Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Here we go now...

Hoping for a shootout

Don't hold your breath. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Its only lucky when it suits, lost a Super Bowl with an interception on the last play, any game we've lost this season was a lost lead in the fourth. Yet when an opposition player bottles a kick we're the luckiest team in the league. **** off.

It's hardly only the kick in fairness. The broken play by Wilson was a jammy result coming from poor execution. Few questionable calls throughout the game going the hawks way. Incredibly lucky to be even be in the superbowl last year so not sure that can be brought up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's hardly only the kick in fairness. The broken play by Wilson was a jammy result coming from poor execution. Few questionable calls throughout the game going the hawks way. Incredibly lucky to be even be in the superbowl last year so not sure that can be brought up

If other teams don't have the bottle to close a game out that isn't our problem. Wilson makes those plays regularly so it was hardly a surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

And not running the ball but throwing on the two yard line with so little left is stupid, not unlucky :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If other teams don't have the bottle to close a game out that isn't our problem. Wilson makes those plays regularly so it was hardly a surprise.

wilson regularly makes a game winning kick??

SantryRed wrote: »
    And not running the ball but throwing on the two yard line with so little left is stupid, not unlucky :pac:

But Walsh missing a kick is lucky not bottling.
    Just typical double standards when it suits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

At least Cadle is back, Dara Kennedy has annoyed me for the last few weeks

She is completely useless god bless her. She even finds autocue reading difficult

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He did bottle it, but its still lucky for Seattle, don't know why you have such a problem with that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I see bad Eddie lacy has shown up... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Its only lucky when it suits
    And only unlucky when it suits.
    The INT came after a lucky catch.

You can tell us all to **** off if you wish, but that's more of a reflection on yourself.

****ing hell, packers what the utter ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok, so I was wrong to think there might be an improvement in the Packers OL,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Oh dear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭cosatron

****ing hell, packers what the utter ****

God we suck right now.

cosatron wrote: »
    God we suck right now.

sucking would be an improvement right now, we are disgraceful

• Advertisement

And only unlucky when it suits.
    The INT came after a lucky catch.

You can tell us all to **** off if you wish, but that's more of a reflection on yourself.

I wasnt the one who started throwing around the L word, you can look back through the thread. Poxiest was another one.

adrian522 wrote: »
    He did bottle it, but its still lucky for Seattle, don't know why you have such a problem with that though.

The Seahawks lost the Superbowl last season to an int right at the end of the game. They were never considered unlucky in that game so I think it's very fair for any fan of theirs to be annoyed at being told they are a lucky team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Packers looking like a team that has no confidence right now. Think Matthews will need a big game for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Oh DJax, how i wish you were still in Philly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Kirk Cousins baffles me, he is an utterly terrible turn over prone QB, who is playing like some Manning /Rodgers hybrid. Beyond baffling!!

Feel for Aaron Rodgers, he is getting murdered & getting no help from anyone.

• Advertisement

Its only lucky when it suits, lost a Super Bowl with an interception on the last play, any game we've lost this season was a lost lead in the fourth. Yet when an opposition player bottles a kick we're the luckiest team in the league. **** off.

A stop with the pity party even when the Seahawks looked terrible at the start of the year most people where confident they would make the playoffs and be a contender nobody has given the Seahawks anything but credit what is with some fan bases and looking for slights where there is none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Get in!!! (I hope) Skins doing a lot right so far

Ah crap😣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    The Seahawks lost the Superbowl last season to an int right at the end of the game. They were never considered unlucky in that game so I think it's very fair for any fan of theirs to be annoyed at being told they are a lucky team.

I didn't mention the superbowl, I was talking about today, up by 1 point facing a 20 yard FG as time expires.

I don't understand what his issue is with that assertion. Obviously they got lucky. Complete over reaction IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Looked short to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

No TD there.. the clown..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Two things on the Walsh bottle job. The hold was bad with the laces towards the kicker. And he's had a poor year kicking from left hash, with all extra pts being kicked from right hash. The last run play was to the right. Peterson200 cut it back left. Still should've made it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Morrison J wrote: »
    Packers left tackle David Bakhtiari is officially out. Their back-up center is going to be playing LT.

