Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Interception city

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Needed to score there, even 3 points, it would be silly to say it's over yet but the Cardinals aren't helping themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

This game is just bananas. Two plays, two interceptions.

Even in a one sided game the panthers are so much craic to watch. More please.

Not sure what they have to do for people to take them seriously but this should do it. The whole season their record was being dismissed for various dumb reasons. Lost count of how many "are they for real" articles and posts I read. Started to think I was imagining their existence. But here we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's just not over though when we have all these turnovers happening. All it takes is the Cards to put 7 on the board and it's only a ten point game then and their tails should be up. Get it down to a one score game after that and we'll see what the Panthers are made of then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I love watching Reinebold break down plays using that big fancy touchscreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's just not over though when we have all these turnovers happening. All it takes is the Cards to put 7 on the board and it's only a ten point game then and their tails should be up. Get it down to a one score game after that and we'll see what the Panthers are made of then.

True but Panthers are receiving in next half. Tis gas, what the hell was Palmer doing?! I know someone said it many many pages ago but he is really not helping himself. A calamity of errors, from the return fumble to the double interception. Would be very different if it was a 10/7 point game like the Cards should have got it down to.

Is newton elite, or has he just been made look good by this army of hof receivers he's throwing to? Six of them so far tonight.

Also, every time I see Olsen kicking ass I cry a little. Clearly has become a better tight end than martellus Bennett. I support this team because if the bears who are there like peanut, but Olsen hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He also has an excellent line, and that D is pretty damn impressive too which helps take the pressure off :) He has so much talent though, and so much more room to grow potentially

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Is newton elite, or has he just been made look good by this army of hof receivers he's throwing to? Six of them so far tonight.

Also, every time I see Olsen kicking ass I cry a little. Clearly has become a better tight end than martellus Bennett. I support this team because if the bears who are there like peanut, but Olsen hurts.

I'd second what Stringer Bell says. Great O-line which certainly helps. He hasn't got a great set of receivers though. They've all come out of no where to a certain extent this season and have not been consistent at all. For every 60/70 yard TD Ginn gets there are about 4/5 free catches that are dropped. I think he's just been amazing and a lot of it is down to the O-line and also as Stringer Bell says him being able to rely on his D to make some amazing plays also.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

I always think he's being selfish or greedy but he is incredibly effective. How he hasn't picked up an injury this season is beyond me.

• Advertisement

I think it's OK to declare this over now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Playoffs have twisted and turned at times, but that's game for me.
    Carolina will be hot fav for the SB. If their OL turn up, they should win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Royal Rumble numbers are rising...

He also has an excellent line, and that D is pretty damn impressive too which helps take the pressure off :) He has so much talent though, and so much more room to grow potentially

Ah but in fairness, he's kicked the **** out of every d he's come up against this year (including the seahawks who he tour asunder like wet paper), the line will only get you so far (I agree that after watching the last game it's weird watching someone get some time in the pocket). And I think he'll do the same thing to the best one of them all in the Superbowl.

I think it's OK to declare this over now

Heh I think the game is long over at this stage even by Carolina's habit of giving up a rake of 2nd half points. For that to happen Palmer would have to connect with a throw that is over 10 yards and his O line would have to stop giving up the resistance of wet paper ;) Plus Fitz isn't helping him by dropping a few

I only half stayed up as I was like feck this against Seattle at half time...game is obviously over and missed the second half of an amazing game.

Can't see the Bronco's giving Carolina any sort of a game :(

Game is basically over but that two point conversion from the cards was nice. They'll keep fighting from the looks of it.

Can anybody see the Broncos getting close to this Panthers team?

Two playoff games and two serious D's just blown out of the water and their own D is pretty awesome too.

Two playoff games and two serious D's just blown out of the water and their own D is pretty awesome too.

Nope! Hopefully it won't be as embarassing for them as it was a couple of years ago. I've a mate from Denver so I'll be up for them. With that said I couldn't see them getting anything out of the Pats either. Never say never. But I'd be extremely shocked

I think it'll be closer than this or the seahawks games but ultimately for me the panthers are playing so confidently and self assured, the play calls are so perfect, the offense is so versatile, the broncos are so reliant on their defence, I don't see it ending any other way than a panthers win. I'd say two scores in it by the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's the game. Brown had little chance to catch that.

• Advertisement

That might be that

Panthers should really be protecting people now, no need to have first teams out there a couple of weeks before the SB.

Christ almighty

This is some beatdown, I can't remember ever seeing a team look this good on both sides of the ball in the playoffs.

Palmer really needed to go all or nothing, unfortunately he's come up with nothing. Disappointed for Fitzgerald but Carolina deserve to go to the superbowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm genuinely scared for that Broncos offense. If Panthers shut down their run game, its going to get damn messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

The Panthers will be big favourites for the SB - and deservedly so - they are a seriously good team.

But people have been writing off the Broncos all season long yet they keep winning. When the Broncos fired Fox (and it was because the Broncos were blown out in the SB by Seattle) Elway said he that if the Broncos went down he wanted them to go down kicking and screaming - and that is something that didn't happen with Fox in charge (and has never happened with any team coached by Fox). Well this team will kick and scream and if they go down in the SB they will go down kicking and screaming.

The Panthers are a better team - a more balanced team - but the Broncos have an elite defence and they can rattle Newton. Last night they pounded Brady from pillar to post and he will still be having nightmares about it next September. If they can get to Newton (and the Panthers OL is better than the Pats) they can rattle him and force him into mistakes.

The odds favour the Panthers - but the Broncos have spent all season winning games they should not have - here's hoping they have one more game that they can pull out of the fire.

This is a good time to be a Broncos fan - back in the SB and a second AFC title in three years. Credit Elway and Kubiak for what they have done this season - and this team will only get better. The defence is in place - most of the pieces will still be there next year (and those that aren't will be replaced) - and the offence will be a lot better (with the Broncos pounding the ball in true Kubiak fashion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Very surprised to see the line open at just -3.5. The only way I see the Panthers not covered a TD minimum is that nerves get the better of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

SantryRed wrote: »
    Very surprised to see the line open at just -3.5. The only way I see the Panthers not covered a TD minimum is that nerves get the better of them.

They've played with such confidence that I don't see nerves entering their mindset.
    The Pats performance perhaps highlighted it even more, but their OL is doing a great job in terms of protection and running the ball. They may not even need to be at their peak to win the SB.

Can't rule out that Denver D, but I'll def take Carolina at -3.5.

• Advertisement

They've played with such confidence that I don't see nerves entering their mindset.
    The Pats performance perhaps highlighted it even more, but their OL is doing a great job in terms of protection and running the ball. They may not even need to be at their peak to win the SB.

Can't rule out that Denver D, but I'll def take Carolina at -3.5.
    You have to respect the Denver D but the Panthers D is arguably even better.

The Panthers bring it on both sides of the ball. Denver are really only good on one side.

Advertisement