeful we can win next weekend.

We play the Chiefs?

eagle eye wrote: »

Patriots have the Chiefs I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've seen some inventive ways of losing a game this season, being a Giants fan, but that was a first. Incredible scenes.

Blew my accumulator though,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

m.j.w wrote: »
    That tackle on brown was a disgrace

He took out Bell in Pittsburgh, tried to go for Ben's ankle in the regular season game, Brown this time, maybe he was ticking them off a list.

Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Can't imagine Brown plays next week. He was out cold with the stiff Frankenstein arms. Will be very dubious if he suits up next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

No Steelers fan, but I'm glad they won, in the face of such targetted barbarism.

Can't imagine Brown plays next week. He was out cold with the stiff Frankenstein arms. Will be very dubious if he suits up next weekend.

Ben likely a no-go or severely limited too. Shame. It'd have been a cracking rematch if both sides were relatively healthy.

• Advertisement

Marvin Lewis is the first coach in history to have a 0-7 playoff record

Advertisement