Watch out for Preston Smith..

Great shout whoever that was..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

No TD there.. the clown..

He really should have made that alright.... but it just delays the inevitable TD for a couple of mins.

I didn't mention the superbowl, I was talking about today, up by 1 point facing a 20 yard FG as time expires.

I don't understand what his issue is with that assertion. Obviously they got lucky. Complete over reaction IMO.

The issue was any game we win its "lucky" but we've lost last years SB at the death and any game this year in the fourth quarter and no one was going around saying the opposition was "lucky".

I'm done with this anyway, watching the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

got to dive for that TD there

• Advertisement

Might not be a td just yet but I think we all fancy it will be one in the next couple of plays.

Packers have to get going quick but if that line can't pass block and isn't able to run block either then it's going to be a long night for Green Bay.

I wasnt the one who started throwing around the L word, you can look back through the thread. Poxiest was another one.
    Embrace it. I'd love to have that luck on a regular basis cause it would mean my team was doing something right.
    The missed kick was good luck. Or you could say the pressure Sherman put on from the previous kick (almost got finger tips to it) had an affect?

eagle eye wrote: »

No many people thought it was a bad call by Pete Carroll but 99% of people felt they where unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Two things on the Walsh bottle job. The hold was bad with the laces towards the kicker. And he's had a poor year kicking from left hash, with all extra pts being kicked from right hash. The last run play was to the right. Peterson200 cut it back left. Still should've made it

Laces in or out shouldn't matter from 20 yds, you could practically kick it weak footed and knock it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Desean Jackson, big mistake now

The issue was any game we win its "lucky" but we've lost last years SB at the death and any game this year in the fourth quarter and no one was going around saying the opposition was "lucky".
    That's because Butler made a great play.
    If the Hawks missed a FG to win it, then yes, the Pats would have been called lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why DeSean Jackson is an idiot. Cost his team four points for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Everybody doesn't live in a world where we treat every game individually.

There was some guy who said they were always lucky and that he hated them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That's great defence in the end.

• Advertisement

Wow.... Packers make a pretty good stand there.

That dude sauntering to the end zone before really looks a chump now.

A few good moments for Ha Ha.

Ha Ha. Makes me laugh every time I say it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Bend don't break! Couple of great plays from Ha-ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

He really should have made that alright.... but it just delays the inevitable TD for a couple of mins.

or not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

coco1981 wrote: »
    Yep, also we lost Graham, Lynch and also Rawls who had really stepped up to replace Lynch. But we are lucky though!!

Throwing an interception isn't down to luck. It's down to a bad decision and a poor play call.

Dropping a lead in the fourth quarter in and of itself is not a matter of luck. If you were losing them to 55+ yard FGs from kickers not known for them, or bad ref calls etc, that would be bad luck.

Having maybe the most bruising, physical player in maybe the most physical, bruising position in the game miss 10 games over 6 years isn't bad luck. That's less time out than would be expected. Missing his backup at the same time tonight is a bit unlucky, but is very, very common in that position for a lot of teams.

All the same, congrats on the win. The saying of making your own luck rings somewhat true here as you had to put yourselves in the lead for that to happen. Going to be a fun one for you next week, I kind of like your chances to be honest!!

decent stand, now for the offence to punt it back to them and give them another shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Big fan of DJax, but man that was stupid

That's because Butler made a great play.
    If the Hawks missed a FG to win it, then yes, the Pats would have been called lucky.

Ah here, we can pick out a Seahawk today and say he made a great play and put off the kicker.

I agree that Butler made a great play btw, and I loved it. I don't agree with the assertion that the Seahawks were lucky to win today.

or not ;)

A couple of mins more.... :D

I'm done with this anyway, watching the next game.

Except most people where I watched it with a group containing about 12 pats fans and every single one of them said it was lucky

Another 3 & out for GB

Rogers should have made that 3rd down throw....

• Advertisement
Advertisement